BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Lux Angel Eyes

03-25-2010, 10:38 AM   #23
solefald
Nigerian Prince

Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT View Post
God is in control.
This is the scariest part about these people.
No wonder that only 6% of scientists belong to the Party of NO.

I guess most scientists (read: educated people) just have no idea what they are talking about, and nothing but a liberal tree-huggers ought to destroy America.
Let's see what spin we are going to get on this story.. After all anyone who disagrees with Republican tripe is anti-American, right?

http://people-press.org/report/?pageid=1549
Attached Images

03-25-2010, 03:20 PM   #24
Major

Drives: E90 325i; 1974 2002tii

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpirate87 View Post
I will never try to defend the policy of the prescription drug benefit but for you to compare the level of legislative maneuverings then to what just happened is like comparing a bruised knee to a heart attack. Try, just try for some perspective here.
A "bruised knee" that involves protection money, a baseball bat and a local gang. Just to keep it in perspective
      03-25-2010, 04:27 PM   #25
bolinp78
G35 convertee

Drives: 2008 335i (AW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
This is the scariest part about these people.
No wonder that only 6% of scientists belong to the Party of NO.

I guess most scientists (read: educated people) just have no idea what they are talking about, and nothing but a liberal tree-huggers ought to destroy America.
Let's see what spin we are going to get on this story.. After all anyone who disagrees with Republican tripe is anti-American, right?

http://people-press.org/report/?pageid=1549
A scientist may be well educated, but that does not mean that they have a strong political aptitude or know what is best for this country from an economical perspective. They are generally very good at what they do, but oftentimes outside of their field they are very narrow-minded. The Republican party is widely regarded as being "anti-science" as well. If you think that they majority of scientists identify themselve as liberal because of their views on issues such as health care reform, then you are misinformed, to put it bluntly. I'd take a gander that an issue such as global warming has much more to do with it.

So in my opinion, your comparison is very poor. One of the last people that I would listen to or trust when talking about macroeconomics or health reform is a scientist. I work with different scientists of sorts every day, and they are generally very narrow minded people (albeit very smart) that have very little sense outside of their world. Again, this is from my experience, and I've also drawn from what I've seen outside of my workplace.

Based on your statement, what does the majority of Hollywood being liberal say about the Democratic party?
      03-25-2010, 04:43 PM   #26
solefald
Nigerian Prince

Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
A scientist may be well educated, but that does not mean that they have a strong political aptitude or know what is best for this country from an economical perspective. They are generally very good at what they do, but oftentimes outside of their field they are very narrow-minded. The Republican party is widely regarded as being "anti-science" as well. If you think that they majority of scientists identify themselve as liberal because of their views on issues such as health care reform, then you are misinformed, to put it bluntly. I'd take a gander that an issue such as global warming has much more to do with it.

So in my opinion, your comparison is very poor. One of the last people that I would listen to or trust when talking about macroeconomics or health reform is a scientist. I work with different scientists of sorts every day, and they are generally very narrow minded people (albeit very smart) that have very little sense outside of their world. Again, this is from my experience, and I've also drawn from what I've seen outside of my workplace.

Based on your statement, what does the majority of Hollywood being liberal say about the Democratic party?
My post was in response to the "God is in control" phrase, as majority of the Republicans (at least the ones I know) are "god fearing", therefore I brought up the issue of Republican scientists numbers being in single digits.

I guess I went off-topic.
      03-25-2010, 07:01 PM   #27
scollins
Bootleggin' 'n Gunrunnin'

Drives: 2010 e70 X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
My post was in response to the "God is in control" phrase, as majority of the Republicans (at least the ones I know) are "god fearing", therefore I brought up the issue of Republican scientists numbers being in single digits.

I guess I went off-topic.

Now you know someone who generally votes Republican, has a degree in Physics, doesn't believe in God, believes in a woman's right to choose, and doesn't really give a shit about Gay marriage*. ME!

*I don't understand being gay, as I'm about as straight laced hetero as they come. I just prefer not to see it. But, I think gay people are crazy to want to get married. Talk about the perfect out: "Sorry babe/stud, we can't get married, it's against the law. Let's just hang out and have sex." But hey, misery loves company, so let 'em!

Which brings up another small point of irritation - companies covering "domestic partners" for health insurance. I don't care that they do it (their company, go for it), but generally it is limited to same-sex domestic partners. I call bullshit on that. If you offer it to same-sex domestic partners, then it must be offered to opposite-sex domestic partners too.

Ok, is now over.
ZAP | ZCW | ZPP | ZPS | ZRC | ZTP | 322 | 328 | 330 | 386 | 4AZ | 4UB | 655 | 6FL | 6NF
2008 Ducati 1098S Red naturally....
scollins is offline   No_Country
      03-25-2010, 07:04 PM   #28
Zell
Captain

Drives: 330Ci ZHP 6sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBimmerDude View Post
It's actually quite funny. Does the Republican party think this makes them look good? They're acting like petchulant children that didnt get what they wanted.
I wouldn't say that about the party as a whole, but the extremist end of the republican spectrum quite literally is acting in such a way.

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmem...f_dem_reps.php
Quote:
at least five instances of vandalism -- mainly in the form of smashed doors and windows -- at Democratic offices around the country in the days around the House health care vote Sunday night.
They really are brilliant people, those extremists.