BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Evolve Automotive

03-24-2010, 12:59 PM   #23
GTM_Challenge
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: E92 M3,X5M,F30 335

Send a message via AIM to GTM_Challenge
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASGM3 View Post
i was talking to the gthaus people lately and was thinking of changing my order from a meisterschaft gt2 to the kreissieg .. but surprisingly they recommended me to stick to the meisterschaft gt2 and not shift to the kreisseg as they said that it makes more sense on lalmbos and ferrari's and for the M the gt2 is the best option from what all they offer.
I think they may have stopped importing Kreissieg recently possibly?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 01:04 PM   #24
AMOCHOSTO
Major
Canada
Rep

Drives: IB BB E90 M3

This would be great! Wake up at 6:00 am and go past the homes of all the guys who have super-loud Harley Davidsons, pop the valves open and see how they like it!

Sign me up!

Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 01:08 PM   #25
GTM_Challenge
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMorish View Post
What's sad about it? They're offering a comparable product at a cheaper price.

Why did you make a similar x-pipe to Fabspeed's or AA's or Gintani's? So that you can get your piece of the aftermarket pie like everyone else.

Why did JL Motoring and other vendors make replica Vorsteiner diffusers and lips? Or CarbonKreations make replica Ericsson trunks and front bumpers? So that they too can offer a comparable product at a cheaper price and get their piece of the aftermarket pie like everyone else.

I don't mean to crap on your thread, I'm sure the Kriessieg exhaust is amazing and I'm glad you are a vendor for them, but if there is a comparable product out ther at a cheaper price, why not let the members and consumers alike know about it and let them choose if they want the more expensive or cheaper versions of essentially the same thing.
We engineered and designed our X pipe and all other items from scratch. We didnt copy or follow anyone elses design. Our challenge x pipe was the first to connect right after the cats i think and have the resonators etc how it is. We follow this formula for all our parts that we make. Ive made many of the prototypes and parts by hand, MYSELF in metal, clay, FRP, whatever the media may be.

There is a difference when you are designing / engineering something of your own to get a "piece of the pie" versus making a straight up replica of somones product like many have done with VRS and now Ericsson products. It takes almost no investment on production, tooling, prototypes, or marketing. The originators already did all that work, and absorbed that cost and it is built into the price of their product. Its simple design and manufacturing economics that anyone in any sort of design field knows well.

So to me, its sad to see another companies hard work ripped off and copied if what you say is true. If you were in my shoes, you may feel the same way, but as a consumer, i can see it being attactive at a lesser price, even if its a replica, or of lesser quality etc.

Lets try to keep this on track though. You are welcome to make a thread on that GTC seperate of course. This thread is more for people interested in KSG parts

Thanks much
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 01:11 PM   #26
GTM_Challenge
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMOCHOSTO View Post
This would be great! Wake up at 6:00 am and go past the homes of all the guys who have super-loud Harley Davidsons, pop the valves open and see how they like it!

Sign me up!
LOL! Exactly! I hate how cars here get hastled for a loud exhaust, yet Harley's can be as loud as possbible and its ok. I dont get that.

I like this system so i can come home late at night from a nice drive, and not piss of my neighbors. I'm sure my parents neighbors wish this was around when i was a kid.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 01:17 PM   #27
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep

Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

You're right. I apologize, now let's get back to the Kreissieg exhaust.
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 05:03 PM   #28
AMOCHOSTO
Major
Canada
Rep

Drives: IB BB E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTM_Challenge View Post
LOL! Exactly! I hate how cars here get hastled for a loud exhaust, yet Harley's can be as loud as possbible and its ok. I dont get that.

I like this system so i can come home late at night from a nice drive, and not piss of my neighbors. I'm sure my parents neighbors wish this was around when i was a kid.
My brother had to get his friends to push his Mustang into the driveway in order to avoid seeing the 'rents.

Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 05:11 PM   #29
Jack28
HUSTLER
Rep

Drives: E46 M3-E92 M3

Send a message via AIM to Jack28
Suck Me Sideways!! LOL.... One of my Most Favorite Exhaust Systems from back on the
E46 M3...

GTM- Is Kreissieg making 2 Different versions? One for the E90 and E92 M3? Or 1 for both?
Interested for the E92 M3. Can you PM me a Price...

E92 M3 ZCP- AW/FR w/Extended Leather) Packages: ZCP, 6MT, Fully Loaded
E46 M3 - AW/IR 6 Spd, Fully Loaded. 19'' BBS LM DBK, V-CSL C/F Bmpr, Botld, Diff, V-CSL Custum IR-CF Center Counsel, V-GTR Hood, Dixis Ti 76mm, Meisterschaft Ti Sec. 1&2, EvoSport Headers, CAI, D/A Chip, tck d/a, Alcantera Headliner with Imola Red Sttitching....
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 05:43 PM   #30
Kev
Resident Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: VW bug with a misplaced engine

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack28 View Post
Suck Me Sideways!! LOL.... One of my Most Favorite Exhaust Systems from back on the
E46 M3...

GTM- Is Kreissieg making 2 Different versions? One for the E90 and E92 M3? Or 1 for both?
Two different versions according to my source, the E90 version have shorter tips.
      03-24-2010, 06:33 PM   #31
GTM_Challenge
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack28 View Post
E46 M3...

They are infact making a version for E92 and E90 both. They are not the same part number. I'll shoot you a PM
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 06:50 PM   #32
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep

Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTM_Challenge View Post
the quiet mode is level 2 on this customers exhaust
thanks.

oh wait, for some reason i didn't even notice it say it right in the beginning of the video. i fail
      03-24-2010, 07:52 PM   #33
GTM_Challenge
United_States
Rep

I quick dug up one of Japans videos for you guys that has their X pipe too. You can tell here it has a higher pitch and smooth sound.

[u2b]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1-J4ufgbN2o&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1-J4ufgbN2o&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/u2b]
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 07:56 PM   #34
Kreissieg
Japan
Rep

Drives: Many

Send a message via AIM to Kreissieg
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMorish View Post
It's the new Meisterschaft exhaust called the GTC. It's design is like that of the GTS (two mufflers with connecting pipes welded on) and has electronic valves like the Kreissieg. It is basically the same thing as the Kreissieg but at a lower price.

Just to clarify few things...

Kreissieg has been making valve system exhausts for more than decades.
There are many valve operated exhaust system in market(even some OEM cars), but our products are NOT just another valvetronic exhaust system because of many reasons.

Our concept really concentrates on exhaust tone which is actually controlled by inner design of the mufflers, and different material and thickness of stainless steel used and ect.
The valve system is just part of our sound. It only does changing the loudness.
There are many variables that can change the exhaust tone of the engine, and we have been creating our own exhaust tone with our own knowledge.
If one system does not meet our standard on sound quality, we keep make revisions on muffler, piping and ect to achieve our own exhaust tone.
For some cars, we made up to 9 revisions and M3 system is not an exception too.

And about the valves..
The valve system is not same, it is all about who makes more reliable and more free flowing valve.
Kreissieg has our own know-how to make less restrictive and reliable valve system.
We have up to 90mm diameter valve system which no other makers have.
The diameter plays big role when it comes to valve reliability because some of exotic cars exhaust temp gets so high, the butterfly usually glow red after some runs.
If the valve designed poorly, the butterfly will stuck after these hot runs.
We also use vacuum operated valve for exhaust system for reliability too.

Not only our system offers reliable valve operation, but our valve itself is also slightly larger than the piping to compensate the restriction of center section of butterfly when it is fully opened.

These are just very few things I would like to let our customers know.
Little details like this make our exhaust system stands out from all the valve-controlled exhaust system.

Jae from Kreissieg
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 08:01 PM   #35
GTM_Challenge
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreissieg View Post
Just to clarify few things...

Kreissieg has been making valve system exhausts for more than decades.
There are many valve operated exhaust system in market(even some OEM cars), but our products are NOT just another valvetronic exhaust system because of many reasons.

Our concept really concentrates on exhaust tone which is actually controlled by inner design of the mufflers, and different material and thickness of stainless steel used and ect.
The valve system is just part of our sound. It only does changing the loudness.
There are many variables that can change the exhaust tone of the engine, and we have been creating our own exhaust tone with our own knowledge.
If one system does not meet our standard on sound quality, we keep make revisions on muffler, piping and ect to achieve our own exhaust tone.
For some cars, we made up to 9 revisions and M3 system is not an exception too.

And about the valves..
The valve system is not same, it is all about who makes more reliable and more free flowing valve.
Kreissieg has our own know-how to make less restrictive and reliable valve system.
We have up to 90mm diameter valve system which no other makers have.
The diameter plays big role when it comes to valve reliability because some of exotic cars exhaust temp gets so high, the butterfly usually glow red after some runs.
If the valve designed poorly, the butterfly will stuck after these hot runs.
We also use vacuum operated valve for exhaust system for reliability too.

Not only our system offers reliable valve operation, but our valve itself is also slightly larger than the piping to compensate the restriction of center section of butterfly when it is fully opened.

These are just very few things I would like to let our customers know.
Little details like this make our exhaust system stands out from all the valve-controlled exhaust system.

Jae from Kreissieg

Thanks for adding some additional info Kreissieg Japan! Glad you are able to support us as your dealer so well with info and details about the product line.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 08:38 PM   #36
dawgdog
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2015 M3, 2010 GT3RS

Could you PM me a price for an e92M3?
      03-24-2010, 11:39 PM   #37
Subw00er
Bates '08 Interlagos Launch
United_States
Rep

Drives: 08e92M, 03e46M

Send a message via AIM to Subw00er
Just make your own! (See sig).

Seriously, whether you buy it or make it, valve-based exhausts are awesome. I really like mine and it really lends itself to this car - quiet and classy when you want, and loud and obnoxious when you want.
      03-25-2010, 02:33 PM   #38
GTM_Challenge
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subw00er View Post
Just make your own! (See sig).

Seriously, whether you buy it or make it, valve-based exhausts are awesome. I really like mine and it really lends itself to this car - quiet and classy when you want, and loud and obnoxious when you want.

Very cool setup for a DIY! good job. great welding

The Kreissieg is maybe a little more refined tho, hehe
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2010, 04:05 PM   #39
SS32
Major
Rep

Drives: 2008 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subw00er View Post
+1, valves are the way to fly.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2010, 04:07 PM   #40
saeedg48
Brigadier General
Iran
Rep

Drives: 12 CLS63 + 14 M6 C

wow this is pretty tight. This is the first time I hear that someone has created an exhaust that brings an F1 sound to the car.

2008 M3 Sedan + TestPipes + Tune [sold]

2012 CLS63 AMG + P30 Performance Package
2014 M6 Coupe + AMS Downpipes + KW V3
Appreciate 0