BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Evolve Automotive

05-19-2010, 02:32 PM   #1
silvergray545
Skittles

Drives: E60 545i Sport

Garage List
2005 545i Sport  [0.00]
Obama/Healthcare/Racism/Worthless people

Discuss.

(I will give my opinion at another time.)

Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not f*cking your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend.
silvergray545 is offline   Lebanon
      05-19-2010, 02:59 PM   #2
Alexander
Mad tyte EuR0 style boooi <--- Joke

Drives: E30, E85, MKVI

Re-tard. Apparently she is a comedian... whatever that shit isn't funny and is demeaning to blacks. Good job bitch.
Alexander is offline   United_States
      05-19-2010, 03:03 PM   #3
335e92tx
Major

Drives: 07-335e92 - monaco blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray545 View Post

Discuss.

(I will give my opinion at another time.)
Move to the politics board.
replacement FP #3 installed on 11/18 @43K - probably more sig updates to follow :/
      05-19-2010, 03:06 PM   #4
BTM
Banned

Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Didn't watch but in my experience these are usually just bits
BTM is offline   United_States
      05-19-2010, 03:15 PM   #5
bolinp78
G35 convertee

Drives: 2008 335i (AW)

in b4 this goes to politics.

Just watch, the liberals will all say, in a much less eloquent way, "this is definitely not representative of our choice for president as a whole".

And I will say, 'yea no shit, I think she's a comedian. It may not be representative to that degree, but you're kidding yourself if you believe that there aren't thousands of people out there that thought and are still thinking this way'.

The election of this president, with these values, has fostered this mentality.

Last edited by bolinp78; 05-19-2010 at 03:32 PM.
      05-19-2010, 03:28 PM   #6
JayKay335i
Banned

Drives: ///M323 DCT

Wasn't a big fan of Bush, and he was a cracker. Don't like what Obama is doing. Nothing to do with color.
JayKay335i is offline   Egypt
      05-19-2010, 03:38 PM   #7
335e92tx
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
in b4 this goes to politics.

Just watch, the liberals will all say, in a much less eloquent way, "this is definitely not representative of our choice for president as a whole".

And I will say, 'yea no shit, I think she's a comedian. It may not be representative to that degree, but you're kidding yourself if you believe that there aren't thousands of people out there that thought and are still thinking this way'.

The election of this president, with these values, has fostered this mentality.
And there are probably thousands on in the mega income bracket that think they pay too much in taxes, but they sure reap the rewards of it and arn't crying about that..

Should be plenty to get it into the political board now.
replacement FP #3 installed on 11/18 @43K - probably more sig updates to follow :/
      05-19-2010, 03:44 PM   #8
bolinp78
G35 convertee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335e92tx View Post
And there are probably thousands on in the mega income bracket that think they pay too much in taxes, but they sure reap the rewards of it and arn't crying about that..

Should be plenty to get it into the political board now.
Reap the rewards of what? Paying too much in taxes?

Or reap the rewards of their mega income (which more often than not they have worked their asses off to achieve, often with a little luck somewhere along the way.)?

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.
      05-19-2010, 03:51 PM   #9
335e92tx
Major

Quote:
Reap the rewards of what? Paying too much in taxes?

Or reap the rewards of their mega income (which more often than not they have worked their asses off to achieve, often with a little luck somewhere along the way.)?

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.
Reap the rewards of having large influence (political and otherwise) because of their income. And even still often times don't pay anywhere near the tax that their income would put them in. They might be in a high tax bracket - that does not mean that is what they pay.

The bottom line is the people in the MIDDLE are whats supporting this country tax wise - its not the top and its not the bottom... neither of those is more of a problem than the other.
      05-19-2010, 03:54 PM   #10
JayKay335i
Banned

Drives: ///M323 DCT

Unfortunately, the mega income bracket according to Obama is pretty low these days.
JayKay335i is offline   Egypt
      05-19-2010, 04:03 PM   #11
bolinp78
G35 convertee

Quote:
Reap the rewards of having large influence (political and otherwise) because of their income. And even still often times don't pay anywhere near the tax that their income would put them in. They might be in a high tax bracket - that does not mean that is what they pay.

The bottom line is the people in the MIDDLE are whats supporting this country tax wise - its not the top and its not the bottom... neither of those is more of a problem than the other.
Where have you been in the last year or so? Haven't you seen the deluge of statistics stating how the X percentile of wage earners pays Y percentage all of taxes?

So you begrudge the upper class for being able to hire a good tax man to do their taxes? Sounds like a beef with the tax code and possibly a beef with people that can afford to have a service done that many cannot. If they choose to spend their money to hire a tax accountant to do their taxes in a legal, judicious manner based on the tax code, this would upset you?

By the way, what does this have to do with the 'handout' mentality? For a second there I thought you were arguing for the middle class.
      05-19-2010, 04:08 PM   #12
335e92tx
Major

Quote:
Where have you been in the last year or so? Haven't you seen the deluge of statistics stating how the X percentile of wage earners pays Y percentage all of taxes?

So you begrudge the upper class for being able to hire accountants to evade paying taxes? Sounds like a beef with the tax code to me. If they choose to spend their money to hire a tax accountant to do their taxes in a legal, judicious manner based on the tax code, this would upset you?

By the way, what does this have to do with the 'handout' mentality? For a second there I thought you were arguing for the middle class.
FIFY

Its been going on more than the last year - and didn't start with this admin. Fix the tax code FOR EVERYONE THEN. Those at the top are getting handouts too.. I am arguing for anybody who has to work while others skate. And it happens at the top and is probably more costly.

The reason this nation has the debt it does is NOT bc someone is getting welfare. Its bc medicare and SS costs and recepients are increasing. You could reduce spending on everything else and that would still drive the debt by large margins. Nobody wants to fix that though.. they would rather bitch about someone getting something on their dime.

There are many people that are in lower incomes that don't sit and want someone to hand them money. Some work multiple jobs for 60 hours a week. .. to say they don't work hard is just BS.
      05-19-2010, 04:21 PM   #13
Spartikus
Second Lieutenant

Drives: Twin-Turbos

Quote:
FIFY

Its been going on more than the last year - and didn't start with this admin. Fix the tax code FOR EVERYONE THEN. Those at the top are getting handouts too.. I am arguing for anybody who has to work while others skate. And it happens at the top and is probably more costly.

The reason this nation has the debt it does is NOT bc someone is getting welfare. Its bc medicare and SS costs and recepients are increasing. You could reduce spending on everything else and that would still drive the debt by large margins. Nobody wants to fix that though.. they would rather bitch about someone getting something on their dime.

There are many people that are in lower incomes that don't sit and want someone to hand them money. Some work multiple jobs for 60 hours a week. .. to say they don't work hard is just BS.
+1.
      05-19-2010, 04:31 PM   #14
bolinp78
G35 convertee

Quote:
FIFY

Your generalized characterization of the wealthy evading taxes on a widespread basis is synonymous with my generalized characterization that the poor are all looking for handouts and not working.

i have to go, more later.
      05-19-2010, 04:44 PM   #15
335e92tx
Major

I don't think there is consistency by those in the so called 'middle' with the problem being anyone at the top. Various talk radio mouthpieces have identified their selected miscreants and its rarely ANYBODY associated with big business. They feel this nation would be just fine if those at the top were just left alone. Many of those in the 'middle' listen to these soundbites and believe they have all the 'facts' and require no additional information.

Corporate welfare is just as bad and I believe more expensive.

Just to be clear, I am not of the opinion that everyone at the top is taken advantage of their position. Conversely, that's not how its conveyed by these same mouthpieces. They DO lump all these into the same bracket and tie it up with a nice bow so some people don't have to think for themselves. And I have grown completely tired of it.

/soapbox
      05-19-2010, 09:27 PM   #16
fdsasdasdf
Captain

Drives: 330Ci ZHP 6sp

The preview image alone makes me realize that if I were to click the play button, I'd instantaneously regret that decision.
      05-20-2010, 09:26 AM   #17
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner

Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
The preview image alone makes me realize that if I were to click the play button, I'd instantaneously regret that decision.
Ditto, hence why I just read the sarcasm below
UncleWede is offline   United_States
      05-20-2010, 10:23 AM   #18
Couch
Colonel

Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Couch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
Unfortunately, the mega income bracket according to Obama is pretty low these days.
That's what I've been thinking. Since when is $250K considered rich?

You can live comfortably, very comfortably if you're single. But by no means rich.
      05-20-2010, 06:45 PM   #19
Kroy
Brigadier General

Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Ditto, hence why I just read the sarcasm below
+2
Kroy is offline   United_States
      05-20-2010, 07:14 PM   #20
325isprt

Drives: 06 325i sport pkg

WOW!! I cant tell if this is a joke or not, but I would bet that there are quite a few people with her mentality of, Obama is gonna pay for everything.