BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

E92-lighting

03-30-2010, 10:15 PM   #1
drivendriver
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2010 E83 X3

Audi Club driving school at VIR, April 19-20

http://www.pcc-acna.org/index.php?op...emid=77&did=20

50+ spots still available. I am registered.
      03-31-2010, 07:34 AM   #2
von_zoom
Captain

Drives: 2010 Z06

I have tried to run with them before, but I do not belong to the Audi club and will not pay to join. They do not honor BMWCCA, but instesd, require membership to the Audi Club. There are many events that run at VIR which do not require membership. No doubt Audi has 50 plus spots not sold.
vz

Previous Track Toy
      03-31-2010, 09:28 AM   #3
drivendriver
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2010 E83 X3

I just paid the $375 registration fee. I indicated on the registration form for the driving school, and then again on the registration form for the tech inspection, that I am not a member of the Audi Club. So far they haven't asked me to join the Audi Club. And I know at least one other person on the list who is not a member.

Maybe because that event is during the week (Mon-Tues) they just want to fill up.

I've heard good things about PCC Audi Club events form veterans of PCA events. They're more expensive than PCA events, but in line with BMW CCA prices. And since I'm becoming addicted to VIR, I'm going to give them a try .
      03-31-2010, 01:14 PM   #4
von_zoom
Captain

Drives: 2010 Z06

I hope this is a change and if so, it will be for the good. I agree with giving club members first choice at registering, i.e. require non members a delay to register, but requiring membership is a bit much.

Agree, VIR is one of the best. I run there at least once a month, sometimes more.
vz

Previous Track Toy
      03-31-2010, 06:04 PM   #5
adc
Brigadier General

Drives: 2009 E90 M3 ED

I can't make it to VIR, going to Summit Point on April 21.

But I would ask for a favor - if you can check out if there is a guy with an "S2 conversion" - talking about a 1990-ish Audi Coupe with the S2 engine conversion. He should be easy to spot, his car is painted battleship grey, sports big fat wheels and his plate reads something like "S2 missile".

I'm only asking because I'm curious how that car runs, if he ever tracks it.

2009 E90 M3 ED
2014 X1 28i ED
      03-31-2010, 06:28 PM   #6
VictorH
Captain

Drives: '09 M3

I did the audi club VIR event last fall with my car. I did join, though I thought at the time, I might be in the market for an Audi. They run a nice event and the instructors are good. Seems to me the BMW, Porsche and Audi clubs are perhaps a "cut above" some of the other clubs.

Not to disrespect the others but I think there is a bit more emphasis on safety and less tolerance for hot dog drivers who take too many chances. Plus if you get to hear a couple of V10 R8's that's almost worth the price of admission.