BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
PYSPEED
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-19-2010, 09:42 AM   #23
euro
Grand Am Timing Official
United_States
2
Rep
127
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3, E36 M3/4/5, E53 X5
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Winchester, VA

iTrader: (0)

I have the full race exhaust: HFC option AND the non-HFC pipes. The non-cat pipes are still wrapped in bubble wrap...

Its not coated and has about 350 miles on it, never in the snow/salt, NO CODES. It was installed, cleaned with brake clean and pipes wiped down with WD-40 before it was started.

(Never touched the cans or tips with it, just wiped those with brake clean. WD-40 is an old racer trick for making SS turn a beautiful gold as it gets old and eliminated fingerprints from burning into the finish.)

I'd entertain the idea of selling it all for $3800 + actual shipping cost, I could use the money for some other shit.

/Greg
__________________
08 E92 M3 AW with everything except DCT and sunroof
Full race Gintani with HFC's
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2010, 10:29 AM   #24
Eddie_125i
BbbMmmWww
Eddie_125i's Avatar
Sweden
15
Rep
691
Posts

 
Drives: Bmw 335i E92 N55
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Malmö

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro View Post
I have the full race exhaust: HFC option AND the non-HFC pipes. The non-cat pipes are still wrapped in bubble wrap...

Its not coated and has about 350 miles on it, never in the snow/salt, NO CODES. It was installed, cleaned with brake clean and pipes wiped down with WD-40 before it was started.

(Never touched the cans or tips with it, just wiped those with brake clean. WD-40 is an old racer trick for making SS turn a beautiful gold as it gets old and eliminated fingerprints from burning into the finish.)

I'd entertain the idea of selling it all for $3800 + actual shipping cost, I could use the money for some other shit.

/Greg
Pics ? Did you go for HFC or non HFC on your car ? What are you selling x-pipe catless + Muffler race ?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2010, 10:37 AM   #25
euro
Grand Am Timing Official
United_States
2
Rep
127
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3, E36 M3/4/5, E53 X5
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Winchester, VA

iTrader: (0)

I bought the full race system. That included the X-Pipe, the non-cat pipes and the 2 race mufflers.

In addition to that I also bought the HFC pipes. I wanted to be able to switch back and forth in the future, perhaps when a good CEL eliminator option became available or when my warranty ran out and I didnt mind getting a flash.

I installed the HFC pipes, the non-HFC pipes are still wrapped in bubble wrap, never installed. Fit and finish is second to none. Absolutely no CEL and its been anything from 10 degrees to 55 degrees, driving 2 hours on highway and city, rocking on it and driving like a grandma.

I'll drop the whole thing off my car and sell it all for 3800. The ultimate in flexibility - with HFC and without

I dont mind putting it on my lift this evening and snapping some pics.
__________________
08 E92 M3 AW with everything except DCT and sunroof
Full race Gintani with HFC's

Last edited by euro; 01-20-2010 at 10:46 AM. Reason: added info about getting pictures
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2010, 10:47 AM   #26
Eddie_125i
BbbMmmWww
Eddie_125i's Avatar
Sweden
15
Rep
691
Posts

 
Drives: Bmw 335i E92 N55
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Malmö

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro View Post
I bought the full race system. That included the X-Pipe, the non-cat pipes and the 2 race mufflers.

In addition to that I also bought the HFC pipes. I wanted to be able to switch back and forth in the future, perhaps when a good CEL eliminator option became available or when my warranty ran out and I didnt mind getting a flash.

I installed the HFC pipes, the non-HFC pipes are still wrapped in bubble wrap, never installed. Fit and finish is second to none. Absolutely no CEL and its been anything from 10 degrees to 55 degrees, driving 2 hours on highway and city, rocking on it and driving like a grandma.

I'll drop the whole thing off my car and sell it all for 3800. The ultimate in flexibility - with HFC and without

I dont mind putting it on my lift this evening and snapping some pics.
aah okej ! Could you send some pics ?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2010, 05:42 AM   #27
boother
Private First Class
boother's Avatar
6
Rep
187
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 jerez black m3 coupe
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: huntington beach

iTrader: (0)

what would be louder just the race muffler... or.... the full sport system with Gintani HFC x-pipe?

I ordered the sport with the HFC xpipe. Just trying to get an idea of where my car will stand on the sound totum pole.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2010, 08:38 AM   #28
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Eugene-TAIWAN's Avatar
Taiwan
79
Rep
3,113
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Taiwan

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boother View Post
what would be louder just the race muffler... or.... the full sport system with Gintani HFC x-pipe?

I ordered the sport with the HFC xpipe. Just trying to get an idea of where my car will stand on the sound totum pole.
I would say the it would be about the same!
__________________

Past: Gintani stage3 M3
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6, 991C4S, i3 in September
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:52 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST