BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest
 
European Auto Source
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-01-2010, 12:35 PM   #1
cichlid
Enlisted Member
United_States
1
Rep
44
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 LeMans Blue (on order
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Rivergrove Oregon

iTrader: (0)

Clear Bra Paint sealing Oregon

Hi

Just received my new 2011 m3 Sedan. Wondering about a good shop in the Portland area for Paint sealing, and a quality clear bra installation. The dealer want's over 3K. (includes warranty and interior protection). I thought I'd check here for your thoughts. I'm quite sure the interior protection would be a wasted money.

Fabulous driving experience (as you all know!!)
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2010, 05:17 PM   #2
Montoya
Lieutenant
Montoya's Avatar
15
Rep
573
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Portland

iTrader: (0)

503 Motoring!
__________________

'08 E92 IB, Gone
'10 GT3 now in my garage!
'10 X5 3.5D
'12 E91 Xi Wagon MT sports package
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2010, 07:13 AM   #3
cichlid
Enlisted Member
United_States
1
Rep
44
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 LeMans Blue (on order
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Rivergrove Oregon

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montoya View Post
503 Motoring!
Thanks I'll check them out. Anyone dealt with Tommy's?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2010, 12:36 AM   #4
boynbeagle7
Private First Class
boynbeagle7's Avatar
1
Rep
122
Posts

 
Drives: SG E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oregon

iTrader: (0)

Tommy's has great staff - very friendly and personable
I was a little disappointed by the tint on my dot matrix though - it didn't look good
They did try to fix it but it still looked terrible
I guess this is common with the back window on an E92
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2010, 01:16 AM   #5
Montoya
Lieutenant
Montoya's Avatar
15
Rep
573
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Portland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boynbeagle7 View Post
Tommy's has great staff - very friendly and personable
I was a little disappointed by the tint on my dot matrix though - it didn't look good
They did try to fix it but it still looked terrible
I guess this is common with the back window on an E92
503 Motoring just cut the tint off before the dot matrix to avoid the trouble. Looked funny at first but now I never notice it.
__________________

'08 E92 IB, Gone
'10 GT3 now in my garage!
'10 X5 3.5D
'12 E91 Xi Wagon MT sports package
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2010, 05:11 PM   #6
eshtog
Lieutenant
7
Rep
438
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Portland, Oregon

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cichlid View Post
Hi

Just received my new 2011 m3 Sedan. Wondering about a good shop in the Portland area for Paint sealing, and a quality clear bra installation. The dealer want's over 3K. (includes warranty and interior protection). I thought I'd check here for your thoughts. I'm quite sure the interior protection would be a wasted money.

Fabulous driving experience (as you all know!!)

Lucky! My car is still stuck at VPC.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2010, 08:38 PM   #7
cichlid
Enlisted Member
United_States
1
Rep
44
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 LeMans Blue (on order
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Rivergrove Oregon

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eshtog View Post
Lucky! My car is still stuck at VPC.
Hang in there dude, she'll come.

Are you planing to do a clear bra, or Paint sealing?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2010, 10:48 AM   #8
boynbeagle7
Private First Class
boynbeagle7's Avatar
1
Rep
122
Posts

 
Drives: SG E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oregon

iTrader: (0)

over $3000 is way too much money. Definitely go to 503 or Tommy's. Those paint sealants are not the worth the money either.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2010, 11:17 AM   #9
eshtog
Lieutenant
7
Rep
438
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Portland, Oregon

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cichlid View Post
Hang in there dude, she'll come.

Are you planing to do a clear bra, or Paint sealing?
Im passing on both this time. But, I have had great experiences with 503 for the clear bra and Tommy's for window tinting.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2010, 09:06 PM   #10
cichlid
Enlisted Member
United_States
1
Rep
44
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 LeMans Blue (on order
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Rivergrove Oregon

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boynbeagle7 View Post
over $3000 is way too much money. Definitely go to 503 or Tommy's. Those paint sealants are not the worth the money either.
Thanks, can you elaborate some regarding your thoughts on the non-value of paint sealing?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2010, 09:08 PM   #11
cichlid
Enlisted Member
United_States
1
Rep
44
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 LeMans Blue (on order
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Rivergrove Oregon

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eshtog View Post
Im passing on both this time. But, I have had great experiences with 503 for the clear bra and Tommy's for window tinting.
Thanks, that's helpful. I'll talk to those folks Saturday
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2010, 11:51 PM   #12
boynbeagle7
Private First Class
boynbeagle7's Avatar
1
Rep
122
Posts

 
Drives: SG E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oregon

iTrader: (0)

the paint sealants they apply can be done yourself by hand or with a rotary buffer; the product costs less than $50-100. Paint sealant does not last forever either. It is still required to wax the car regularly.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2010, 09:57 PM   #13
cichlid
Enlisted Member
United_States
1
Rep
44
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 LeMans Blue (on order
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Rivergrove Oregon

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boynbeagle7 View Post
the paint sealants they apply can be done yourself by hand or with a rotary buffer; the product costs less than $50-100. Paint sealant does not last forever either. It is still required to wax the car regularly.
Thanks, I'll need to look int this business some.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 08:05 PM   #14
mwlmd
Major
mwlmd's Avatar
United_States
23
Rep
1,247
Posts

 
Drives: F10 M5
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (0)

I had my tint and clear bra done at Elite window tint. Tad is the owner and I have been very happy with it.

www.EliteWindowTint.net
__________________
F10 M5
Alpine/Sakhir/Anthracite/DCT

HRE P101. Akrapovič evolution. H&R. Bell StiR+ Laser Interceptor quad. IND cosmetics. 3M CR50.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 10:32 PM   #15
cichlid
Enlisted Member
United_States
1
Rep
44
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 LeMans Blue (on order
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Rivergrove Oregon

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlaynemd View Post
I had my tint and clear bra done at Elite window tint. Tad is the owner and I have been very happy with it.

www.EliteWindowTint.net
Thanks, I'll look into that one
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:32 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST