BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
BPM Sport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-01-2010, 03:49 PM   #1
m3phild
New Member
 
m3phild's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Space Gray
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Long Island, NY

Posts: 22
iTrader: (0)

Fabspeed Performance Exhaust!!!!!!

Just had the guys at Fabspeed install there high flow cats, x pipe, and new race exhaust! Sound is amazing! No check engine lights, no resonating on the hiway. Amazing throttle response. You need this!!!!

m3phild is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-01-2010, 03:53 PM   #2
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
 
MMMorish's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 2,836
iTrader: (5)

I didn't even know that Fabspeed had released an exhaust other than their cats and xpipe.

Subscribed.
__________________
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
MMMorish is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-01-2010, 03:54 PM   #3
m3phild
New Member
 
m3phild's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Space Gray
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Long Island, NY

Posts: 22
iTrader: (0)

this is the prototype. I am told it will be released late spring.
m3phild is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-01-2010, 07:17 PM   #4
MrHarris
yodog
 
MrHarris's Avatar
 
Drives: '86 Corolla
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Diamond Bar, Ca

Posts: 5,027
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2009 BMW  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to MrHarris
Sounds DEEP!
__________________

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
MrHarris is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-01-2010, 08:46 PM   #5
Mavrick151
My M treats me right
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: CA

Posts: 297
iTrader: (1)

sounds sexy...
Mavrick151 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-01-2010, 09:18 PM   #6
MShao825
Go Terps!
 
MShao825's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 SSII/FR E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Jersey City, NJ Gaithersburg, MD

Posts: 1,376
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by autowallart View Post
this is the prototype. I am told it will be released late spring.
I wasn't aware of their exhaust either. Must be cool to have their prototype. The tips do look a little too tucked in, but it sounds awesome
__________________
MShao825 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-01-2010, 09:22 PM   #7
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
 
MMMorish's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 2,836
iTrader: (5)

Not crazy about the sound.
__________________
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
MMMorish is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-02-2010, 12:13 AM   #8
Mike Benvo
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Mike Benvo's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E90 M3 / 400whp Turbo 7
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SoCal

Posts: 4,288
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [5.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [5.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Benvo
I think it sounds amazing. I'll definitely be interested in the finished product. I have the HFC's and X-pipe behind me in a box waiting to get installed

Check engine light might come on in the next 1,000 miles due to the HFC's though. They don't appear right away due to the way the system is monitored.
__________________

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Mike Benvo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-02-2010, 12:16 AM   #9
xxe92xx
Banned
 
Drives: 08 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Posts: 783
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Powerchip View Post
I think it sounds amazing. I'll definitely be interested in the finished product. I have the HFC's and X-pipe behind me in a box waiting to get installed

Check engine light might come on in the next 1,000 miles due to the HFC's though. They don't appear right away due to the way the system is monitored.
you got the whip all fixed mike
xxe92xx is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-02-2010, 12:31 AM   #10
Mike Benvo
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Mike Benvo's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E90 M3 / 400whp Turbo 7
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SoCal

Posts: 4,288
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [5.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [5.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Benvo
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxe92xx View Post
you got the whip all fixed mike
It's almost done, I pick it up tomorrow - here is a pic I took of it today


I'm so excited!! And I've had the fabspeed Xpipe and HFC's sitting on my floor for the past two weeks.
Attached Images
 
__________________

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Mike Benvo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-02-2010, 04:00 AM   #11
Maseroche
Major
 
Maseroche's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 BMW M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bahrain

Posts: 1,402
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Sounds great!
__________________
Khalid
'08 BMW M3


Maseroche is offline   Bahrain
0
Reply With Quote
      04-02-2010, 04:53 AM   #12
Bob MG
Moderating
 
Bob MG's Avatar
 
Drives: like a muppet
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Vienna

Posts: 1,764
iTrader: (0)

sounds aggressive. Too loud for me though

How is drone with the muffler? I had the X Pipe with my Remus but Remus drones like hell so it was hard to judge the Fabsepped
Bob MG is offline   Greenland
0
Reply With Quote
      04-02-2010, 05:57 AM   #13
LV-E92M3
Lieutenant
 
LV-E92M3's Avatar
 
Drives: Donkey
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: كابول‎

Posts: 505
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob MG View Post
sounds aggressive. Too loud for me though

How is drone with the muffler? I had the X Pipe with my Remus but Remus drones like hell so it was hard to judge the Fabsepped
I used to have the fabspeed x pipe + hfc + OEM exhaust and there was no drone at all. It's not loud maybe 15-20% louder than OEM cat back system.
Cheek out the Bastuck clubsport. It doesn't drone at all with the fabspeed pack.

Bastuck review by ESS@Roman

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...hlight=BASTUCK
LV-E92M3 is offline   Afghanistan
0
Reply With Quote
      04-02-2010, 06:08 AM   #14
J08M3
Major General
 
J08M3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NEW YORK

Posts: 6,012
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Powerchip View Post
Check engine light might come on in the next 1,000 miles due to the HFC's though. They don't appear right away due to the way the system is monitored.
Eventually it probably will.... Mine has twice so far. The first time I cleared it because I wanted to just make sure the light was from the HFC's. The second time it cleared itself after a couple hundred miles or so and hasn't come back since. I guess these cats are right on the threshold, so it may turn on once in awhile. But after a number of drive cycles (I guess that's what it needs) it will probably go back off again.
__________________
J08M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-02-2010, 07:04 AM   #15
PCGuRu2K
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2010 JB E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY

Posts: 100
iTrader: (6)

Send a message via AIM to PCGuRu2K
I see from your profile your located in new york too? Any issues with the inspection here yet? I was thinking of getting the xpipe with the hfc's too but worried about the CEL. I have the AA exhaust on the car now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
Eventually it probably will.... Mine has twice so far. The first time I cleared it because I wanted to just make sure the light was from the HFC's. The second time it cleared itself after a couple hundred miles or so and hasn't come back since. I guess these cats are right on the threshold, so it may turn on once in awhile. But after a number of drive cycles (I guess that's what it needs) it will probably go back off again.
PCGuRu2K is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-02-2010, 08:46 AM   #16
J08M3
Major General
 
J08M3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NEW YORK

Posts: 6,012
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCGuRu2K View Post
I see from your profile your located in new york too? Any issues with the inspection here yet? I was thinking of getting the xpipe with the hfc's too but worried about the CEL. I have the AA exhaust on the car now...
My inspection is due this month... I'll let you know. Should be fine as long as there is no CEL
__________________
J08M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-02-2010, 11:18 AM   #17
tinpot
Captain
 
Drives: 05 E46 M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston, Texas

Posts: 679
iTrader: (3)

Mike - did you get a new M3? Looks like a jet black E92.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Powerchip View Post
It's almost done, I pick it up tomorrow - here is a pic I took of it today
I'm so excited!! And I've had the fabspeed Xpipe and HFC's sitting on my floor for the past two weeks.
__________________
FOR SALE: Vorsteiner Trunk | Arkym CF Hood (PM me) | Tinted Taillights (PM me) | AutoPower Rollbar (PM Me)
tinpot is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-02-2010, 02:02 PM   #18
aus
Major General
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seal Beach, CA

Posts: 6,946
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV-E92M3 View Post
I used to have the fabspeed x pipe + hfc + OEM exhaust and there was no drone at all. It's not loud maybe 15-20% louder than OEM cat back system.
Cheek out the Bastuck clubsport. It doesn't drone at all with the fabspeed pack.

Bastuck review by ESS@Roman

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...hlight=BASTUCK
I don't think that's the Clubsport. The one in the link looks like their normal muffler. The Clubsport is their track muffler.
__________________
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
aus is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-02-2010, 08:15 PM   #19
LV-E92M3
Lieutenant
 
LV-E92M3's Avatar
 
Drives: Donkey
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: كابول‎

Posts: 505
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
I don't think that's the Clubsport. The one in the link looks like their normal muffler. The Clubsport is their track muffler.
http://www.wstoshop.com/servlet/the-...-E92-M3/Detail
LV-E92M3 is offline   Afghanistan
0
Reply With Quote
      04-02-2010, 08:56 PM   #20
SleepyE90
Lieutenant
 
SleepyE90's Avatar
 
Drives: Bavarian
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: GhettoBird Metrolpolis

Posts: 508
iTrader: (1)



sounds great!
__________________
SleepyE90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2010, 02:28 PM   #21
1sikbmr
Brigadier General
 
1sikbmr's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York

Posts: 3,153
iTrader: (13)

Hey just wondering how people take off the check engine light? I wanted to do something like this to get that sound but do not want the car not to pass the NY inspection. Also if you don't mind me askin what does it cost to do this exact set up on an E90 M3. Thanks
1sikbmr is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2010, 02:36 PM   #22
aus
Major General
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seal Beach, CA

Posts: 6,946
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV-E92M3 View Post
My bad. Thanks.
__________________
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
aus is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST