BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Cosmetic Parts (External and Internal) & Lighting

ESS Tuning

03-02-2010, 06:02 PM   #1
GTM_Challenge
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: E92 M3,X5M,F30 335

Send a message via AIM to GTM_Challenge
CHALLENGE - E92 Carbon GT Trunk - NEW RELEASE!

CHALLENGE - E92 Carbon GT Trunk - NEW RELEASE!

The E92 trunk was actually the first item i wanted to make from day one when i sat down and sketched some ideas out for the BMW cars. I wanted a trunk for our demo car that would preserve the stock rear body lines, yet kick it up a notch. I wanted people to wonder if the trunk came from the factory like that or not. The fitment also had to back up that OEM look. Our other goal besides the styling enhancement was the weight savings that were possible. With using 100% Carbon, and additional Kevlar composites in the race model, we were able to shave off over 21 lbs from the waist line of the 3 Series. I'm very excited to finally get the product to you all, and in the proper fashion and craftmanship that many have come to expect from us.
Every Challenge part is designed in house, here in the USA. Much of the design, modeling and initial prototypes are done by myself. This ensures the best quality from step 1. All finish modeling, molds, and final products were also produced in the USA. We are fortunate to work with some of the best manufacturing partners in the country, if not the world. The particular facility we use to produce most of our aero parts also produces many parts and components for Indy Car, Champ Car, and Speed World Challenge proffesional race teams. We are glad we can bring sort of technology and craftmanship to the consumer market at a realistic price for most owners wanting the a great looking part with HUGE weight savings

GT Carbon Fiber Race Trunk - All Coupes

Designed, engineered, and manufactured in the USA, our GT carbon sports trunk is the perfect addition to your 3 series BMW. Each trunk is constructed by hand from 100% carbon fiber materials inside and out. Additionally carbon Kevlar is added in key areas for strength and rigidity while maintaining maximum weight savings. From the factory, all 3 series models come with a heavy steel trunk. Mass amounts of weight savings from the rear most part of the car can be achieved by swapping to a lightweight version. Not only will you see a difference in handling, acceleration, and chassis response, but a stunning appearance as well. The intergraded spoiler on the trunks edge blends seamlessly with the factory body lines to create a true OEM look with perfect fitment. The trunks spoiler edge will offer additional aerodynamic down force to the rear of the car with minimal drag created.

Specs:
Factory trunk weight: 29.5 lbs
Challenge - GT Carbon Race Trunk: 8.8 lbs
- OVER 21lbs weight savings!

MSRP: $2395.00 USD

GT Carbon Fiber Sports Trunk - All Coupes

Designed, engineered, and manufactured in the USA, our GT carbon sports trunk is the perfect addition to your 3 series BMW. Each trunk is constructed by hand from carbon fiber materials on the outside skin. Additional carbon fiber is added on the interior fiberglass structure in key areas for strength and rigidity, and finished with a black gel coat. From the factory, all 3 series models come with a heavy steel trunk. Mass amounts of weight savings from the rear most part of the car can be achieved by swapping to a lightweight version. Not only will you see a difference in handling, acceleration, and chassis response, but a stunning appearance as well. The intergraded spoiler on the trunks edge blends seamlessly with the factory body lines to create a true OEM look with perfect fitment. The trunks spoiler edge will offer additional aerodynamic down force to the rear of the car with minimal drag created.

Specs:
Challenge - GT Carbon Race Trunk: 14.0 lbs (estimated)

MSRP: $1895.00 USD

ORDERING
Orders can be place with any of our authorized dealers or you can also contact us via PM here, or by email at: sales@challenge-usa.com All questions are of course welcomed.

Painted and installed:

GTM_Challenge is offline   United_States
      03-02-2010, 06:11 PM   #2
Mr.Metak2you
Brigadier General

Drives: LEXUS LS(DailyDriver)
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hw‚r'

Garage List
If I had a coupe I would have this bootlid!
      03-02-2010, 06:17 PM   #3
GTM_Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Metak View Post
If I had a coupe I would have this bootlid!
Lucky for you, we have a sedan version as well!

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=350698

03-02-2010, 10:00 PM   #4
MShao825
Go Terps!

Drives: 2009 SSII/FR E92 M3

Just curious, what's the difference between the race and sport trunks? I'm assuming the race is double sided CF and sport is single sided CF? I didn't see it specified besides the weight and price differences, but thought this information would be valuable for potential customers
      03-02-2010, 11:50 PM   #5
GTM_Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshao825 View Post
Just curious, what's the difference between the race and sport trunks? I'm assuming the race is double sided CF and sport is single sided CF? I didn't see it specified besides the weight and price differences, but thought this information would be valuable for potential customers

I've highlighted the main differences from the first post and put them below. The Race and Sport trunk are the same design/style. The difference is in the construction and material make up. This makes a difference in the strength and the weight savings of each.
- The Race trunk uses 100% carbon inside and outside, and ALL layers inbetween. we use a 3k carbon outter, 2 layers of 6k, a core material, and a layer of carbon kevlar on the outter layer, the inner is 2 layers carbon, with additional layers as needed for strength in a few areas. Most other companies trunks just use 1 layer outter, 1 layer inner of CF, and all the rest is fiberglass weve found.
- The sport trunk uses Carbon and fiberglass construction. 1 layer carbon outter is used, with fiberglass backing in 2 layers. The frame is made of fiberglass as well as carbon reinforcement in high stress areas of the frame. This allows it to still save much weight, be strong, and come in at a slighty lower price.

GT Carbon Fiber Race Trunk - All Coupes

Designed, engineered, and manufactured in the USA, our GT carbon sports trunk is the perfect addition to your 3 series BMW. Each trunk is constructed by hand from 100% carbon fiber materials inside and out. Additionally carbon Kevlar is added in key areas for strength and rigidity while maintaining maximum weight savings. From the factory, all 3 series models come with a heavy steel trunk. Mass amounts of weight savings from the rear most part of the car can be achieved by swapping to a lightweight version. Not only will you see a difference in handling, acceleration, and chassis response, but a stunning appearance as well. The intergraded spoiler on the trunks edge blends seamlessly with the factory body lines to create a true OEM look with perfect fitment. The trunks spoiler edge will offer additional aerodynamic down force to the rear of the car with minimal drag created.

Specs:
Challenge - GT Carbon Race Trunk: 8.8 lbs
- OVER 21lbs weight savings!

GT Carbon Fiber Sports Trunk - All Coupes

Designed, engineered, and manufactured in the USA, our GT carbon sports trunk is the perfect addition to your 3 series BMW. Each trunk is constructed by hand from carbon fiber materials on the outside skin. Additional carbon fiber is added on the interior fiberglass structure in key areas for strength and rigidity, and finished with a black gel coat. From the factory, all 3 series models come with a heavy steel trunk. Mass amounts of weight savings from the rear most part of the car can be achieved by swapping to a lightweight version. Not only will you see a difference in handling, acceleration, and chassis response, but a stunning appearance as well. The intergraded spoiler on the trunks edge blends seamlessly with the factory body lines to create a true OEM look with perfect fitment. The trunks spoiler edge will offer additional aerodynamic down force to the rear of the car with minimal drag created.

Specs:
Challenge - GT Carbon Race Trunk: 14.0 lbs (estimated)

Last edited by GTM_Challenge; 03-02-2010 at 11:58 PM.
      03-11-2010, 02:11 AM   #6
M3 996
Private First Class

Drives: 2008 E92

Looks great!
      03-13-2010, 05:47 PM   #7
moog55
Major

Drives: E92 M3

i like it! thinking about the sport version for myself.
E92 M3 | Space Gray | Black Novillo |M-DCT | Mods: 20" BBS LM Champion Edition |H&R springs | BMW glossy black grilles | matte black side vents | hardwire V1 | CF roundels | smoked reflectors | BMW aluminum pedals | OSS led angel eyes | 6000k lows | Eisenmann Race exhaust + connecting pipes| Eclipse Diffuser | BMW ZCP CF Splitters & CF Rear Spoiler | IND Custom CF & Space Grey mirrors | ModMyNav front cam, rear cam, iPod video player | Powerchip Stage 2 tune | BMW v2 electronic steering wheel |
moog55 is offline   United_States
      03-19-2010, 05:48 PM   #8
GTM_Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by moog55 View Post
i like it! thinking about the sport version for myself.
I'll try and shoot some pics of one of those soon, We had more orders for Race ones recently, so we have been making only those for past weeks.
      03-19-2010, 07:38 PM   #9
Sikness
Banned

Drives: M3

21 pounds is incredible, how does that compare to ericsson?
      03-21-2010, 07:30 PM   #10
GTM_Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikness View Post
21 pounds is incredible, how does that compare to ericsson?

Ericsson -Fiberglass Trunk = 15 lbs ( 14.5 lbs savings ) $2,500.00

Ericsson -Dry Carbon Trunk = 7 lbs ( 22.5 lbs savings ) $6,900.00

As you can see, from a weight standpoint and value our Challenge trunk fits the bill well for the weight savings
      03-29-2010, 11:04 AM   #11
GTM_Challenge

Here is a link to one of our customers install and pre-paint photos:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=365319

customer photos:

04-14-2010, 05:53 PM   #12
GTM_Challenge

We'll have some offical weights on the Sports version ( FRP & CF construction ) tomorrow!