BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest
 
GT Haus
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-09-2010, 10:23 AM   #3653
Blake
Banned
 
Drives: Chevy Aveo
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parent's Basement

Posts: 4,651
iTrader: (7)

yea i never even mentioned the corvette stigma. you don't wanna be this guy, he drives a corvette:
Blake is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2010, 10:55 AM   #3654
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: .

Posts: 4,643
iTrader: (0)

Anyone know of any track events that are taking place anytime soon?

I'm aching to let my M3 loose.
Nawaaz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2010, 10:57 AM   #3655
Blake
Banned
 
Drives: Chevy Aveo
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parent's Basement

Posts: 4,651
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawaaz View Post
Anyone know of any track events that are taking place anytime soon?

I'm aching to let my M3 loose.
motorsportreg.com

i recommend this: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=350816
Blake is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2010, 11:09 AM   #3656
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: .

Posts: 4,643
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
motorsportreg.com

i recommend this: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=350816
Looks like I missed the opportunity, since the registration closed on April 7th.

No worries, it's my fault for waiting last minute, and plus I probably wouldn't have been ready by tomorrow.

I'll look out for other events.

Thanks, Blake.
Nawaaz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2010, 11:13 AM   #3657
Blake
Banned
 
Drives: Chevy Aveo
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parent's Basement

Posts: 4,651
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawaaz View Post
Looks like I missed the opportunity, since the registration closed on April 7th.

No worries, it's my fault for waiting last minute, and plus I probably wouldn't have been ready by tomorrow.

I'll look out for other events.

Thanks, Blake.
send bruce (gobuffs) a PM and ask if he still has any openings. he's a good guy and if he does, i bet he'll help you get in.
Blake is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2010, 11:15 AM   #3658
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: .

Posts: 4,643
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
send bruce (gobuffs) a PM and ask if he still has any openings. he's a good guy and if he does, i bet he'll help you get in.
Cool, I'll send him a PM now.
Nawaaz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2010, 11:20 AM   #3659
thatarchitect
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 08 E92 M3 6MT & 2008 Yamaha R6
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dallas, Texas

Posts: 264
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Dev...it's faster than an m3, but it's a piece of shit that falls apart. You can tell the cheapness right away. I wouldn't buy one simply for that reason.
+1000

After I sold my E46 M3 I went and looked at Z06s and the E92 M3s. When you get IN a Z06 you will instantly realize why they suck. My grandparents suburban has a nicer interior. In fact, almost every car made has a nicer interior. Everything is cheap plastic. I dare you to find a corvette over 6 months old that the leather isnt completely ruined on. They don't hold up at all.

All that said... If I wanted purely a track car I would buy it. But no way I would DD one of those pieces of $hit.

And as mentioned before you would look like you were going thru a midlife crisis unless it was at the track...

just my .02
__________________
thatarchitect is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2010, 11:33 AM   #3660
spicoli024
Lieutenant
 
spicoli024's Avatar
 
Drives: '06 ZCP M3
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 405
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawaaz View Post
Anyone know of any track events that are taking place anytime soon?

I'm aching to let my M3 loose.
This was in a recent newsletter I received from Harris Hill Road. It is a fun, technical course in San Marcos. Not sure if you are willing to make the drive, but it's worth it.

Saturday, May 1st - Chrono-X Time Trials, Round 2
After a fantastic inaugural event on April 3rd, we're ready for Round 2 of the Chrono-X series here at H2R.
The Time Trial will be run counter clockwise this time.
Member rate is $90. Non-members pay $150 for early registration ($175 for later registrations).
See if you've got what it takes to come out and set the fastest lap time in one of dozens of categories. For more information please visit the Chrono-X Website at
http://www.chrono-x.com
To register, visit Motorsportreg.com
__________________
///M3
spicoli024 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2010, 11:58 AM   #3661
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: .

Posts: 4,643
iTrader: (0)

^ Thanks for that info, and you're correct, that may be too far for me.

The furthest I can manage to go is Cresson, TX.
Nawaaz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2010, 12:13 PM   #3662
ghosthi32
Banned
 
Drives: Water camel
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: strait of hormuz

Posts: 2,516
iTrader: (0)

go on dfwac nawaaz
ghosthi32 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2010, 01:38 PM   #3663
calintexas
Major
 
calintexas's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Texas

Posts: 1,416
iTrader: (1)

Nawaaz, I Sent Bruce an Email

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawaaz View Post
Cool, I'll send him a PM now.
The BMWCCA Chapter forum has a "send email" feature. I just sent Bruce an email telling him you wanted in & had sent him a PM here. They had openings the last that I heard. Hopefully he'll see the email and get back to you.
Cal

I'll PM you Mark Williams phone number. If you can get a hold of him, he can get you in touch with whoever you need to.
__________________
calintexas is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2010, 01:45 PM   #3664
calintexas
Major
 
calintexas's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Texas

Posts: 1,416
iTrader: (1)

Nawaaz, I Found Bruce's Number

Just PM'd both Mark's and Bruce's numbers to you. Hope it works out.
__________________
calintexas is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2010, 03:10 PM   #3665
Blake
Banned
 
Drives: Chevy Aveo
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parent's Basement

Posts: 4,651
iTrader: (7)

well the gt-r is headed back to dallas next week for summer camp. more details to come
Blake is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2010, 03:15 PM   #3666
DevJ
Colonel
 
DevJ's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 Cayman S/IS350/RRS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tulsa, OK

Posts: 2,702
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Dev...it's faster than an m3, but it's a piece of shit that falls apart. You can tell the cheapness right away. I wouldn't buy one simply for that reason.
I just drove the car. MY GOD was it fast. It had a corsa exhaust, pulley, long tube headers, and a tune. JESUS CHRIST is all I can say in terms of speed/acceleration.

BUT, Blake, you're right again Shittiest interior ever. It was my Dad's friend Z06 and he's an OBGYN, he's very gentle with the car but you could see the interior was already wearing. Only a year old! Beautiful car, but you guys are right. Chevy POS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicoli024 View Post
Dev, I started with a 1998 SVT Cobra and chose the American sports car route again after that. I assure you after one year (sometimes less) there will be so many creaks, rattles and parts popping off you will go insane. The raw power is fun, in a straight line, but I would be willing to bet you would seriously regret leaving an M3 to get into a Z06 in the long run. Plus, most girls think Corvette drivers are cheese dicks, unless of course you live in Oklahoma or the Texas sticks.
You are right also! Rattled a lot. Very annoying..it might have had something to do with the loud exhaust though (look at the post above mine)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
yea i never even mentioned the corvette stigma. you don't wanna be this guy, he drives a corvette:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatarchitect View Post
+1000

After I sold my E46 M3 I went and looked at Z06s and the E92 M3s. When you get IN a Z06 you will instantly realize why they suck. My grandparents suburban has a nicer interior. In fact, almost every car made has a nicer interior. Everything is cheap plastic. I dare you to find a corvette over 6 months old that the leather isnt completely ruined on. They don't hold up at all.

All that said... If I wanted purely a track car I would buy it. But no way I would DD one of those pieces of $hit.

And as mentioned before you would look like you were going thru a midlife crisis unless it was at the track...

just my .02
I concur with your .02 cents Check the above posts..It was insane, but only if you wanted a car to beat the shit out of. I was going to trade my IS350 in if I were to get a z06, but decided against it..I love my Lexus

On a positive note, I ordered Active Autowerke's X-Pipe with HFCs about ten minutes ago. Very excited to get them on
__________________
E92 M3. SOLD
New: '14 Cayman S PDK
Incoming: GT-R Black Edition
DevJ is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2010, 03:20 PM   #3667
Blake
Banned
 
Drives: Chevy Aveo
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parent's Basement

Posts: 4,651
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevJ View Post
On a positive note, I ordered Active Autowerke's X-Pipe with HFCs about ten minutes ago. Very excited to get them on
and the mod bug goes on.

about the car situation, you should sell the lex and buy an SUV or something. it's good to have a hauler and a fast car. that's what i'll be doing once i move the m3.
Blake is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2010, 03:29 PM   #3668
ghosthi32
Banned
 
Drives: Water camel
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: strait of hormuz

Posts: 2,516
iTrader: (0)

i bet you bought that using the 50% off facebook discount lol
ghosthi32 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2010, 03:36 PM   #3669
DevJ
Colonel
 
DevJ's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 Cayman S/IS350/RRS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tulsa, OK

Posts: 2,702
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
and the mod bug goes on.

about the car situation, you should sell the lex and buy an SUV or something. it's good to have a hauler and a fast car. that's what i'll be doing once i move the m3.
I've driven my dads x5 4.8 for a few weeks, I love it but it hogs too
much gas plus he's trading it on (x5 M ) the only other SUVs I'd want are out of my price range lol. What suv are you getting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthi32 View Post
i bet you bought that using the 50% off facebook discount lol
I wish lol I didn't get half of that..it's understandable though. 50% off applied to their software I think
__________________
E92 M3. SOLD
New: '14 Cayman S PDK
Incoming: GT-R Black Edition
DevJ is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2010, 03:45 PM   #3670
ghosthi32
Banned
 
Drives: Water camel
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: strait of hormuz

Posts: 2,516
iTrader: (0)

niceeeeeeee
ghosthi32 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2010, 03:52 PM   #3671
Suprane
Second Lieutenant
 
Suprane's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 M3 E90
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Big D

Posts: 280
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevJ View Post
I ordered Active Autowerke's X-Pipe with HFCs about ten minutes ago. Very excited to get them on
Congrats..I know youve been waiting for a while,...good to hear.
__________________
09 E90 M3 DCT SSII Carbon Blk, Eisenmann Sport, RAC 19"RG63 on 255/275 UltracS, Dark Sidemkrs/Reflectrs/Grills, BMC Filter, LUX H8 V3 LEDs, V1 H/W, Ultimate Pedals & 30% Tint
Suprane is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2010, 03:57 PM   #3672
ghosthi32
Banned
 
Drives: Water camel
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: strait of hormuz

Posts: 2,516
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
well the gt-r is headed back to dallas next week for summer camp. more details to come
no sale on your m3 yet?
ghosthi32 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2010, 04:47 PM   #3673
DevJ
Colonel
 
DevJ's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 Cayman S/IS350/RRS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tulsa, OK

Posts: 2,702
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthi32 View Post
niceeeeeeee
Fo sho dude lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprane View Post
Congrats..I know youve been waiting for a while,...good to hear.
I have been wanting them forever! Finally pulled the trigger lol. Hopefully they'll be installed by the next week and you'll stay for lunch
__________________
E92 M3. SOLD
New: '14 Cayman S PDK
Incoming: GT-R Black Edition
DevJ is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2010, 04:49 PM   #3674
ghosthi32
Banned
 
Drives: Water camel
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: strait of hormuz

Posts: 2,516
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevJ View Post
Fo sho dude lol


I have been wanting them forever! Finally pulled the trigger lol. Hopefully they'll be installed by the next week and you'll stay for lunch
where you getting them installed?
ghosthi32 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST