BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
GetBMWParts
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-05-2010, 11:48 PM   #45
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 08 M3
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: FL to NY

Posts: 1,679
iTrader: (4)

count me in to chip in. let us know where to paypal to
__________________
Street- 08 E92 M3- Sparkling Graphite/ Fox Red/6sp
Track- 10 CRF 250-PR2 Race Motor/Ohlins TTX Susp
Hauler- 06 Ford Skyjacker F250 4WD
H Bomb is offline  
0
      03-06-2010, 09:01 PM   #46
kugo188
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Beijing

Posts: 35
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92M3Guy View Post
I would install the charge pipe first, around the manifold you will see gaps, that will be bigger gaps than the small pinholes you see in the charge pipe itself. With the gaps around the manifold, vendors have suggested to put in electrical tape, but that doesn't solve anything when you have tight and loose spots around the pipe itself, tape can only cover so much, its not like foam or anything where it will give you a nice seal. The seal you have on your OEM unit can not be reproduced with that unit, the only one that has replicated that seal is Dinan and that would be it.

I ain't trying to bash the product, but just informing people who have it and are skeptical or anal as I am when it comes out to dishes out mad money, but getting mediocre stuff.
Fully agree with your comment.

Last edited by kugo188; 03-07-2010 at 01:08 AM.
kugo188 is offline  
0
      03-06-2010, 09:16 PM   #47
GT3 Tim
Moderator
 
GT3 Tim's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sacramento, CA

Posts: 1,894
iTrader: (0)

I used non porous weather stripping and it works great. One side is sticky, that gets wrapped around the "male" surfaces. It compresses nicely when you slide on the pipe and seems to seal very nicely. FYI .... Seems to work great. The weatherstripping compresses and expands, so even with some movement, I think it will continue to offer a better seal than any sort of electrical tape. Just my $.02!
__________________
Tim (apparently likes "3" cars)
E90 M3 -- Current ride
2004 GT3 -- Sold
1997 M3/4 -- Sold
1995 M3 -- Sold
GT3 Tim is offline   United_States
0
      03-06-2010, 09:27 PM   #48
kugo188
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Beijing

Posts: 35
iTrader: (0)

are you sure the stripping can take the extreme heat?


Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3 Tim View Post
I used non porous weather stripping and it works great. One side is sticky, that gets wrapped around the "male" surfaces. It compresses nicely when you slide on the pipe and seems to seal very nicely. FYI .... Seems to work great. The weatherstripping compresses and expands, so even with some movement, I think it will continue to offer a better seal than any sort of electrical tape. Just my $.02!

Last edited by kugo188; 03-07-2010 at 01:07 AM.
kugo188 is offline  
0
      03-06-2010, 10:00 PM   #49
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 08 M3
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: FL to NY

Posts: 1,679
iTrader: (4)

i am sorry but F that, as much as that thing costs it should fit correctly when you get it. we shouldn't have to figure out how this thing won't leak etc. more R&D should have been done before this was released.

it looks great but looks aren't everything. i am really glad i got the Dinan one and am very happy with it. and it is the second best looking one as well
__________________
Street- 08 E92 M3- Sparkling Graphite/ Fox Red/6sp
Track- 10 CRF 250-PR2 Race Motor/Ohlins TTX Susp
Hauler- 06 Ford Skyjacker F250 4WD
H Bomb is offline  
0
      03-07-2010, 12:49 AM   #50
Fupa92
Do you FUPA?
 
Fupa92's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Honolulu

Posts: 149
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
i am sorry but F that, as much as that thing costs it should fit correctly when you get it. we shouldn't have to figure out how this thing won't leak etc. more R&D should have been done before this was released.

it looks great but looks aren't everything. i am really glad i got the Dinan one and am very happy with it. and it is the second best looking one as well
I agree 100% Even though the price is a "bargain" compared to Dinan, the research and development isn't. I am getting the Dinan intake because it has been tested and reviewed, and the craftsmanship and fit is exceptional. I found this review of the Tecnocraft, thank you to who ever made it:



The consumer said "You can see GAPS around the chargepipe"
Fupa92 is offline  
0
      03-07-2010, 12:56 AM   #51
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 08 M3
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: FL to NY

Posts: 1,679
iTrader: (4)

bargain compared to the Dinan?? the Dinan one had dyno tests up the ass done and R&D up the ass done before it was released. the Technocraft was released the same weak it was finished production and not even one dyno was done on it prior to being released just numbers were stated. you see the pics of it being made on L4P and then when it was finished it was all of a sudden for sale. sorry but i almost pull the trigger on that and i am glad i didn't

so in my op the Dinan is the one that is the bargain out of the two when you consider the R&D btw the two pieces and what works and what doesn't

people hate on Dinan for there prices but those boys do there homework and never release a product unless it works and works good. after 3 Dinan cars i have never had one bad part from them and the one time i had a leaky diff seal they overnighted the part and replaced it for free and paid for the labor on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fupa92 View Post
I agree 100% Even though the price is a "bargain" compared to Dinan, the research and development isn't. I am getting the Dinan intake because it has been tested and reviewed, and the craftsmanship and fit is exceptional. I found this review of the Tecnocraft, thank you to who ever made it:



The consumer said "You can see GAPS around the chargepipe"
__________________
Street- 08 E92 M3- Sparkling Graphite/ Fox Red/6sp
Track- 10 CRF 250-PR2 Race Motor/Ohlins TTX Susp
Hauler- 06 Ford Skyjacker F250 4WD
H Bomb is offline  
0
      03-07-2010, 01:56 AM   #52
LateBraking
Brigadier General
 
LateBraking's Avatar
 
Drives: Reliable Cars
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pacific Standard Time

Posts: 3,878
iTrader: (27)

Can a moderator close this thread? I think it's served it's usefulness, since I'm unable to dyno the product in the very immediate future. I will start a new thread once I am able to do so.
LateBraking is offline   United_States
0
      03-07-2010, 02:28 AM   #53
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 08 M3
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: FL to NY

Posts: 1,679
iTrader: (4)

^^

agreed just let us know when you want us to donate for the cause. take care

H
__________________
Street- 08 E92 M3- Sparkling Graphite/ Fox Red/6sp
Track- 10 CRF 250-PR2 Race Motor/Ohlins TTX Susp
Hauler- 06 Ford Skyjacker F250 4WD
H Bomb is offline  
0
      03-07-2010, 07:20 AM   #54
Fupa92
Do you FUPA?
 
Fupa92's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Honolulu

Posts: 149
iTrader: (0)

That's why I quoted "bargain" my friend, as if it were in a sarcastic manner

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
bargain compared to the Dinan?? the Dinan one had dyno tests up the ass done and R&D up the ass done before it was released. the Technocraft was released the same weak it was finished production and not even one dyno was done on it prior to being released just numbers were stated. you see the pics of it being made on L4P and then when it was finished it was all of a sudden for sale. sorry but i almost pull the trigger on that and i am glad i didn't

so in my op the Dinan is the one that is the bargain out of the two when you consider the R&D btw the two pieces and what works and what doesn't

people hate on Dinan for there prices but those boys do there homework and never release a product unless it works and works good. after 3 Dinan cars i have never had one bad part from them and the one time i had a leaky diff seal they overnighted the part and replaced it for free and paid for the labor on it.
Fupa92 is offline  
0
      03-07-2010, 08:50 AM   #55
e.n335
Moderator
 
e.n335's Avatar
 
Drives: e93 ///M3 DCT, 07/2009
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Switzerland, ZH

Posts: 4,480
iTrader: (0)

Isn't it like this that the Envy CP comes without a high-flow filter and the Dinan CP includes it ? If so, the price difference would be < US$ 150 in case you consider buying the Envy CP and a BMC filter.
e.n335 is offline   Austria
0
      03-07-2010, 01:31 PM   #56
smmmurf
Colonel
 
Drives: 2009 M3 Sedan 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pleasanton, CA

Posts: 2,090
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fupa92 View Post
I agree 100% Even though the price is a "bargain" compared to Dinan, the research and development isn't. I am getting the Dinan intake because it has been tested and reviewed, and the craftsmanship and fit is exceptional. I found this review of the Tecnocraft, thank you to who ever made it:



The consumer said "You can see GAPS around the chargepipe"
Nice video. They really should have done their homework before coming out with a product that has fitment issues with so many cars. Intakes should absolutely be "sealed" and there is no excuse for rub marks from the hood.
__________________
M3 Sedan - AW/Black - 6MT - no moonroof - no folding seats - RAC RG63 - clear bra by Omega Werks
smmmurf is offline  
0
      03-07-2010, 01:40 PM   #57
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 08 M3
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: FL to NY

Posts: 1,679
iTrader: (4)

lol sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fupa92 View Post
That's why I quoted "bargain" my friend, as if it were in a sarcastic manner
__________________
Street- 08 E92 M3- Sparkling Graphite/ Fox Red/6sp
Track- 10 CRF 250-PR2 Race Motor/Ohlins TTX Susp
Hauler- 06 Ford Skyjacker F250 4WD
H Bomb is offline  
0
      03-07-2010, 01:41 PM   #58
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 08 M3
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: FL to NY

Posts: 1,679
iTrader: (4)

yeah the Dinan comes with a High Flow Filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.n335 View Post
Isn't it like this that the Envy CP comes without a high-flow filter and the Dinan CP includes it ? If so, the price difference would be < US$ 150 in case you consider buying the Envy CP and a BMC filter.
__________________
Street- 08 E92 M3- Sparkling Graphite/ Fox Red/6sp
Track- 10 CRF 250-PR2 Race Motor/Ohlins TTX Susp
Hauler- 06 Ford Skyjacker F250 4WD
H Bomb is offline  
0
      03-07-2010, 01:43 PM   #59
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 08 M3
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: FL to NY

Posts: 1,679
iTrader: (4)

i was told on another board that the video was made by a vendor who didn't get the price he wanted and left the sealing tape out on purpose for the video

i asked then if he made the marks on purpose for the video, and waiting a response

whole thing seems weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by smmmurf View Post
Nice video. They really should have done their homework before coming out with a product that has fitment issues with so many cars. Intakes should absolutely be "sealed" and there is no excuse for rub marks from the hood.
__________________
Street- 08 E92 M3- Sparkling Graphite/ Fox Red/6sp
Track- 10 CRF 250-PR2 Race Motor/Ohlins TTX Susp
Hauler- 06 Ford Skyjacker F250 4WD
H Bomb is offline  
0
      03-07-2010, 01:57 PM   #60
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: .

Posts: 4,643
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeJayKaying View Post
Can a moderator close this thread? I think it's served it's usefulness, since I'm unable to dyno the product in the very immediate future. I will start a new thread once I am able to do so.
Thread closed.
Nawaaz is offline   United_States
0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST