BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

INDustry distribution

05-26-2010, 10:50 PM   #1
buddster
Private First Class

Drives: BMW E46 M3

Perspective Mode - Fixed Facing North?

I love Perspective Mode, it looks phenomenal, but is driving me crazy. I keep getting turned around since the perspective is constantly changing. Is it possible to have it fixed facing north? Much easier to use that way.
      05-27-2010, 11:41 PM   #2
///M Rakete
Rocket Scientist

Drives: BMW 2010 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddster View Post
I love Perspective Mode, it looks phenomenal, but is driving me crazy. I keep getting turned around since the perspective is constantly changing. Is it possible to have it fixed facing north? Much easier to use that way.
Nope. (I'm assuming you mean Perspective Mode but fixed to face North instead of rotating as you turn. Otherwise of course you can have Fixed North, Fixed Direction of Travel, or Perspective.)
2010 BMW M3 Coupe M-DCT w/Tech-EDC, BMW M Performance Exhaust, BPM: Stage I / Euro MDM / DCT / Steering, Space Gray / Fox Red Extended, and a Trunk Monkey known as "Der Stig", plus the daily driver...
2011 BMW 135i M Sport DCT, w/BMW Performance Power Kit, Exhaust, and Brake Rotors, Space Gray / Coral Red, known as "Stiggie" with an outlaw F20 "M135i" badge.

Last edited by ///M Rakete; 05-28-2010 at 01:28 PM.
///M Rakete is offline   United_States
      05-28-2010, 01:40 AM   #3
808MGuy
Colonel

Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Actually I just changed mine from fixed north to perspective today. I like it much better. When I bring up the nav map there's the icon bar on the left with about 6 buttons. Its one of the buttons near the bottom.

05-31-2010, 09:34 PM   #4
mathematics
Captain

Drives: 08 328i e93 alpine white

how the hell can you have perspective fixed while you're driving? that doesn't make physical sense...

think about it. your screen would at minimum have to be a cylinder and you would have to look at it while walking around it lol.
iPhone 5s (iTunes library/iTunes radio/Waze, etc) to Airport Express via AirPlay to Tru Technology SSLD6i via aux out of Airport Express to Helix A4S Competition. Dynaudio MD102, Esotar 1200, and MW152. Jehnert Door Cards and mid-bass'.
mathematics is offline   United_States