BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-27-2010, 12:00 PM   #1
gjpinoy
Private
United_States
1

 
Drives: 2011 AW M3 E92
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NJ


Posts: 79
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 E92  [4.80]
Production #?

If you purchased your car saturday morning and get your production number monday evening. How long does it take for BMW to process it, so you can start tracking your car's status with the production number?

Sincerely,
NEW and Anxious BMW 2011 M3 owner
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2010, 12:01 PM   #2
FruitCake
Banned
Taiwan
38

 
Drives: '10 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles


Posts: 1,680
iTrader: (19)

About 1.5 weeks for me.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2010, 12:23 PM   #3
gjpinoy
Private
United_States
1

 
Drives: 2011 AW M3 E92
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NJ


Posts: 79
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 E92  [4.80]
LOL! As soon as I posted this, I went back and enter one last time for today and it went through. So yea, now at track your BMW it shows on order.

Next question, how long until it hits the next stage "Scheduled for Production". Can you tell I'm anxious???? hahaha
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2010, 01:19 PM   #4
Pillzilla
Drunk before 11AM
0

 
Pillzilla's Avatar
 
Drives: 07RDX,11E90M3,14X3 35i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chicago Burbs


Posts: 97
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 E90 M3  [4.25]
2014 X3 35i  [0.00]
I wouldn't recommend tracking your car at the BMW web page, it's garbage. It doesn't get updated. My car is currently on a ship and the web page still has it listed as on order. It's more accurate to track progress if you call 800-831-1117 or just harass your dealership. From the day I placed my order to the day it went into production was about 3 weeks. You can get an estimated build week from your dealer. It may save you some sleepless nights.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2010, 03:21 PM   #5
immiketoo
Colonel
67

 
immiketoo's Avatar
 
Drives: Smoothly
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chicago Burbs


Posts: 2,873
iTrader: (0)

I suggest forgetting about it completely. Your frusatration will know no end if you don't, and you'll be pleasantly surprised when it arrives
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2010, 05:15 PM   #6
gjpinoy
Private
United_States
1

 
Drives: 2011 AW M3 E92
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NJ


Posts: 79
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 E92  [4.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by immiketoo View Post
I suggest forgetting about it completely. Your frusatration will know no end if you don't, and you'll be pleasantly surprised when it arrives
Tell me about it. I wanna knock myself out and just wake up when the dealer calls to say pick up your car.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2010, 05:16 PM   #7
gjpinoy
Private
United_States
1

 
Drives: 2011 AW M3 E92
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NJ


Posts: 79
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 E92  [4.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillzilla View Post
I wouldn't recommend tracking your car at the BMW web page, it's garbage. It doesn't get updated. My car is currently on a ship and the web page still has it listed as on order. It's more accurate to track progress if you call 800-831-1117 or just harass your dealership. From the day I placed my order to the day it went into production was about 3 weeks. You can get an estimated build week from your dealer. It may save you some sleepless nights.
That number is now on my speed dial at home and on my cell. lol
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2010, 07:28 PM   #8
M3sicko
Captain
United_States
10

 
M3sicko's Avatar
 
Drives: 10' E92 M3 6MT to 13' E92 DCT
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NY


Posts: 988
iTrader: (55)

i recall it takes about a week to see some progress! My whole delivery took exactly 6 weeks. Just track everyday, GL
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2010, 08:59 PM   #9
gjpinoy
Private
United_States
1

 
Drives: 2011 AW M3 E92
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NJ


Posts: 79
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 E92  [4.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3sicko View Post
i recall it takes about a week to see some progress! My whole delivery took exactly 6 weeks. Just track everyday, GL
WOW! only 6 weeks you got really lucky. I hope I'm just as lucky.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2010, 09:13 PM   #10
SuitedPair
Private First Class
United_States
5

 
SuitedPair's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa, FL


Posts: 149
iTrader: (1)

ordered mine April 15th. Got confirmation last week for PCD June 11th and the website still says on order and the 800 number says no production date yet. It's hard to not call every 10 hours or so until you get sick of hearing the same thing...I just check every other day now.
__________________
E92 M3 2011 Jet Black/Black/Carbon
Mods: painted reflectors | broken valve spring E90 (sold)
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2010, 09:37 PM   #11
pmeloche
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
17

 
pmeloche's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal, Canada


Posts: 1,612
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjpinoy View Post
WOW! only 6 weeks you got really lucky. I hope I'm just as lucky.
6 to 7 weeks is normal. I ordered mine late April 2009 and got it mid-June 2009.
__________________

Patrice
2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i Vermillion Red
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 11:20 AM   #12
gjpinoy
Private
United_States
1

 
Drives: 2011 AW M3 E92
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NJ


Posts: 79
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 E92  [4.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitedPair View Post
ordered mine April 15th. Got confirmation last week for PCD June 11th and the website still says on order and the 800 number says no production date yet. It's hard to not call every 10 hours or so until you get sick of hearing the same thing...I just check every other day now.
how did you get confirmation is the website and 800 number didnt update? just bugging you dealer or your dealer actually called you to let you know?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:26 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST