BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-24-2010, 01:02 AM   #1
vipUF
New Member
2
Rep
14
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 Black M3 Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: St. Petersburg, FL

iTrader: (1)

From Gintani Race to...???

Does anyone recommend a plan B exhaust from a Gintani Race exhaust?? In my situation I have had the Gintani Race axle-back for a couple days and I can't stand the inside cabin noise for a daily driver. The exhaust sounds AMAZING on the outside, but I guess inside noise is the trade-off. I'm looking for something slightly higher than STOCK but aggressive enough to live with on a daily basis. t

This post is by not meant to give negative PR on Gintani, this exhaust is simply not my taste. Gintani has great service and really do provide a quality product.

I'm sure there have been a few of you all in my situation. I would like your honest/unbiased feedback before I go to the Trade/Sell/Buy section. Any input is appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 01:19 AM   #2
xxe92xx
Banned
18
Rep
783
Posts

 
Drives: 08 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Milwaukee, WI

iTrader: (2)

i suggest the gintani sport muffer but if your not concerned about performance eisenmann sport is also another good option
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 01:19 AM   #3
Bob MG
Moderating
Bob MG's Avatar
United Arab Emirates
77
Rep
1,911
Posts

 
Drives: like a muppet
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Dubai

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipUF View Post
Does anyone recommend a plan B exhaust from a Gintani Race exhaust?? In my situation I have had the Gintani Race axle-back for a couple days and I can't stand the inside cabin noise for a daily driver. The exhaust sounds AMAZING on the outside, but I guess inside noise is the trade-off. I'm looking for something slightly higher than STOCK but aggressive enough to live with on a daily basis. t

This post is by not meant to give negative PR on Gintani, this exhaust is simply not my taste. Gintani has great service and really do provide a quality product.

I'm sure there have been a few of you all in my situation. I would like your honest/unbiased feedback before I go to the Trade/Sell/Buy section. Any input is appreciated.
Do yourself a favor buy an Akrapovic Evolution System

Trust me
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 01:20 AM   #4
baarii
Major
baarii's Avatar
United_States
16
Rep
1,116
Posts

 
Drives: ..
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: I-66

iTrader: (8)

Heard good things about the Gintani Sport with similar gains.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 01:20 AM   #5
baarii
Major
baarii's Avatar
United_States
16
Rep
1,116
Posts

 
Drives: ..
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: I-66

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxe92xx View Post
i suggest the gintani sport muffer but if your not concerned about performance eisenmann sport is also another good option
+1
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 01:21 AM   #6
xxe92xx
Banned
18
Rep
783
Posts

 
Drives: 08 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Milwaukee, WI

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baarii View Post
Heard good things about the Gintani Sport with similar gains.
gintani sport and race have the same gains
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 01:31 AM   #7
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal
Crazy Bimmer's Avatar
United_States
143
Rep
5,830
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Chicago IL

iTrader: (19)

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Crazy Bimmer
Theres many options.

Akrapovic
Eisenmann Sport
Gintani Sport
Remus Sport
Active Autowerks
Bastuck
Dinan

So many good options out there these days for everyones tastes.

Heres a video of some of them that few forum members made.
__________________
2009 E90 M3 - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 01:42 AM   #8
xxe92xx
Banned
18
Rep
783
Posts

 
Drives: 08 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Milwaukee, WI

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesal@Project 808 View Post
Theres many options.

Akrapovic
Eisenmann Sport
Gintani Sport
Remus Sport
Active Autowerks
Bastuck
Dinan

So many good options out there these days for everyones tastes.

Heres a video of some of them that few forum members made.
ha...

"vipUF" ill give you some real advice dont bother with the akra its a waste use the money some where else....look into the two i mentioned above they are the best options out of all the trash out there and you dont have to spend over $5000 to make yourself think you bought the "best" muffler...

gintani sport.....quieter than the race version same performance numbers
eisenmann sport....quieter than the race version mostly for sound little(3-5hp) performance
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 01:59 AM   #9
drft92
Giggity
drft92's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
289
Posts

 
Drives: e92m
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: North Jersey

iTrader: (3)

I would say the Dinan is probably your best bet, if your looking for something slightly more aggressive then stock with little to no drone/cabin noise. I own a Gintani race and love it but that is just my preference as for some of the other systems I have no experience with them in order to comment.

As I always recommend with exhaust purchase your best bet is to hear it in person and not take someone elses opinion(that's all it is, an opinion). Loud is subjective term based on the ear that's listening in, so your ear should be the only instrument to gauge the degree of loudness. Hope this helps, maybe if you had this advice to begin with, then you wouldn't be in this situation. Good luck friend.

Ash
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 02:00 AM   #10
skoot3r
BMW n00b
skoot3r's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
1,146
Posts

 
Drives: 09 e92 M3/ 2013 GMC 2500hd
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Jose

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to skoot3r
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxe92xx View Post
ha...

"vipUF" ill give you some real advice dont bother with the akra its a waste use the money some where else....look into the two i mentioned above they are the best options out of all the trash out there and you dont have to spend over $5000 to make yourself think you bought the "best" muffler...

gintani sport.....quieter than the race version same performance numbers
eisenmann sport....quieter than the race version mostly for sound little(3-5hp) performance
+1 akra sounds almost like the OEM exhaust which isn't that great. Big waste of money for no sound and very litte gain. I had gintani sport before my race and I think you will be very happy with it.
__________________
09 SpaceGray M3 DCT
Power: Dinan 3.62, Gintani Race Mufflers, Dinan Intake, Gintani Xpipe, RPi Scoops
Cosmetic: Vrs Poly-Lip, CSL Trunk, LED Interior Lights, LUX H8, Smoked Tails, Challenge Diffuser
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 02:13 AM   #11
Bob MG
Moderating
Bob MG's Avatar
United Arab Emirates
77
Rep
1,911
Posts

 
Drives: like a muppet
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Dubai

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoot3r View Post
+1 akra sounds almost like the OEM exhaust which isn't that great. Big waste of money for no sound and very little gain. I had gintani sport before my race and I think you will be very happy with it.
are you drunk? Clearly you don't have one!
24 HP gain and sound is OEM in terms of no drone, but when you get on to it, it sounds alive.
Same sound as the M3 GTS exhaust. Check this link.
And weight saving of more than 45lbs

Definitely a waste of money, a cheap and heavy custom made stainless steel system that barks and drones is much better value for money



Thats exactly what it sounds like. Like stock, well yes but on steroids it sounds like an intelligent persons car

Last edited by Bob MG; 03-24-2010 at 02:27 AM.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 02:22 AM   #12
drft92
Giggity
drft92's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
289
Posts

 
Drives: e92m
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: North Jersey

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob MG View Post
Thats exactly what it sound like. Like stock, well yes but on steroids it sounds like like an intelligent persons car
that's funny!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 02:29 AM   #13
Bob MG
Moderating
Bob MG's Avatar
United Arab Emirates
77
Rep
1,911
Posts

 
Drives: like a muppet
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Dubai

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drft92 View Post
that's funny!
I think so to
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 03:02 AM   #14
biglare
******
United_States
99
Rep
3,140
Posts

 
Drives: ?
Join Date: May 2008
Location: ?

iTrader: (3)

My Dinan setup does not drone at all. It has a deeper sound at idle and very low rpm, but at cruising speed it sounds like stock. At WOT it is quite a bit louder than stock screaming all the way to redline. When you want it louder, just hit the gas. I absolutely love the sound! I think it is the best of both worlds with no drone. This setup makes great power too. Of course this is just my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 03:09 AM   #15
tightie
JOSH SHOKRI.
tightie's Avatar
United_States
153
Rep
5,777
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 F80 YMB M3
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: los angeles, california.

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [3.95]
I have the Gintani sport and I love it.
__________________
15 YMB F80 M3 | iND Painted Front Reflectors, Painted Side Marker Set, Rear Painted Emblem & Front Grill Surround| KW 3 Way Clubsport | Gintani Downpipes | Macht Schnell Stud Conversion Kit | JB4 | Too many wheels to list
*Track Day: December 19 @ Willow Springs Raceway
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 03:51 AM   #16
LV-E92M3
Lieutenant
LV-E92M3's Avatar
Afghanistan
6
Rep
505
Posts

 
Drives: Donkey
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: كابول‎

iTrader: (1)

I have the fabspeed x pipe + HFC + Bastuck exhaust and it sounds really nice and make good power. Not really loud and doesn't drone at all. I love my set up
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 04:35 AM   #17
biglare
******
United_States
99
Rep
3,140
Posts

 
Drives: ?
Join Date: May 2008
Location: ?

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV-E92M3 View Post
I have the fabspeed x pipe + HFC + Bastuck exhaust and it sounds really nice and make good power. Not really loud and doesn't drone at all. I love my set up
That "sounds" like a nice setup. I have heard the rear Bastuck exhaust and it is pretty quiet until you jump on it!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 08:04 AM   #18
2000gsr
First Lieutenant
2000gsr's Avatar
Canada
5
Rep
365
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipUF View Post
Does anyone recommend a plan B exhaust from a Gintani Race exhaust?? In my situation I have had the Gintani Race axle-back for a couple days and I can't stand the inside cabin noise for a daily driver. The exhaust sounds AMAZING on the outside, but I guess inside noise is the trade-off. I'm looking for something slightly higher than STOCK but aggressive enough to live with on a daily basis. t

This post is by not meant to give negative PR on Gintani, this exhaust is simply not my taste. Gintani has great service and really do provide a quality product.

I'm sure there have been a few of you all in my situation. I would like your honest/unbiased feedback before I go to the Trade/Sell/Buy section. Any input is appreciated.

I felt the same way as you the first few days that I had the Gintani race, but trust me give it at least a few weeks and see how you feel. I felt like it settled down a bit or I just got used to it and now I'm loving the sound. At times I hit the gas to get as loud as it once felt before but no luck, go figure Before you sell it and take a loss, just keep it for 3 weeks or so and if you don't like it, than sell it.
__________________
http://www.m3post.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=44350&dateline=125013  4806
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 08:19 AM   #19
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Eugene-TAIWAN's Avatar
Taiwan
79
Rep
3,113
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Taiwan

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000gsr View Post
I felt the same way as you the first few days that I had the Gintani race, but trust me give it at least a few weeks and see how you feel. I felt like it settled down a bit or I just got used to it and now I'm loving the sound. At times I hit the gas to get as loud as it once felt before but no luck, go figure Before you sell it and take a loss, just keep it for 3 weeks or so and if you don't like it, than sell it.
now that is some great advise
__________________

Past: Gintani stage3 M3
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6, 991C4S, i3 in September
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 08:37 AM   #20
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
MMMorish's Avatar
Canada
58
Rep
2,836
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob MG View Post
Do yourself a favor buy an Akrapovic Evolution System

Trust me
This is my friend Borat. He is #4 Akra fanboy. Nice!
__________________
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 08:39 AM   #21
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
MMMorish's Avatar
Canada
58
Rep
2,836
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob MG View Post
Do yourself a favor buy an Akrapovic Evolution System

Trust me
This is my friend Borat. He is #4 Akra fanboy in Kazakhstan. Nice!
__________________
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 08:46 AM   #22
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Nate@IND's Avatar
491
Rep
10,450
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoot3r View Post
+1 akra sounds almost like the OEM exhaust which isn't that great. Big waste of money for no sound and very litte gain. I had gintani sport before my race and I think you will be very happy with it.
You need to see an Akrapovic in person
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:52 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST