BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-02-2006, 05:53 PM   #1
Greg S
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

 
Drives: 01 330CI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Fort Worth TX

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Greg S
Just placed deposit

Well my father just placed a deposit on an 07(or 08, whatever...) M3 at the local dealer, #17 on the list.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2006, 11:11 PM   #2
Jason
Administrator
Jason's Avatar
United_States
6764
Rep
16,685
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaio76109
Well my father just placed a deposit on an 07(or 08, whatever...) M3 at the local dealer, #17 on the list.
will you have use of the car whenever you want?
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2006, 11:15 PM   #3
Greg S
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

 
Drives: 01 330CI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Fort Worth TX

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Greg S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
will you have use of the car whenever you want?
HAHA, no. But I'll get to drive it from time to time, maybe even a DE or 2 in it.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2006, 05:38 PM   #4
Smoltz
Lieutenant
5
Rep
464
Posts

 
Drives: 04 Challenge Stradale + 02 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Live Free or Die

iTrader: (0)

Was there any sort of agreement on price?

-Adam
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2006, 12:22 AM   #5
bmwexecutive
Banned
bmwexecutive's Avatar
71
Rep
2,453
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: East Coast

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoltz
Was there any sort of agreement on price?

-Adam
That's what I'd like to know. I plan on putting down a deposit within the next few months, but only with a dealer that will lease it to me for no more than $1,000 over invoice. I'll be faxing many dealers --- around 40.

I'll have to back out though if the base price is more than $60K. I won't be able to afford more than $850/month and that's around where I picture it for a $65,000 MSRP (or course I'd want some options included in that price)
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2006, 02:58 PM   #6
Smoltz
Lieutenant
5
Rep
464
Posts

 
Drives: 04 Challenge Stradale + 02 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Live Free or Die

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwexecutive
That's what I'd like to know. I plan on putting down a deposit within the next few months, but only with a dealer that will lease it to me for no more than $1,000 over invoice. I'll be faxing many dealers --- around 40.

I'll have to back out though if the base price is more than $60K. I won't be able to afford more than $850/month and that's around where I picture it for a $65,000 MSRP (or course I'd want some options included in that price)

You're wasting your time, no dealer is going to take an order for $1000 over invoice on a car that there are waiting lits for, is a few years off, and that has historically fetched over MSRP in many areas.

I'm not saying that once the cars start coming in that you wont be able to get a deal, but no dealer is going to agree to that sort of pricing at this point in time.

-Adam
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2006, 12:40 PM   #7
BMWDavid
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
BMWDavid's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
690
Posts


 
Drives: M3 ZCP Fire Orange
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: All of USA! Every BMW! Steve Thomas BMW

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 Sedan  [0.00]
2005(sold but not f ...  [5.00]
2006 X3  [0.00]
1984 633csi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoltz
You're wasting your time, no dealer is going to take an order for $1000 over invoice on a car that there are waiting lits for, is a few years off, and that has historically fetched over MSRP in many areas.

I'm not saying that once the cars start coming in that you wont be able to get a deal, but no dealer is going to agree to that sort of pricing at this point in time.

-Adam
I have taken 4 orders personally for the M3. Three coupes, one convertible. All at MSRP. I am accepting orders. Thanks. Have a great day.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2006, 09:09 PM   #8
Smoltz
Lieutenant
5
Rep
464
Posts

 
Drives: 04 Challenge Stradale + 02 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Live Free or Die

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by david06M3
I have taken 4 orders personally for the M3. Three coupes, one convertible. All at MSRP. I am accepting orders. Thanks. Have a great day.

Did you read my post? I said that no dealers are going to be taking orders for $1000 over INVOICE.

But if you will, let me know. I'll place a deposit with you today.

-Adam
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2007, 01:50 PM   #9
imolazhp_ci
Major
12
Rep
1,002
Posts

 
Drives: Z4 M Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: orange county

iTrader: (0)

haha yeah. nobody will EVER sell an M3 for 1000 over invoice. much less at launch.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST