BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
GT Haus
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-11-2010, 07:35 PM   #1
Alias
dork
 
Alias's Avatar
 
Drives: //M
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: so cal

Posts: 478
iTrader: (3)

Help me locate this part

Im having issues locating this part. Sorry for not making the line more clear..Its the fat line.
Basically it's a flange and your OEM or aftermarket exhaust bolts up to it. Somehow mine is missing and im confused because according to the dealer its part of the intake manifold
Attached Images
 
Alias is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2010, 10:57 PM   #2
drft92
Giggity
 
drft92's Avatar
 
Drives: e92m
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: North Jersey

Posts: 289
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
First tell us which number you are referring to? Are you referring to the flange on #2? #2 is the exhaust headers (not intake manifold). The flange is part of the headers. You won't find a separate part number for it. You'll need to buy new headers. Why and how is your flange missing?
Hi Robert...Yeah that is odd, isn't the exhaust manifold (think that's what the OP meant) flared out ? How could that flange come off? OP what is the exhaust bolted up to? If there is no flange, you would have a horrible exhaust leak.

Ash
drft92 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2010, 10:59 PM   #3
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
 
Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe, 2012 ML350
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lake Oswego, OR

Posts: 7,360
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Exhaust header flange missing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias View Post
Im having issues locating this part. Sorry for not making the line more clear..Its the fat line.
Basically it's a flange and your OEM or aftermarket exhaust bolts up to it. Somehow mine is missing and im confused because according to the dealer its part of the intake manifold
I don't think it's removable unless you cut it off. Both sides are missing? How are the exhaust pipes attached? Is this a trick question?
__________________

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/Sakhir/CF
2012 ML350
GregW / Oregon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2010, 11:36 PM   #4
Alias
dork
 
Alias's Avatar
 
Drives: //M
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: so cal

Posts: 478
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
First tell us which number you are referring to? Are you referring to the flange on #2? #2 is the exhaust headers (not intake manifold). The flange is part of the headers. You won't find a separate part number for it. You'll need to buy new headers. Why and how is your flange missing?
I don't know...

That flange is gone on the drivers side when the exhaust is suppose to bolt up.

Look here is the rundown.

I went to a shop to get my Encore HFC installed. I watched the tech unbolt the oem pipes off so I know the flange was there during the install. Now 3 weeks ago I went back to the same shop and they couldn't take me due to an overflow of work so I went around the corner to a muffler shop that they use to put the oem system back on. Now upon unbolting it they noticed the flange was gone and immediately red flagged it. Now from when I first got my
HFC installed to 3 weeks ago my car has been to the dealer twice..

so either one of the following things has happened.

a. Flange somehow fell off
b. Flange magically poofed
c. Angry BMW tech decided to remove it

I'm all out of guesses on what could of happened.

What options do I have or can you suggest?

Do you think it is possible to make a flange like oem and slide it onto the pipes?

If I have to purchase new headers, is it possible to only buy the drivers side?
Alias is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2010, 11:37 PM   #5
Alias
dork
 
Alias's Avatar
 
Drives: //M
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: so cal

Posts: 478
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
I don't think it's removable unless you cut it off. Both sides are missing? How are the exhaust pipes attached? Is this a trick question?
Drivers side is missing

Right now im using Encore pipes which slip on

No this isn't a trick question or a joke
Alias is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2010, 11:43 PM   #6
armorrig
Brigadier General
 
armorrig's Avatar
 
Drives: Tamiya
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: So.Cal.

Posts: 3,268
iTrader: (2)

What's up man? This has nothing to do with you removing your MGT right? The MGT with the connecting pipes is far from where that part is missing? Good luck with this.
armorrig is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2010, 11:56 PM   #7
Alias
dork
 
Alias's Avatar
 
Drives: //M
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: so cal

Posts: 478
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armorrig View Post
What's up man? This has nothing to do with you removing your MGT right? The MGT with the connecting pipes is far from where that part is missing? Good luck with this.


Completely different: )
Alias is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2010, 12:04 AM   #8
armorrig
Brigadier General
 
armorrig's Avatar
 
Drives: Tamiya
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: So.Cal.

Posts: 3,268
iTrader: (2)

Good to know. How in the world could have that gone missing?
armorrig is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2010, 01:05 AM   #9
niterider
Proove It!
 
Drives: Gintani Supercharged
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: City of Angels

Posts: 633
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
Since I happen to have my factory headers out in the garage, I went and took some pictures. The flange is removeable after you remove the wedge-shaped gasket. The gasket is removeable by slipping off, then the flange will remove as well.

Attachment 358358

Attachment 358359
Exactly...it is removable. However im not sure if u can get it by its self.
__________________
niterider is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2010, 12:33 PM   #10
Alias
dork
 
Alias's Avatar
 
Drives: //M
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: so cal

Posts: 478
iTrader: (3)

Sucks cause the gasket ring is for sale (item #3), but not the flange.

anyone think maybe one of these can work, or be modified?

http://www.prostreetonline.com/m/bmw_exhaust-flange.asp
Attached Images
 
Alias is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2010, 06:01 PM   #11
sciaenops
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2008 e90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Honolulu

Posts: 36
iTrader: (0)

Why were you taking the encore off?? Leak?
It seems to me that it must have been whoever installed the encore lost the part, but it's not very small so they must have seen it around their shop by now, did you go back to check??
sciaenops is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2010, 06:09 PM   #12
Alias
dork
 
Alias's Avatar
 
Drives: //M
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: so cal

Posts: 478
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciaenops View Post
Why were you taking the encore off?? Leak?
It seems to me that it must have been whoever installed the encore lost the part, but it's not very small so they must have seen it around their shop by now, did you go back to check??

No leaks with the Encore as well as no CEL either. I wanted to put my oem system back and and sell the HFC. Im working on a fully catless system.
Alias is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2010, 06:44 PM   #13
sciaenops
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2008 e90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Honolulu

Posts: 36
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias View Post
No leaks with the Encore as well as no CEL either. I wanted to put my oem system back and and sell the HFC. Im working on a fully catless system.
Weird. Good luck with that. Whatever happened to Encore's website??

-
sciaenops is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST