BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-02-2010, 01:22 AM   #1
GewoW
#thatsanicemovebro
 
GewoW's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 LSB/Black 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal, Canada

Posts: 3,832
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [4.67]
Send a message via Skype™ to GewoW
Arrow Opinions on 2 used E46 Ms

Basically a friend of mine is looking for an E46 M. Cab or not, he doesn't mind. There are 2 on sale that he found. Here are the specs:

1- '05 E46 M3 Cab 6MT 78000Km - warranty ends May 2011

19'' wheels/other shit
43 K

2- '06 E46 M3 Competition package 6MT 21500Km - warranty ends May 2012

Sun Roof/Competition package/other shit
53 K
Red flag - guy has painted reflectors...i.e. is probably a forum goer and well...I don't need to get into details

I think either one is at least 5K too expensive, but we are in Canada...
So should he look in the States, given that it will be cheaper? Also the warranties don't have much time left.

Also, he is not one to give a shit about the Competition package...it's the fact that the mileage is so low that is sick. But again...forum goer

Opinions please!!
__________________

Last edited by GewoW; 06-02-2010 at 02:18 AM.
GewoW is offline   Greece
0
Reply With Quote
      06-02-2010, 08:48 AM   #2
AMOCHOSTO
Major
 
AMOCHOSTO's Avatar
 
Drives: IB BB E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto.

Posts: 1,007
iTrader: (0)

Both seem pretty expensive to me. You can get E46s for mid $30K. or are these CPO cars?
__________________
E90 Interlagos Blue, (Winter Beater) Bamboo Beige, M-Drive, EDC, PDC, USB 6MT.
Mods to date; Curb rash, Scraped front spoiler, Installed RAC Monolite RG63 Silver
1984 Porsche 911 Carrera Coupe (ROW)

AMOCHOSTO is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-02-2010, 10:00 AM   #3
GewoW
#thatsanicemovebro
 
GewoW's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 LSB/Black 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal, Canada

Posts: 3,832
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [4.67]
Send a message via Skype™ to GewoW
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMOCHOSTO View Post
Both seem pretty expensive to me. You can get E46s for mid $30K. or are these CPO cars?
Yes, these are through BMW dealers, not private sellers.
__________________
GewoW is offline   Greece
0
Reply With Quote
      06-02-2010, 10:14 AM   #4
koxal
Her Zaman Her Yerde
 
koxal's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SG F10 M5
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: North Jersey

Posts: 1,135
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
wtf!!!!!!

you can buy a CPO 2008 e92 m3 for less than 50K in USA.
koxal is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-02-2010, 10:25 AM   #5
GewoW
#thatsanicemovebro
 
GewoW's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 LSB/Black 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal, Canada

Posts: 3,832
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [4.67]
Send a message via Skype™ to GewoW
Quote:
Originally Posted by koxal View Post
wtf!!!!!!

you can buy a CPO 2008 e92 m3 for less than 50K in USA.
Welcome to Canada
__________________
GewoW is offline   Greece
0
Reply With Quote
      06-02-2010, 11:34 AM   #6
M3 Montreal
Colonel
 
Drives: 2012 M3 SG ,DCT & 2011 S4
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montreal , Canada

Posts: 2,166
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GewoW View Post
Basically a friend of mine is looking for an E46 M. Cab or not, he doesn't mind. There are 2 on sale that he found. Here are the specs:

1- '05 E46 M3 Cab 6MT 78000Km - warranty ends May 2011

19'' wheels/other shit
43 K

2- '06 E46 M3 Competition package 6MT 21500Km - warranty ends May 2012

Sun Roof/Competition package/other shit
53 K
Red flag - guy has painted reflectors...i.e. is probably a forum goer and well...I don't need to get into details

I think either one is at least 5K too expensive, but we are in Canada...
So should he look in the States, given that it will be cheaper? Also the warranties don't have much time left.

Also, he is not one to give a shit about the Competition package...it's the fact that the mileage is so low that is sick. But again...forum goer

Opinions please!!
I hate convertibles on sports cars so I say the Competition pack E46. You can't track convertibles at many events and thats a huge negative for me since this car is Soooo nice to track.

If he plans on never tracking it and is looking for a nice cruiser maybe he can find a used 335 convertible.
__________________
2012 E92-M3 Space Grey on Fox Red, DCT

2011 B8 S4 S-Tronic , Black on magma red
M3 Montreal is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-02-2010, 12:06 PM   #7
100PROOF
Second Lieutenant
 
100PROOF's Avatar
 
Drives: 128i Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Montreal, Canada

Posts: 270
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Montreal View Post
I hate convertibles on sports cars so I say the Competition pack E46. You can't track convertibles at many events and thats a huge negative for me since this car is Soooo nice to track.

If he plans on never tracking it and is looking for a nice cruiser maybe he can find a used 335 convertible.
x2. Vert is nice if it's just a weekend/cruising car, but for a DD/winter car or a track car, stay away from the vert.

Also, it doesn't matter how much abuse he's put it through, at 21500km there can't be too much wear on the engine and tranny so I'd tend to lean toward that one.
__________________
100PROOF - Marketing & Design
Follow us on Twitter for interesting examples of great advertising posted daily! @proof100
100PROOF is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-02-2010, 12:17 PM   #8
Gearhead999s
Major General
 
Gearhead999s's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 335is(wifes)E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 6,687
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Montreal View Post
I hate convertibles on sports cars so I say the Competition pack E46. You can't track convertibles at many events and thats a huge negative for me since this car is Soooo nice to track.

If he plans on never tracking it and is looking for a nice cruiser maybe he can find a used 335 convertible.
I happen to have a used 335 cab for sale

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=382692
Gearhead999s is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2010, 02:49 PM   #9
GewoW
#thatsanicemovebro
 
GewoW's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 LSB/Black 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal, Canada

Posts: 3,832
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [4.67]
Send a message via Skype™ to GewoW
thx guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
I happen to have a used 335 cab for sale

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=382692
I sent him the link
__________________
GewoW is offline   Greece
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST