BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-11-2010, 01:32 PM   #1
homer_jay
New Member
 
Drives: 07 335i Sedan JB on Terra 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: SLC, Ut

Posts: 9
iTrader: (0)

Lease is up... Good Price on M3

I am not a frequent visitor of the forum, but my lease is up on my 07 335i. It has been a nice car (thanks to Dinan). I have been going back on forth on which car to get next, but I think I am 99% sold on the M3. I am not a hardcore negotiator but I want to make sure I get a good price on the car. So here are the details:
2010 E92 Jet Black
Cold Weather Package
Premium Package
Tech Package
M Double Clutch
19" wheels
Anti-theft
Moon Roof
PDC
Sat, iPod and enhanced premium sound.
Sticker Price of $71,805.
There is a $2500 spring incentive (?) right now and the dealer will give me an additional $2500. So that brings the price down to 66,805.

I called the dealer where the car is at (not the one that gave me the quote) to see if they would go below invoice. She said that since it is an M, and they don't get a lot of them they won't ''negotiate''. I told her other dealers would negotiate for the M3 that is on her lot. She is going to call me back.

So, could I get it lower than $66k? I don't know.
homer_jay is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2010, 02:18 PM   #2
Bubbles
Green Bastard
 
Bubbles's Avatar
 
Drives: ZCP-Powered
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bishop Bend

Posts: 3,548
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer_jay View Post
I am not a frequent visitor of the forum, but my lease is up on my 07 335i. It has been a nice car (thanks to Dinan). I have been going back on forth on which car to get next, but I think I am 99% sold on the M3. I am not a hardcore negotiator but I want to make sure I get a good price on the car. So here are the details:
2010 E92 Jet Black
Cold Weather Package
Premium Package
Tech Package
M Double Clutch
19" wheels
Anti-theft
Moon Roof
PDC
Sat, iPod and enhanced premium sound.
Sticker Price of $71,805.
There is a $2500 spring incentive (?) right now and the dealer will give me an additional $2500. So that brings the price down to 66,805.

I called the dealer where the car is at (not the one that gave me the quote) to see if they would go below invoice. She said that since it is an M, and they don't get a lot of them they won't ''negotiate''. I told her other dealers would negotiate for the M3 that is on her lot. She is going to call me back.

So, could I get it lower than $66k? I don't know.
I'd wait until next month. The 2011's are going for around invoice special ordered.

There are a lot of 2010s left on lots. Not as much as the 2008/2009 debacle but more than BMW is comfortable with. Many of us will be driving in 2011s next month. At that point it should be a very buyer friendly market. I won't pay over 60k for a loaded 2010 when I can get a 2011 for 2-4k more, but that's just me.

Tell her you found a great deal for a 2011, and make her tell you why you should get that 2010.
__________________
Bubbles is offline   Cayman Islands
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2010, 02:24 PM   #3
homer_jay
New Member
 
Drives: 07 335i Sedan JB on Terra 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: SLC, Ut

Posts: 9
iTrader: (0)

Dealer called me back 10 minutes ago. They will go down to $69k. If the $2500 + $2500 still applies then I am at $64k.
homer_jay is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2010, 03:02 PM   #4
Bubbles
Green Bastard
 
Bubbles's Avatar
 
Drives: ZCP-Powered
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bishop Bend

Posts: 3,548
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer_jay View Post
Dealer called me back 10 minutes ago. They will go down to $69k. If the $2500 + $2500 still applies then I am at $64k.

Well, you can get an 2011 optioned the same for around ~68K. Do you really want all those options?

Do yourself a favor and look at auto trader. There are tons of 2008s that a priced in the high 40s and haven't moved for several weeks, some months. 2009s come in just 2-5k about the '08s with similar mileage.

Your call in the end although I'd make them pay me to take a moonroof M3

Remember you are doing them a favor by entertaining the purchase of a year old car.
__________________
Bubbles is offline   Cayman Islands
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2010, 03:21 PM   #5
homer_jay
New Member
 
Drives: 07 335i Sedan JB on Terra 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: SLC, Ut

Posts: 9
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
I'd wait until next month. The 2011's are going for around invoice special ordered.

There are a lot of 2010s left on lots. Not as much as the 2008/2009 debacle but more than BMW is comfortable with. Many of us will be driving in 2011s next month. At that point it should be a very buyer friendly market. I won't pay over 60k for a loaded 2010 when I can get a 2011 for 2-4k more, but that's just me.

Tell her you found a great deal for a 2011, and make her tell you why you should get that 2010.
Can you get a loaded 2011 M3 for $62-$64k?
homer_jay is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2010, 09:48 PM   #6
Leonardo629
Major
 
Drives: 2013 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Walnut, CA

Posts: 1,202
iTrader: (9)

I just built your car at bmwusa.com, and the MSRP came out higher....
Leonardo629 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2010, 10:12 PM   #7
Alex@Autocouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Alex@Autocouture's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3, E92 Frozen GTS
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ny

Posts: 3,347
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2011.75 E90 BMW M3  [3.83]
2011 bmw/ m3  [0.00]
Just get a 2011 I know about 3 dealership that would take 5g atleast of a new m3
__________________
AUTOcouture Motoring | 15-01 Pollitt Drive St. 6, Fair Lawn NJ 07410
201.666.3500 | Alex@autocouturemotoring.com
Alex@Autocouture is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2010, 03:36 PM   #8
dcwjd
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2008 335i coupe(ordered)
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Oakland Gardens, NY

Posts: 44
iTrader: (0)

what dealerships would take 5k off in the NY area on a 2011.
dcwjd is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2010, 11:13 PM   #9
M3Rolly
19"AlloyS iDrive TechColdWeatherPak MDM
 
Drives: 2008 M3 Alpine White Coupe 6MT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Redondo Beach, CA

Posts: 44
iTrader: (0)

I got my '08 E92 used for $53k, with 10k miles on it. Exact same sticker prices and options that you have. I'd rather just buy used these days since only properties give you capital gains.
M3Rolly is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2010, 07:53 AM   #10
needspeed
First Lieutenant
 
needspeed's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 X5 M/05 F430/12 CTS-V Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Middle of nowhere IOWA

Posts: 320
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Rolly View Post
I got my '08 E92 used for $53k, with 10k miles on it. Exact same sticker prices and options that you have. I'd rather just buy used these days since only properties give you capital gains.
Tell that to one of my houses that is $100k under water......Steve
__________________
10 BMW X5 M Silverstone w/Black on Black interior - Loaded
12 CTS-V Coupe Thunder Gray - Loaded
13 Ford GT500 (650HP Priceless!!!!) as soon as can be delivered
05 F430 F1 - Giallo
08 BMW M3 Interlagos Blue Metallic - DCT (Traded)
needspeed is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2010, 08:33 AM   #11
kcdude24
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: KC

Posts: 323
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer_jay View Post
Can you get a loaded 2011 M3 for $62-$64k?
My 2011 e92 M3, SG/BLK,ZCP,ZPP,ZTP,302,403,494,6NF,752,6FL+$1k dealerprofit is $63,010....just have to go to Germany to pick it up via ED...about $4k less than an invoice +$1k deal ordered from my local dealer.
kcdude24 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:12 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST