BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-01-2010, 03:49 PM   #1
m3phild
New Member
m3phild's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
22
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Space Gray
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (0)

Fabspeed Performance Exhaust!!!!!!

Just had the guys at Fabspeed install there high flow cats, x pipe, and new race exhaust! Sound is amazing! No check engine lights, no resonating on the hiway. Amazing throttle response. You need this!!!!

Appreciate 0
      04-01-2010, 03:53 PM   #2
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
MMMorish's Avatar
Canada
58
Rep
2,836
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (5)

I didn't even know that Fabspeed had released an exhaust other than their cats and xpipe.

Subscribed.
__________________
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2010, 03:54 PM   #3
m3phild
New Member
m3phild's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
22
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Space Gray
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (0)

this is the prototype. I am told it will be released late spring.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2010, 07:17 PM   #4
MrHarris
yodog
MrHarris's Avatar
United_States
77
Rep
5,037
Posts

 
Drives: '86 Corolla
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Diamond Bar, Ca

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2009 BMW  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to MrHarris
Sounds DEEP!
__________________

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2010, 08:46 PM   #5
Mavrick151
My M treats me right
United_States
3
Rep
297
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: CA

iTrader: (1)

sounds sexy...
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2010, 09:18 PM   #6
MShao825
Go Terps!
MShao825's Avatar
20
Rep
1,377
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 SSII/FR E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Jersey City, NJ Gaithersburg, MD

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by autowallart View Post
this is the prototype. I am told it will be released late spring.
I wasn't aware of their exhaust either. Must be cool to have their prototype. The tips do look a little too tucked in, but it sounds awesome
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2010, 09:22 PM   #7
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
MMMorish's Avatar
Canada
58
Rep
2,836
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (5)

Not crazy about the sound.
__________________
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2010, 12:13 AM   #8
Mike Benvo
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Mike Benvo's Avatar
United_States
98
Rep
4,812
Posts


 
Drives: Harrop SC M3 / E46 M3 / 7Turbo
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [5.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Benvo
I think it sounds amazing. I'll definitely be interested in the finished product. I have the HFC's and X-pipe behind me in a box waiting to get installed

Check engine light might come on in the next 1,000 miles due to the HFC's though. They don't appear right away due to the way the system is monitored.
__________________

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2010, 12:16 AM   #9
xxe92xx
Banned
18
Rep
783
Posts

 
Drives: 08 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Milwaukee, WI

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Powerchip View Post
I think it sounds amazing. I'll definitely be interested in the finished product. I have the HFC's and X-pipe behind me in a box waiting to get installed

Check engine light might come on in the next 1,000 miles due to the HFC's though. They don't appear right away due to the way the system is monitored.
you got the whip all fixed mike
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2010, 12:31 AM   #10
Mike Benvo
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Mike Benvo's Avatar
United_States
98
Rep
4,812
Posts


 
Drives: Harrop SC M3 / E46 M3 / 7Turbo
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [5.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Benvo
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxe92xx View Post
you got the whip all fixed mike
It's almost done, I pick it up tomorrow - here is a pic I took of it today


I'm so excited!! And I've had the fabspeed Xpipe and HFC's sitting on my floor for the past two weeks.
Attached Images
 
__________________

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2010, 04:00 AM   #11
Maseroche
Major
Maseroche's Avatar
Bahrain
15
Rep
1,402
Posts

 
Drives: '08 BMW M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bahrain

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Sounds great!
__________________
Khalid
'08 BMW M3


Appreciate 0
      04-02-2010, 04:53 AM   #12
Bob MG
Moderating
Bob MG's Avatar
United Arab Emirates
73
Rep
1,908
Posts

 
Drives: like a muppet
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Dubai

iTrader: (0)

sounds aggressive. Too loud for me though

How is drone with the muffler? I had the X Pipe with my Remus but Remus drones like hell so it was hard to judge the Fabsepped
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2010, 05:57 AM   #13
LV-E92M3
Lieutenant
LV-E92M3's Avatar
Afghanistan
6
Rep
505
Posts

 
Drives: Donkey
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: كابول‎

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob MG View Post
sounds aggressive. Too loud for me though

How is drone with the muffler? I had the X Pipe with my Remus but Remus drones like hell so it was hard to judge the Fabsepped
I used to have the fabspeed x pipe + hfc + OEM exhaust and there was no drone at all. It's not loud maybe 15-20% louder than OEM cat back system.
Cheek out the Bastuck clubsport. It doesn't drone at all with the fabspeed pack.

Bastuck review by ESS@Roman

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...hlight=BASTUCK
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2010, 06:08 AM   #14
J08M3
Major General
J08M3's Avatar
United_States
102
Rep
6,012
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NEW YORK

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Powerchip View Post
Check engine light might come on in the next 1,000 miles due to the HFC's though. They don't appear right away due to the way the system is monitored.
Eventually it probably will.... Mine has twice so far. The first time I cleared it because I wanted to just make sure the light was from the HFC's. The second time it cleared itself after a couple hundred miles or so and hasn't come back since. I guess these cats are right on the threshold, so it may turn on once in awhile. But after a number of drive cycles (I guess that's what it needs) it will probably go back off again.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2010, 07:04 AM   #15
PCGuRu2K
Private First Class
United_States
2
Rep
100
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 JB E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY

iTrader: (6)

Send a message via AIM to PCGuRu2K
I see from your profile your located in new york too? Any issues with the inspection here yet? I was thinking of getting the xpipe with the hfc's too but worried about the CEL. I have the AA exhaust on the car now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
Eventually it probably will.... Mine has twice so far. The first time I cleared it because I wanted to just make sure the light was from the HFC's. The second time it cleared itself after a couple hundred miles or so and hasn't come back since. I guess these cats are right on the threshold, so it may turn on once in awhile. But after a number of drive cycles (I guess that's what it needs) it will probably go back off again.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2010, 08:46 AM   #16
J08M3
Major General
J08M3's Avatar
United_States
102
Rep
6,012
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NEW YORK

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCGuRu2K View Post
I see from your profile your located in new york too? Any issues with the inspection here yet? I was thinking of getting the xpipe with the hfc's too but worried about the CEL. I have the AA exhaust on the car now...
My inspection is due this month... I'll let you know. Should be fine as long as there is no CEL
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2010, 11:18 AM   #17
tinpot
Captain
United_States
12
Rep
679
Posts

 
Drives: 05 E46 M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston, Texas

iTrader: (3)

Mike - did you get a new M3? Looks like a jet black E92.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Powerchip View Post
It's almost done, I pick it up tomorrow - here is a pic I took of it today
I'm so excited!! And I've had the fabspeed Xpipe and HFC's sitting on my floor for the past two weeks.
__________________
FOR SALE: Vorsteiner Trunk | Arkym CF Hood (PM me) | Tinted Taillights (PM me) | AutoPower Rollbar (PM Me)
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2010, 02:02 PM   #18
aus
Major General
118
Rep
7,418
Posts

 
Drives: Odysse
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seal Beach, CA

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV-E92M3 View Post
I used to have the fabspeed x pipe + hfc + OEM exhaust and there was no drone at all. It's not loud maybe 15-20% louder than OEM cat back system.
Cheek out the Bastuck clubsport. It doesn't drone at all with the fabspeed pack.

Bastuck review by ESS@Roman

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...hlight=BASTUCK
I don't think that's the Clubsport. The one in the link looks like their normal muffler. The Clubsport is their track muffler.
__________________
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2010, 08:15 PM   #19
LV-E92M3
Lieutenant
LV-E92M3's Avatar
Afghanistan
6
Rep
505
Posts

 
Drives: Donkey
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: كابول‎

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
I don't think that's the Clubsport. The one in the link looks like their normal muffler. The Clubsport is their track muffler.
http://www.wstoshop.com/servlet/the-...-E92-M3/Detail
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2010, 08:56 PM   #20
SleepyE90
Lieutenant
SleepyE90's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
508
Posts

 
Drives: Bavarian
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: GhettoBird Metrolpolis

iTrader: (1)



sounds great!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2010, 02:28 PM   #21
1sikbmr
Brigadier General
1sikbmr's Avatar
46
Rep
3,283
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York

iTrader: (14)

Hey just wondering how people take off the check engine light? I wanted to do something like this to get that sound but do not want the car not to pass the NY inspection. Also if you don't mind me askin what does it cost to do this exact set up on an E90 M3. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2010, 02:36 PM   #22
aus
Major General
118
Rep
7,418
Posts

 
Drives: Odysse
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seal Beach, CA

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV-E92M3 View Post
My bad. Thanks.
__________________
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:26 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST