BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

GetBMWParts

03-06-2007, 11:19 AM   #1
m_bazeepaymon
Major

Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Send a message via AIM to m_bazeepaymon
differences between concept and reality

does any1 have a good guess of what might be different (Hopefully nothing at all)

Do we have a good guess on launch date now?

how are we gonna learn about the launch date dnt tell me we have to wait till Frankfurt

ZzZzZ'er
      03-06-2007, 12:46 PM   #2
JEllis
Brigadier General

Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3

Automobile Mag claims this is basically the final form. They even believe the CSL style wheels will be sticking around for production.

Jason
      03-06-2007, 01:33 PM   #3
SCOTT26
Brigadier General

Drives: Frozen Dark Silver 30 Jahre

Unofficially what you are seeing today is a Hybrid of M3 and M3 CSL , Both of these cars will enhance their status by differing exterior elements of the design and an upgraded V8 for the CSL .

Hope that answers your questions without compromising my neck!

later this month we commence photography and film shoot on the production car which will take in some exotic locations such as back to Dubai and Iceland and the A87 in Scotland. The car in production form will have it's official press release in the 2nd week of July prior to it's official debut at the IAA in Frankfurt this Septemeber.
      03-06-2007, 02:31 PM   #4
m_bazeepaymon
Major

Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Send a message via AIM to m_bazeepaymon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Unofficially what you are seeing today is a Hybrid of M3 and M3 CSL , Both of these cars will enhance their status by differing exterior elements of the design and an upgraded V8 for the CSL .

Hope that answers your questions without compromising my neck!

later this month we commence photography and film shoot on the production car which will take in some exotic locations such as back to Dubai and Iceland and the A87 in Scotland. The car in production form will have it's official press release in the 2nd week of July prior to it's official debut at the IAA in Frankfurt this Septemeber.
thank you

ZzZzZ'er
      03-06-2007, 03:06 PM   #5
M2002
Private First Class

Drives: 04 330i

hey SCOTT26 do you have any info as to when the photoshoot in dubai will take place?
i live in dubai and hope to see the m3 in the highway soon.
M2002 is offline   Canada
      03-06-2007, 03:31 PM   #6
Shinobi
Addicted to AutoX

Drives: Modded e46

I'm busy at work to research this, but doesn't the US M6 have a carbon fiber roof with no moonroof? So, why wouldn't the US M3 not have a CF roof as some have said? Is it because US customers in general prefer a moonroof, or is it the added cost perhaps? I know alot of people who would prefer the weight savings and extra headroom. Plus, the CF roof is something that would distinguish the M from the non-M, along with the LSD and DSG.
      03-06-2007, 07:04 PM   #7
MojorisinM3
Major

Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi View Post
I'm busy at work to research this, but doesn't the US M6 have a carbon fiber roof with no moonroof? So, why wouldn't the US M3 not have a CF roof as some have said? Is it because US customers in general prefer a moonroof, or is it the added cost perhaps? I know alot of people who would prefer the weight savings and extra headroom. Plus, the CF roof is something that would distinguish the M from the non-M, along with the LSD and DSG.
Flame away, but I wont even consider the car if I cant get a moonroof. Sorry.... I would assume the CFR will be an option.
      03-06-2007, 07:06 PM   #8
SpencerM3
Sauce

Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

I bet on the US bound car we don’t see the CF roof and we don’t see the extra vents on the hood. Plus I bet those ugly orange reflectors built into the wheel wells on the 335i make it over to the M3.

All in all I think the car looks very very aggressive!
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
SpencerM3 is offline   United_States