BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing
 
Strasse Wheels
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-13-2010, 01:29 PM   #67
Razzy
Lieutenant
 
Razzy's Avatar
 
Drives: N/A
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 423
iTrader: (0)

I too am working on a montage (no hardcore) but lately have been busy with other things. Hopefuly I can get it up soon.
Razzy is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2010, 02:07 PM   #68
Sylon
Brigadier General
 
Sylon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Michigan / Ohio

Posts: 3,411
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 135i  [4.60]
All that stuff was recorded in a few hours of playing. I then spent the next day sorting thru it all, and then the following day editing. I had a lot I wanted to put in but didnt want to add another song to it.


I need to go back to sniping, only because I miss having my KDR at 1.50+. I do love getting that headshot on a guy really far away who is on a full speed sprint, lol. I haven't played in about a week, been too busy with work and trying to get this 1er.


BTW, my s/n is Sylon08 on the PS3. Feel free to add if you guys like.
Sylon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2010, 02:38 PM   #69
Strongbark
Brigadier General
 
Strongbark's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M4 on order
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Earth

Posts: 3,653
iTrader: (1)

Ugh...I'm only ranked 2. Please tell me the weapons and attachments gets better?!
__________________
Strongbark

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic32890_2.gif
'13 Mini GP #485 of 500 For Sale
Strongbark is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2010, 03:18 PM   #70
Sylon
Brigadier General
 
Sylon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Michigan / Ohio

Posts: 3,411
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 135i  [4.60]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuned1 View Post
Ugh...I'm only ranked 2. Please tell me the weapons and attachments gets better?!

I have heard mixed responses about the red dot sight, a lot of my friends were not impressed with it. I, however, LOVE it.


Rank has nothing to do with unlocking weapon attachments, or weapons for that matter. Yes, ranking up will unlock a few general weapons, but in order to unlock specific weapons in each class (ie: Recon, Assault, Medic, Engineer) you have to build up points using those specific classes. I unlocked all the possible unlocks in the Recon class very quickly, but I am still working on the other 3 classes and Im a Lv18. Just takes time, but once I finally unlocked the RDS for my other classes, my kill count shot up (no pun intended, lol).
Sylon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2010, 04:28 PM   #71
Scorpion
Major
 
Drives: Nothing
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nowhere

Posts: 1,215
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylon View Post
I have heard mixed responses about the red dot sight, a lot of my friends were not impressed with it. I, however, LOVE it.


Rank has nothing to do with unlocking weapon attachments, or weapons for that matter. Yes, ranking up will unlock a few general weapons, but in order to unlock specific weapons in each class (ie: Recon, Assault, Medic, Engineer) you have to build up points using those specific classes. I unlocked all the possible unlocks in the Recon class very quickly, but I am still working on the other 3 classes and Im a Lv18. Just takes time, but once I finally unlocked the RDS for my other classes, my kill count shot up (no pun intended, lol).
I enjoy the red dot as well, I used to use the 4x scope on the an-94 and never tried the red dot on it. So I decided to switch it up a bit and did a lot better with it, gun felt more stable and you feel less recoil. Now I never go back to the 4x scope lol.

Tuned1 what class you prefer to play the most? We could help you out to figure what the best setup is.
Scorpion is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2010, 09:48 PM   #72
Strongbark
Brigadier General
 
Strongbark's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M4 on order
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Earth

Posts: 3,653
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post

Tuned1 what class you prefer to play the most? We could help you out to figure what the best setup is.
I like engineer for accuracy but I use assault most. Sniper is great for a couple of those maps as well. I guess you could say I bounce between the three.

Here's another question, what's with the limited amount of maps? Again, I'm only ranked level 2 and I'm already tired of these few levels. Are there more coming out to download?
__________________
Strongbark

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic32890_2.gif
'13 Mini GP #485 of 500 For Sale
Strongbark is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2010, 11:20 PM   #73
Scorpion
Major
 
Drives: Nothing
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nowhere

Posts: 1,215
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuned1 View Post
I like engineer for accuracy but I use assault most. Sniper is great for a couple of those maps as well. I guess you could say I bounce between the three.

Here's another question, what's with the limited amount of maps? Again, I'm only ranked level 2 and I'm already tired of these few levels. Are there more coming out to download?
For assualt I prefer the an-94 which is a 2-burst shot. If you want a full auto I would go with the M416. The gernade launcher is pretty effective at taking out walls and people behind it. You have to be more precise with it if you want to take someone out in an open area, since it doesn't have a big explosion area. The shot gun attachment is really effective in close quarters. With the smoke lanucher you can take people out if you hit them driectly other then that it's good cover. Also prefer the red dot over the iron sights and 4x scope, just use what you find more comfortable though.

For the engineer I would go with the AKS-74U KRINKOV and the M136 rocket launcher since you can it's laser guided, don't know if you can do that with the Gustav.

For sniper the GOL is probably the best choice. Personally sniping in hardcore would be the best since you can take everyone out in one hit. You really don't even need to use the magnum ammo, I use the body armor and can sometimes withstand one hit from other snipers depending on what weapon their using as long as it's not a head shot.

For pistol I go with the Rex, followed by the WWII M1911 .45. The M93R BURST seems pretty interesting since it's a 20 round mag with a 3 bullet burst. Your probably don't have many of these unlocked yet but it shouldn't take you long at all. Also if you ever play medic go for the m60, one of the most over powered weapons in the game lol.

They did add a few maps about a week and a half ago, their not really new but the added a conquest for Arica harbor and a rush for the jungle map, don't know what it's called. The maps don't seem to get boring as long as your cycling through them. Can't believe I wrote so much, then again had nothing better to do this late haha. I'm sure other people could add some more insight.
Scorpion is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      04-14-2010, 12:53 PM   #74
josephr25
Major
 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Irvine, CA

Posts: 1,458
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
The red dot IMO is good for medium range battles, in case you want to be sure about your shot. I just hate the fact that in this game, just because your sight is over an enemy, doesn't mean your bullet travels in that direction. That's probably the only thing I miss about MW2.

I don't use the GL that much. I'd rather use the smoke grenade to get some cover, especially on rush maps.

I don't use the guided missile either. It is convenient at times, but I'd rather tag a vehicle w/ the tracer dart. Then I just hide behind cover and my RPGs become javelins. This is because you can lock into vehicles even if you are facing a wall - just fire upwards once you're locked in.
josephr25 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-14-2010, 02:28 PM   #75
Alpine Whiteboy
Jerry's Fault...
 
Alpine Whiteboy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 535xi M-Sport SGM
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Queens, N.Y.

Posts: 9,259
iTrader: (1)

Battlefield is fun to play...

But here's a real fact: I will OWN all of u in MW2...
Alpine Whiteboy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-14-2010, 05:32 PM   #76
Scorpion
Major
 
Drives: Nothing
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nowhere

Posts: 1,215
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampfer View Post
The red dot IMO is good for medium range battles, in case you want to be sure about your shot. I just hate the fact that in this game, just because your sight is over an enemy, doesn't mean your bullet travels in that direction. That's probably the only thing I miss about MW2.

I don't use the GL that much. I'd rather use the smoke grenade to get some cover, especially on rush maps.

I don't use the guided missile either. It is convenient at times, but I'd rather tag a vehicle w/ the tracer dart. Then I just hide behind cover and my RPGs become javelins. This is because you can lock into vehicles even if you are facing a wall - just fire upwards once you're locked in.
Yeah, I know what you mean. Especially when their running you have to time the distance of where you shot and where they will be running. What bugs me the most is when you get someone down to like 7% 5% or even 1% health and they kill you. Had this one dude at 0% and he was still alive :/.

The smoke launcher especially helps when your arming the mcom. Gives more than enough smoke for cover.

I don't really play engineer that much, mostly just assault. I did use the tracers just to get the badge for 100 plants lol. Luckily you get good points for planting them and more if someone destroys them.
Scorpion is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      04-14-2010, 05:39 PM   #77
Sylon
Brigadier General
 
Sylon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Michigan / Ohio

Posts: 3,411
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 135i  [4.60]
What really drives me crazy is when you and the guy you are shooting at kill each other.

Oh, and the inability to look around the squadmate that you are about to spawn on, just for you to spawn and get shot in the back by an enemy that was stalking him.
Sylon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-14-2010, 06:26 PM   #78
Scorpion
Major
 
Drives: Nothing
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nowhere

Posts: 1,215
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylon View Post
What really drives me crazy is when you and the guy you are shooting at kill each other.

Oh, and the inability to look around the squadmate that you are about to spawn on, just for you to spawn and get shot in the back by an enemy that was stalking him.
I hate when that happens, I don't know if this happens on console but they say only happens to some people on PC. You guys get points even after you die? Because I don't get any and it sucks lol. Spawn kills are just as bad as well :/.
Scorpion is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2010, 12:50 PM   #79
Weaselboy
Major
 
Weaselboy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i F30 Sedan
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SoCal USA

Posts: 1,100
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
I hate when that happens, I don't know if this happens on console but they say only happens to some people on PC. You guys get points even after you die? Because I don't get any and it sucks lol. Spawn kills are just as bad as well :/.
On PS3 you do not get points if you die.
Weaselboy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2010, 10:39 PM   #80
josephr25
Major
 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Irvine, CA

Posts: 1,458
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylon View Post
What really drives me crazy is when you and the guy you are shooting at kill each other.

Oh, and the inability to look around the squadmate that you are about to spawn on, just for you to spawn and get shot in the back by an enemy that was stalking him.
The hit detection in this game is horrible. It may be due to lag, but I hate holding the trigger nearly point-blank and having my opponent cap me w/ a 1911.
josephr25 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-18-2010, 05:52 PM   #81
ben14142001
Captain
 
Drives: 08 135
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Chicago

Posts: 670
iTrader: (1)

Just picked up the game a couple days back. It's interesting. Lots of fun. Takes a while to get used to from MW2. Definitely some things I would change too.
ben14142001 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-18-2010, 10:26 PM   #82
Scorpion
Major
 
Drives: Nothing
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nowhere

Posts: 1,215
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaselboy View Post
On PS3 you do not get points if you die.
Ah, a bunch of people are complaining about it so hopefully they fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampfer View Post
The hit detection in this game is horrible. It may be due to lag, but I hate holding the trigger nearly point-blank and having my opponent cap me w/ a 1911.
Even some of the enviromental stuff is larger then it looks, like when you are trying to shoot over a rock. Even though someone is clearly visible it will still hit the invisible part of the rock, once time I called a mortar stirke through a bush and it landed right on tip of me :/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben14142001 View Post
Just picked up the game a couple days back. It's interesting. Lots of fun. Takes a while to get used to from MW2. Definitely some things I would change too.
You'll have way more fun with this than mw2 lol.
Scorpion is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      09-22-2010, 09:07 AM   #83
BRAISKI
Colonel
 
BRAISKI's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 335xi e92 M-Pak
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: GTA/KW, Canada

Posts: 2,378
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [3.50]
So are ppl still playing this on PC?
BRAISKI is offline   Spain
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2010, 07:30 PM   #84
bluespeed117
Lieutenant Colonel
 
bluespeed117's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 328i
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: so-cal

Posts: 1,529
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 e90 328i  [0.00]
pc is the way to go
__________________
Muffler Delete/ Tien S-tech Springs / De-badged /BBS LM Reps 19"/ Nexen tires/DTM M5 Front bumper/ Injen Intake/Blacklines/M-tech Rear/Custom Muffler Tips.... More mods to come
bluespeed117 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-05-2010, 08:00 AM   #85
ragingclue
One cam is enough
 
ragingclue's Avatar
 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

Posts: 6,774
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAISKI View Post
So are ppl still playing this on PC?
I got fed up with the bugs and server crashes months ago. That, and my clan disintegrated... It was a good game though. Hopefully they delay their next release until it's actually past beta stage.
ragingclue is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST