BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > UK

Lux Angel Eyes

06-29-2010, 11:59 AM   #1
taylorsjt

Drives: Jerez Black e92

Warranty Paint issue - Great Service

The e92 is off too the body shop once more :-( but the point to this thread is to highlight good service.....

Doing the weekly Sunday evening car cleaning ritual; applied a nice thick layer of snow foam to the car, let it sit for 5 minutes, jet washed it off, almost finished, flicked the head of the washer down the off side front wing, as I swept under the headlight cluster, a long wide flake of paint came off revealing some nice white primer!

It was one of those moments where you just stand, mouth open, staring.

I picked the car up used not that long ago but hadn't really gotten up close to the nose of it, it looked fine from a crouching stance; upon closer inspection (on hands and knee's with face less than an inch from the lights) it was apparent the car had had some previous work done to the paint (not great touch up work) so it was likely that this was the reason for the flake.

Faced with not only a crap paint job staring me in the face but also the prospect of probably 500 to sort, I was less than impressed as you can imagine. I was as much kicking myself for not picking it up when I bought the car.

I fully expected that I would need to get the car back to the original dealer (some distance from where I live) to have the issue sorted. On the off chance of an easier solution, my first point of call was my local - Cotswold BMW of Cheltenham.

After a quick phone chat, I took the car down to them straight away. The assessor said it was likely they could get it done under warranty but may take a week or two to put through the appropriate channels - 2 days later I got a call from the body shop asking for a good time to book the car in for the work! RESULT! Didn't have to raise one word in anger with a single soul!

The quality of their work is excellent; I had the bonnet resprayed by them only a week after I picked the car up due to a monumental stone impact; the workmanship was second to none as was the service. They aren't shy with publicising the awards they have won but in my opinion they are completely justified in doing so - they could have so easily sent me away to the selling dealer. I know that it is all revenue to them so not that surprising they wanted to help, it was just the way the handled the entire episode. How many times in the last 12 months have you stood opened mouthed due to bad service simply not able to understand how a company could think they can afford to treat you so badly? These guys go out of their way to make sure every interaction with their company is a good one (in my experience at least) - I was hacked off with myself for not spotting it and BMW for letting it through the "stringent million check approved used process", these guys made all that go away!

Like everyone on here, I have done my fair share of justified complaining over poor workmanship and service in the past on many forums associated with a number of different brands; for me, this makes reporting of good service through forums very important. I know where I shall be buying my F30 M3 from!

This is a pic upon collection from my drive this morning......3 long days now until it returns :-(
Attached Images

06-29-2010, 03:51 PM   #2
hugehead
Lieutenant

Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
it nice to know that not all stealers are after yr money .

the passenger side wing mirror develope a crack after only 100 miles from new and the load through hatch at thr rear seat broke on the first usage !!!, took it to Williams BMW in manchester ( where I had bought the car ), first they said its would be replaced under warrenty , but when i pick the car up I was made to pay for the mirror glass @ 200+ !!!!!, not happy at all on a car that was listed price 64K .
in the end decide to just pay them , but will not buy my next car from them , I had spent over 80K in 3 month in their shop(2 cars) , would of though replacing the mirror out of goodwill would be the order of the day !!!
hugehead is offline   United Kingdom
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2010, 07:39 AM   #3
s99ane
Private First Class

Drives: e92 M3

Not a fan of Williams after one too many fupas from them. Have been using BMW Stockport recently and found them to be exceptional. Ask for Kelly on service very helpful.

Shane
      06-30-2010, 11:32 AM   #4
hugehead
Lieutenant

Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by s99ane View Post
Not a fan of Williams after one too many fupas from them. Have been using BMW Stockport recently and found them to be exceptional. Ask for Kelly on service very helpful.

Shane
Yes had though about taken the car to Stockport , but I work right next door to Williams (on Upper brook st) and also I had bought the car from them so ........ defo next service its going to David holmes in stockport !!
hugehead is offline   United Kingdom
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 05:29 AM   #5
taylorsjt

Drives: Jerez Black e92

....car returned safe and sound and looking like new. Going to get the car booked in with the local detailer now for a little paint correction work.