BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Strasse Wheels

11-18-2009, 08:02 AM   #23
Adilak
Rep

Drives: E92 M3

hello
i'm in the same situation of you all. we want to have a greatest sound for our car, with compromise according to our family. i' have my little rabbit 12 . and i don't want to make her scary from my car.
so eisenmann "sport" seems to me the good chose. is'it?
question :
Is it real that it's making noise of vibration at cruising regime 2000Tph to 3000 tph.
      11-18-2009, 02:50 PM   #24
Suprane
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 09 M3 E90

I like it a lot. Its DEFINITELY quite a kick up from stock. My wife says she hears my car coming before I get to the driveway (when she's in the house!). For me, it was the perfect choice. I like louder exhausts, but factoring in kids, lots of city stop and go driving, neighbors etc.. the E. sport was the right choice.
I don't know if the exhaust gets less loud after break in but I'm hoping it stays the way it is now.
There is "drone" between 1000-2000 maybe slightly more, but its really negligible. Its very quick and disappears above 2200 rpms. In fact, I love the tones better when shifting low (1st to 2nd and to 3rd). There's a meet coming up in here in Dallas where I want to hear the Race version in person and some other exhaust to compare but so far I am really pleased. (Not too loud but definitely my presence on the street is firmly DECLARED compared to before with stock). Love it.
      11-18-2009, 09:58 PM   #25
WKBRDR
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 2008 M3

I've had both Sport & Race... I originally had Race, then switched to Sport (the Race had a manufacturing defect and I asked for the Sport instead, last minute decision). I had the Sport for a couple weeks and missed the Race and ended up going back to the Race.. The Sport sounded like a muffled version of the Race.. and there was just something about the sound of the Race that I really missed... Around town driving, local freeway ins't really that bad in the Race and I love the uprev sound on the downshift in S4 DCT... It's the 500 mile trips at 80mph in 7th gear (DCT) where it gets slightly anoying But if it gets annoying you keep it above 90mph or in 6th, it's no problem. If I started with the Sport to begin with, I probably would have kept it. Having the Race the 1st time, got me hooked

-20% Tint/GP Thunder 8500k Bulbs/BMW Performance Pedals/AFE Air Filter/Eisenmann Race
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2009, 01:18 PM   #26
mrtm2008
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 08 E90 M3 Sedan

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprane View Post
My wife says she hears my car coming before I get to the driveway (when she's in the house!)
Sorry I did forget to mention this...This is another thing I love about the Sport, is that from inside the car with the windows up, you hear the exhaust but it isn't as loud as when you hear the exhaust outside of the car! The first time I started my car, my wife told me when I came inside our apartment that she knew I finished the install because she heard the exhaust much more than the stock, plus I was reving it a little too, lol!
08 E90 M3, JrzB/BB, 360 Forged 8 Mesh, H&R Springs, RPI Scoops, Eisenmann Sport Exh, VRS Lip, CF Decklid, CF Diffuser, OSS LED AE, Rear Headrest V1, '09 iDrive Controller, Euro Rear Fog, OEM BlackLine TL, MRTM Design E90 Pedals & Door Lock Studs
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 12:57 PM   #27
chaos888
Private
Rep

Drives: M3

Thermo Tec Heat Shields

What size are the heat shields?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilia@IND View Post
The connecting pipes come with a cloth thermal protection, but after some long talks here at IND, along with some conversations with people who race the E92 M3 in Koni Challenge, we decided that additional thermal protection was necessary. We chose to purchase these ThermoTec heat shields, and install them on every set of connecting pipes we sell. I'd strongly recommend doing this on any aftermarket exhaust for the E9x M3!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 10:49 PM   #28
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep

Drives: BMW 2009 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKBRDR View Post
I've had both Sport & Race... I originally had Race, then switched to Sport (the Race had a manufacturing defect and I asked for the Sport instead, last minute decision). I had the Sport for a couple weeks and missed the Race and ended up going back to the Race.. The Sport sounded like a muffled version of the Race.. and there was just something about the sound of the Race that I really missed... Around town driving, local freeway ins't really that bad in the Race and I love the uprev sound on the downshift in S4 DCT... It's the 500 mile trips at 80mph in 7th gear (DCT) where it gets slightly anoying But if it gets annoying you keep it above 90mph or in 6th, it's no problem. If I started with the Sport to begin with, I probably would have kept it. Having the Race the 1st time, got me hooked
just curious...what was the manufacture defect that you had on ur Race?
2009 Jet Black E92 M3, DCT, Nav, Novillo Leather, PDC, EDC, BBS CHR's 20", Yokohama Advan Sports Tires, Eiback Pro-Kit Springs, Dinan Pullies and Dinan Stage1 software, black grills, black side gills, alcantara shift and ebrake boot.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 11:01 PM   #29
Cab5er
Colonel
China
Rep

Drives: 09 E90 M3 & 07 TL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilia@IND View Post
The connecting pipes come with a cloth thermal protection, but after some long talks here at IND, along with some conversations with people who race the E92 M3 in Koni Challenge, we decided that additional thermal protection was necessary. We chose to purchase these ThermoTec heat shields, and install them on every set of connecting pipes we sell. I'd strongly recommend doing this on any aftermarket exhaust for the E9x M3!
Where can I order this shield? Thanks

E90 ///M3/ AW/ Fox Red
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 01:41 AM   #30
Finnegan
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: Sapphire Black/Black Z4Mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cab5er View Post
Where can I order this shield? Thanks
There are two options.

Option 1

Option 2
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 01:54 AM   #31
doba_s
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: M3, 1M

Send a message via Skype™ to doba_s
I've got Option 2.

Will be installing it tomorrow ! The quality seams to be very good !
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 02:09 AM   #32
Cab5er
Colonel
China
Rep

Drives: 09 E90 M3 & 07 TL

Quote:
Originally Posted by doba_s View Post
I've got Option 2.

Will be installing it tomorrow ! The quality seams to be very good !
what size did u get? What size should I get for the dinan muffler?

E90 ///M3/ AW/ Fox Red
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 03:44 AM   #33
10M3MAN
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2006 Nissan Altima SER

Send a message via Skype™ to 10M3MAN
Very nice, great looking setup
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2010, 10:38 PM   #34
Finnegan
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: Sapphire Black/Black Z4Mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cab5er View Post
what size did u get? What size should I get for the dinan muffler?
You want to cover the same area as the stock system to protect the CV joints. If memory serves that's about 6 inches. As to the diameter--measure it.
Appreciate 0