BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
PYSPEED
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-02-2010, 09:16 AM   #1
That Nice Guy Beck!
Captain
 
Drives: 2011 alpine white m3 vert
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NYC/CHICAGO

Posts: 914
iTrader: (0)

over invoice?

what does this mean?
what should i be looking at?
i already ordered my car but still would like to question this
That Nice Guy Beck! is offline   Albania
0
Reply With Quote
      06-02-2010, 10:35 AM   #2
outie
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: CA

Posts: 517
iTrader: (0)

There's MSRP price published on bmwusa.com, and there's an invoice (wholesale) price that you have find from other sources, like Edmunds.com. A reasonable price is anywhere from $0 - $1500 over invoice for a MY2011 new car.
outie is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-02-2010, 12:51 PM   #3
Wah
Red Hot Riplet
 
Wah's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 F82 M4
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NJ

Posts: 1,041
iTrader: (1)

There is a wholesale price sheet floating around here somewhere. If you PM me, I can send it to you. Just add up the base price, the options that you ordered, and the fees, and that is the invoice price of your car. Subtract that from what you paid, and that is the amount over invoice you paid. I ordered my M3 at invoice from David Aviles @ Passport BMW, and I was quoted $500 over invoice from my local dealer.
Wah is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-02-2010, 01:30 PM   #4
That Nice Guy Beck!
Captain
 
Drives: 2011 alpine white m3 vert
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NYC/CHICAGO

Posts: 914
iTrader: (0)

pm sent thank you
That Nice Guy Beck! is offline   Albania
0
Reply With Quote
      06-02-2010, 02:02 PM   #5
Wah
Red Hot Riplet
 
Wah's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 F82 M4
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NJ

Posts: 1,041
iTrader: (1)

chk your email.
Wah is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-02-2010, 02:38 PM   #6
mphatic
Private First Class
 
Drives: 09 E92 M3 SG & FR
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Southern CT

Posts: 136
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Nice Guy Beck! View Post
what does this mean?
what should i be looking at?
i already ordered my car but still would like to question this
You order your car and THEN you ask this!?!
mphatic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-02-2010, 02:57 PM   #7
That Nice Guy Beck!
Captain
 
Drives: 2011 alpine white m3 vert
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NYC/CHICAGO

Posts: 914
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphatic View Post
You order your car and THEN you ask this!?!
yea so


Thanks for sending that!
That Nice Guy Beck! is offline   Albania
0
Reply With Quote
      06-02-2010, 05:54 PM   #8
///M3andC63
Major
 
///M3andC63's Avatar
 
Drives: ///M3 Coupe, C63 AMG
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Clemente, CA

Posts: 1,037
iTrader: (9)

Wah, you got PM
__________________


2013 E92 ///M3 | Akrapovic GT4 | HRE C20 | KW Clubsports | Recaro Pole Position | Mode Carbon | V1 | My Daily
2013 C63 AMG | Mode Carbon | V1 | Wifes Daily
///M3andC63 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-02-2010, 06:19 PM   #9
Wah
Red Hot Riplet
 
Wah's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 F82 M4
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NJ

Posts: 1,041
iTrader: (1)

Here is the invoice price sheet for all you guys PMing me.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 2011 M3 e90 e92 e93 Wholesale Pricing.pdf (142.6 KB, 100 views)
Wah is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-02-2010, 07:13 PM   #10
OC ///M
Dr. Octagon
 
OC ///M's Avatar
 
Drives: Moonstone e92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: So Cal

Posts: 1,811
iTrader: (0)

EuroCarsOnline.com for no hassle or haggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Nice Guy Beck! View Post
what does this mean?
what should i be looking at?
i already ordered my car but still would like to question this
If you can cancel your order, David Aviles can help you get your car at invoice without any trouble. I personally will never buy another BMW from anyone else.
__________________
OC ///M

2013 E92 M3 Individual
Sold: 2011 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Into a Wall: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2007 E92 335i JB
OC ///M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-02-2010, 08:54 PM   #11
richardbb85
Major
 
Drives: e92 m3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: annandale, va

Posts: 1,459
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC kid View Post
If you can cancel your order, David Aviles can help you get your car at invoice without any trouble. I personally will never buy another BMW from anyone else.
yup, can't go wrong with david
__________________
2011 E92 Space Grey/black + Tech + Premi + Heated Seats
richardbb85 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-03-2010, 11:32 AM   #12
mphatic
Private First Class
 
Drives: 09 E92 M3 SG & FR
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Southern CT

Posts: 136
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Nice Guy Beck! View Post
yea so


Thanks for sending that!
Well maybe I'm not interpreting your question correctly (if so I apologize) but you seem to imply that you have ordered a car in the $65K to $75K neighborhood without even the most rudimentary knowledge of what you're doing and that gets you a from me. I have no idea whether you're a teenager pretending to be getting a e9x or using daddy's $$ to get one or are so wealthy that you spend that kind of money without knowing what you're doing but it is unfathomable to me that you bought an M3 without knowing what "over invoice" means and whether you should be looking at it.

It's rather amusing when someone plays the fool and then gets indignant about it when they are seen as such
mphatic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-03-2010, 11:39 AM   #13
Wah
Red Hot Riplet
 
Wah's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 F82 M4
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NJ

Posts: 1,041
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphatic View Post
Well maybe I'm not interpreting your question correctly (if so I apologize) but you seem to imply that you have ordered a car in the $65K to $75K neighborhood without even the most rudimentary knowledge of what you're doing and that gets you a from me. I have no idea whether you're a teenager pretending to be getting a e9x or using daddy's $$ to get one or are so wealthy that you spend that kind of money without knowing what you're doing but it is unfathomable to me that you bought an M3 without knowing what "over invoice" means and whether you should be looking at it.

It's rather amusing when someone plays the fool and then gets indignant about it when they are seen as such
Why do you care so much? Its his money. I'd guess that most people have no idea what invoice pricing is when they buy their cars... does that make them all fools?
Wah is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-03-2010, 01:13 PM   #14
mphatic
Private First Class
 
Drives: 09 E92 M3 SG & FR
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Southern CT

Posts: 136
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
Why do you care so much? Its his money. I'd guess that most people have no idea what invoice pricing is when they buy their cars... does that make them all fools?
I don't care "so much", just barely enough to post on an internet forum lol Idk maybe you're right but I find it hard to believe that in this day and age, most people don't know what "invoice" is and aren't aware that many dealers will try and gouge you so you should have an idea what they paid for the car. I mean if you can find an M3 forum on the internet you should be able to find Edmunds or the like! Furthermore, if I examine my own assumptions honestly, I also may hold BMW and especially M3 purchasers in higher regard in terms of taste and perspicacity. That assumption is being disproved in real time
mphatic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-03-2010, 04:59 PM   #15
That Nice Guy Beck!
Captain
 
Drives: 2011 alpine white m3 vert
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NYC/CHICAGO

Posts: 914
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphatic View Post
Well maybe I'm not interpreting your question correctly (if so I apologize) but you seem to imply that you have ordered a car in the $65K to $75K neighborhood without even the most rudimentary knowledge of what you're doing and that gets you a from me. I have no idea whether you're a teenager pretending to be getting a e9x or using daddy's $$ to get one or are so wealthy that you spend that kind of money without knowing what you're doing but it is unfathomable to me that you bought an M3 without knowing what "over invoice" means and whether you should be looking at it.

It's rather amusing when someone plays the fool and then gets indignant about it when they are seen as such

teenager? i'm 35 years old, coming off of a 335i lease excuse me for not knowing the what the fuck over invoice is. pretending???? - I posted a screen shot of my online account when I first said hello here sorry but not everyone hangs out on a message board and is supposed to fucking know ed delivery and how to track a fucking boat coming to the dock or what over invoice means , I go to my dealer tell him i want to pay no more then $950 a mo for a fully loaded e93 with tax 15k a year 36 mos thats what i do.
That Nice Guy Beck! is offline   Albania
0
Reply With Quote
      06-03-2010, 05:00 PM   #16
That Nice Guy Beck!
Captain
 
Drives: 2011 alpine white m3 vert
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NYC/CHICAGO

Posts: 914
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphatic View Post
I don't care "so much", just barely enough to post on an internet forum lol Idk maybe you're right but I find it hard to believe that in this day and age, most people don't know what "invoice" is and aren't aware that many dealers will try and gouge you so you should have an idea what they paid for the car. I mean if you can find an M3 forum on the internet you should be able to find Edmunds or the like! Furthermore, if I examine my own assumptions honestly, I also may hold BMW and especially M3 purchasers in higher regard in terms of taste and perspicacity. That assumption is being disproved in real time
go buy a volvo its a perfect car for you.
That Nice Guy Beck! is offline   Albania
0
Reply With Quote
      06-03-2010, 05:03 PM   #17
That Nice Guy Beck!
Captain
 
Drives: 2011 alpine white m3 vert
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NYC/CHICAGO

Posts: 914
iTrader: (0)

a****


http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=386311
That Nice Guy Beck! is offline   Albania
0
Reply With Quote
      06-03-2010, 05:12 PM   #18
mexicanmike
Captain
 
Drives: 09 E93 Jerez Black
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Morgan Hill, CA

Posts: 636
iTrader: (0)

^ The posts above prove your forum name is incorrect.
mexicanmike is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-03-2010, 05:13 PM   #19
mexicanmike
Captain
 
Drives: 09 E93 Jerez Black
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Morgan Hill, CA

Posts: 636
iTrader: (0)

Nice choice on the e93!! You are gonna love it.
mexicanmike is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-03-2010, 06:58 PM   #20
mphatic
Private First Class
 
Drives: 09 E92 M3 SG & FR
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Southern CT

Posts: 136
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Nice Guy Beck! View Post
teenager? i'm 35 years old, coming off of a 335i lease excuse me for not knowing the what the fuck over invoice is. pretending???? - I posted a screen shot of my online account when I first said hello here sorry but not everyone hangs out on a message board and is supposed to fucking know ed delivery and how to track a fucking boat coming to the dock or what over invoice means , I go to my dealer tell him i want to pay no more then $950 a mo for a fully loaded e93 with tax 15k a year 36 mos thats what i do.


OK, OK you're 35....just with the mentality, maturity and temperamant of a teenager. Holy over-reaction Batman, I'm guessing you're one of those road-rage guys Read more carefully and you'll see that I didn't accuse you of either being a teenager or pretending, just didn't know what your deal was but whatever....your profanity laced response confirms that you and I see many things differently and that there's nothing productive about continuing to interact with you. I'm sure there are many members with much more patience for you. Good luck with your car dude
mphatic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-03-2010, 06:59 PM   #21
kcdude24
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: KC

Posts: 325
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Nice Guy Beck! View Post
teenager? i'm 35 years old, coming off of a 335i lease excuse me for not knowing the what the fuck over invoice is.[] ...is supposed to fucking know ed delivery and how to track a fucking boat ... I go to my dealer tell him i want to pay no more then $950 a mo for a fully loaded e93 with tax 15k a year 36 mos thats what i do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
does that make them all fools?
Yes.

Then again I expect many others would like to ask similar questions and just don't ask. That is the good thing about the forum....Beck is just taking one for the team.
kcdude24 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-03-2010, 10:12 PM   #22
That Nice Guy Beck!
Captain
 
Drives: 2011 alpine white m3 vert
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NYC/CHICAGO

Posts: 914
iTrader: (0)

n/m

Last edited by That Nice Guy Beck!; 06-03-2010 at 11:02 PM.
That Nice Guy Beck! is offline   Albania
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:56 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST