BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

GetBMWParts

05-22-2010, 01:40 AM   #1
asheesh88
Private

Drives: 2010 Space Gray E90 M3

IPhone snap in adaptor creating weird issues

Hi all,

I have had my 2010 M3 for about 3 months, with factory installed smartphone integration and usb. At first I was using the iPhone cable that came with the car. However I reccently got the iPhone snap in adaptor for my 3GS (the correct one that charges, plays MP3s, etc.) and have been having some strange intermittant issues:

- Sometimes the bluetooth gets disconnected.
- Sometimes the phone is in the snap in adaptor, yet the phone does not charge.
- Sometimes the phone is connected and I can answer phone calls through the iDrive, but I cannot hear the other person at all, and the voice dos not come through the iPhone either. In this case, I have to turn off bluetooth on the phone and turn it back on, then all seems fine.

None of these things happened with the cable....I am wondering if anyone else is having similar issues, and if there is a resolution to the problems.

Thanks,

Asheesh
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2010, 04:03 AM   #2
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness

Drives: Slowly

It's gotta be a phone issue since charging is the only issue you have that has anything to do with the cradle. The answering/BT issues aren't an issue with the adapter since those are still done over BT even when snapped into the adapter.
quality_sound is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 09:36 PM   #3
asheesh88
Private

Drives: 2010 Space Gray E90 M3

HI all,

another problem that I just noticed today:

My iphone 3GS was down to 5% battery. I put in the cradle to charge it....the battery icon in the corner of the iPhone turned into a battery with a plug in it......I believe that means that the iPhone is fully charged (clearly it wasnt.

I tried to undock and redock it but the plug icon kept coming.

Finally I switched to the USB port and the cradle and it began charging fine (lightning bolt).

I have charged the iPhone with the cradle many times before....it seems to intermittantly think the iPhone is fully charged when it is not...

Any ideas?

Asheesh
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2010, 01:55 AM   #4
JIO
Captain

Drives: '09 Space Gray E92 M3 w/DCT

Are you sure you have the 3GS cradle? There is one for the 3G phone and one for the 3GS phone. Perhaps you have the older cradle? I'd double check the numbers.
Appreciate 0