BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
 
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-17-2010, 10:18 PM   #23
contempt
New Member
 
Drives: 08' E93 M3
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

Park in the lot at Lugers BK

It's free, just tip the old guy at the lot a few dollars. I go twice a month for lunch and they now accept debit cards.
contempt is offline  
0
      02-17-2010, 10:26 PM   #24
niqui
Brigadier General
 
niqui's Avatar
 
Drives: Jet Black E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Canada

Posts: 3,100
iTrader: (7)

i dont get the hype about audi interiors.
maybe in the lower ones, but i mean sclass vs a8 interior. ill take the sclass anyday, and did, twice.
__________________
Jet Black E92 M3
niqui is offline  
0
      02-17-2010, 10:30 PM   #25
Leozap
Captain
 
Drives: AW E90 M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NY

Posts: 952
iTrader: (5)

Audi's interiors looks so um... how do you say it... anyone got an idea to describe that? All I know is that it's not good. But they are nice cars, not as nice as BMWs.
__________________
11 335is, KW1, M3 bits and what not
08 M3 Sedan 6mt, loaded, modded to the bone
Old: 04 M3 SMG
Leozap is offline   United_States
0
      02-17-2010, 11:11 PM   #26
spyderco10
Colonel
 
spyderco10's Avatar
 
Drives: AW E92 M3 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Honolulu, HI

Posts: 2,425
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselino View Post
An audi S4 lower quality then a liberty? What are you smoking? Im sorry I love BMW's and all but Audi has the best interiors bar none in the industry, quality, materials fit and finish and design.
+1
the consensus is that Audi wins for best interiors
__________________
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
- John 3:16
spyderco10 is offline   United_States
0
      02-18-2010, 12:28 AM   #27
///Mikey e90
Aspiring Hoonigan...
 
///Mikey e90's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 SG/B 335i Sedan
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: In the driver's seat...

Posts: 123
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderco10 View Post
+1
the consensus is that Audi wins for best interiors
Says who? I find it funny how you posted this when 2 posts above you said they think they're not as good as BMWs.

If you think Audis are so awesome why don't you sell your BMW and drive an Audi instead.

Opinions are opinions. There is no "consensus" just a group of people who think one thing and another who think otherwise.
__________________
///Mikey
"Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go and drive that... In a manner that's completely incompatible with maintaining the tread depth on a Pirelli PZERO Corsa"
-Chris Harris
///Mikey e90 is offline   United_States
0
      02-18-2010, 12:29 AM   #28
///Mikey e90
Aspiring Hoonigan...
 
///Mikey e90's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 SG/B 335i Sedan
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: In the driver's seat...

Posts: 123
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderco10 View Post
+1
the consensus is that Audi wins for best interiors
+1000 on the signature though.
__________________
///Mikey
"Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go and drive that... In a manner that's completely incompatible with maintaining the tread depth on a Pirelli PZERO Corsa"
-Chris Harris
///Mikey e90 is offline   United_States
0
      02-18-2010, 12:44 AM   #29
Robo Squirrel
Captain
 
Robo Squirrel's Avatar
 
Drives: C7
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: MI

Posts: 992
iTrader: (1)

i HATE my audi...its a piece of junk and it drives like a buick
__________________
Robo Squirrel is offline   United_States
0
      02-18-2010, 12:56 AM   #30
JC919
Lieutenant Colonel
 
JC919's Avatar
 
Drives: CSL
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland

Posts: 1,799
iTrader: (0)

I may be opening up a sh!t storm, but if I were looking for a DD in that price range; B8 S4 > 335is. Sorry, I had a B5 S4 prior to the M3
__________________

2003 CSL, SG, Alcon BBK
2002 M5, SSII/Blk and bone stock. In storage back home in TX
2008 M3, AW/Blk 6MT, Akrapovic Evolution, Evosport Pulley, ESS Tune, Michelin PSS/Hoosier, other track stuff SOLD
JC919 is offline   United_States
0
      02-18-2010, 01:24 AM   #31
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
 
Drives: Slowly
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: At home

Posts: 2,731
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mikey e90 View Post

Last time I checked there were more BMW enthusiasts out there than Audi fans.
I think you have your numbers skewed a tad.

Quote:
I sat in an S4 last Saturday and it really felt lower quality than my sister's jeep liberty.
This is PURE fanboi. NO Chrysler models even BEGINS to compare to anything Audi makes, let alone an S-model.

Quote:
Well, I was told that glittery LED running lights were all that matter during the holidays.

Mike
And that's worse than halos how exactly?

These types of posts are quite amusing. So what if they are comparing it to an old platform? It's what's available to test against. If BMW was concerned, and apparently they're not, they'd update their models more frequently.
quality_sound is offline   United_States
0
      02-18-2010, 01:29 AM   #32
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
 
Drives: Slowly
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: At home

Posts: 2,731
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mikey e90 View Post
Says who? I find it funny how you posted this when 2 posts above you said they think they're not as good as BMWs.

If you think Audis are so awesome why don't you sell your BMW and drive an Audi instead.

Opinions are opinions. There is no "consensus" just a group of people who think one thing and another who think otherwise.
I'd say the consensus is pretty much every comparison that's ever been written. VWAG has consistently ranked at the top in interior design, fit, and finish for quite some time now.

Way to get all defensive with the "If you think Audis are so awesome why don't you sell your BMW and drive an Audi instead." argument. You sound like a petulant child who's going to take his ball and go home.
quality_sound is offline   United_States
0
      02-18-2010, 01:55 AM   #33
The J-Man
Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denver

Posts: 412
iTrader: (0)

I just ordered a new BMW, but the Audi's do have nicer interiors. Whether or not you like the design, the materials are of higher quality and there is greater attention to detail in the Audi interiors. This has been documented by many car magazines. I remember reading one analysis that broke down the manufacturer cost of the interior materials, and Audi came out ahead. They attributed this to Audi's scale of economy being part of the VW group as the reason it can produce better interiors than BMW and Merc and stay cost competitive.

I must say, though, that the new 7 and 5 series leave little to be desired in terms of interior quality, and I'm sure the next 3 will step it up a notch.

Audi is very unwise to be belittling BMW in their new commercials. The next 3 series is going to obliterate any Audi offering in so many ways as a result.

I think the new 335is is evidence that BMW as a company has an ego and does not like to be in second place (to the S4). Most car companies would have waited until the next generation to one up the competition, but BMW came out with the stop gap 335is in hopes it will beat the S4 in the magazine comparos until the F30 platform arrives.
The J-Man is offline  
0
      02-18-2010, 04:16 AM   #34
footie
Major General
 
footie's Avatar
 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

Posts: 7,507
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
The only think that we need to know about Audi is that they sell less vehicles as a brand than the 3-Series alone.
I take it you are talking about sales in the US?

If so then I whole-heartedly agree with you, Audi isn't that strong sales wise to what BMW are doing, but then again BMW are only buying business through selling their products at a greatly reduced price. In fact if they didn't do this then as a company BMW sales worldwide would be far smaller than Audi which is only a branch of parent company VW. So while it's correct to say what you did there are commerical reason for this fact.

As for the differences between both brands and which is better, I don't believe either brand is better than the other and it's always down to personal opinion.

Last edited by footie; 02-18-2010 at 04:24 AM.
footie is offline   No_Country
0
      02-18-2010, 05:04 AM   #35
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
 
southlight's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Germany

Posts: 6,748
iTrader: (0)

Thread moved. Just so everybody knows, I'll keep an eye on this thread.


Best regards,
south
__________________
Those forums...WHY NOT?


JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
southlight is offline  
0
      02-18-2010, 05:24 AM   #36
templarklimek
templarklimek
 
Drives: 13' X6M, 14' M6 CP, M235 OTW
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Houston Texas

Posts: 726
iTrader: (0)

I have a S5 and a X6 50i. I used to have a M3 but went to the S5. The reason is mainly the interior. No doubts the BMW's have quality interior but they are to a degree sterile. I disliked the double hump design. It made the nav. seem an afterthought. Now, I noticed the X6 interior looks much better.
I am very pleased with it. The Z4 offers the next gen interior as well, also much improved.

Having said that the M3 has by FAR a better engine. It's a sheer blast to drive. I still think about going back to one. The S5 offers a more refined look inside and out. I can't wait to see what BMW does with the next 6.

On the plus side, them competing is good for us. Better products, more innovation, etc.
templarklimek is offline   United_States
0
      02-18-2010, 09:13 AM   #37
Kyoshi71
Colonel
 
Kyoshi71's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York

Posts: 2,528
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by contempt View Post
It's free, just tip the old guy at the lot a few dollars. I go twice a month for lunch and they now accept debit cards.
DEBIT CARDS!!! Awesome!! I usually suffer from Lugar's anxienty. That's when you have a pocket full of cash (because for all that dont know, they dont take plastic) and regardless of how much you bring, you wonder if the wine just put you over your limit!
Kyoshi71 is offline  
0
      02-18-2010, 09:21 AM   #38
Muffnbluff
Redline Addict
 
Muffnbluff's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 BMW 335is
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: STL

Posts: 782
iTrader: (0)

It's a commercial, who cares? My fiance tried giving me a hard time when she saw the commercial, but it doesn't bother me. I love my car, I don't feel a need to make others love it too.
Muffnbluff is offline  
0
      02-18-2010, 09:35 AM   #39
Dieselino
Lieutenant
 
Dieselino's Avatar
 
Drives: 03 LSB M3 06 M coupe 08 M3 SG
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Detroit

Posts: 592
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mikey e90 View Post
Audi has the best interiors? That's an opinion. Just like mine. But I'm not going to say your smoking something because I respect other peoples opinions.
Their designs being the best yes is an opinion because design is always subjective. But their fit and finish and execution being the best, is NOT an opinion its a fact. If you were in the industry I would not have to argue this with you and Im not going to continue.
Dieselino is offline  
0
      02-18-2010, 11:40 AM   #40
graider
Colonel
 
graider's Avatar
 
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: toronto

Posts: 2,408
iTrader: (0)

i think their PR tactic is cheesy. Very risky move cause it may backfire.

I guess their PR dep was thinking "if Huyndai could call bmw out, why wouldn't we do it too". LOL
graider is offline  
0
      02-18-2010, 11:47 AM   #41
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
 
southlight's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Germany

Posts: 6,748
iTrader: (0)

We have two threads on the same topic. Hence I close this one and encourage everyone to continue here: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=352776


Best regards,
south
__________________
Those forums...WHY NOT?


JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
southlight is offline  
0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:27 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST