BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-16-2010, 09:26 PM   #45
Scorpion
Major
 
Drives: Nothing
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nowhere

Posts: 1,215
iTrader: (0)

I'm feeling the Maserati Granturismo for some reason.
Scorpion is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      02-16-2010, 09:30 PM   #46
/// Yr1of D1///
BMW Technician
 
/// Yr1of D1///'s Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern VA

Posts: 829
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to /// Yr1of D1///
R8
/// Yr1of D1/// is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-17-2010, 04:28 AM   #47
KWY91
Major
 
KWY91's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 (on order), 458
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Exeter, Devon

Posts: 1,299
iTrader: (3)

I'll have to go with the Audi R8, Just can't love the rear of the Maser
__________________
Wanna know my mods for my 335i? It's here! http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ght=blue+water

Lamborghini's Mica Orange E93 M3
Akrapovic Exhaust //Challenge Rear CF diffuser//ESS VT-575 Supercharger
KWY91 is offline   Singapore
0
Reply With Quote
      02-17-2010, 05:17 AM   #48
Levi
Brigadier General
 
Levi's Avatar
 
Drives: Alfa Romeo
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Prague

Posts: 3,244
iTrader: (0)

Maserati sound is better than Audi. That is for sure.
Levi is offline   Czech_Republic
0
Reply With Quote
      02-17-2010, 08:55 AM   #49
graider
Colonel
 
graider's Avatar
 
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: toronto

Posts: 2,408
iTrader: (0)

if you are under 40, r8. v10 would be a plus. I'm willing to bet the r8 is more reliable as well.

if you are over 40, Maserati. I just think it fits the older crowd very well. it is a very good looking car, minus the stock rims though.
graider is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-17-2010, 08:58 AM   #50
graider
Colonel
 
graider's Avatar
 
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: toronto

Posts: 2,408
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
German reliability vs Italian reliability

Sexy supercar looks vs Sporty coupe looks

Arguably one of the greatest handling cars available vs Good at best

Sorry but was the original question a genuine one in the first place.

Even if the comparison was against the F430 I would still pick the R8 every time.
personally, i would take the f430 over the r8 v10 please, every time too. hehe

i love the look of the f430.
graider is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-17-2010, 08:59 AM   #51
graider
Colonel
 
graider's Avatar
 
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: toronto

Posts: 2,408
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
They are not the same, nor are their chassis. The R8 is a superior car in every way apart from image.
strangely, i would take the r8 over the lambo. the lambo just doesn't look as good, except if you are talking about the murci.
graider is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-17-2010, 09:21 AM   #52
gonzo
Brigadier General
 
gonzo's Avatar
 
Drives: as many as possible
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TeXXXas

Posts: 4,980
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Maserati sound is better than Audi. That is for sure.
Really?

gonzo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-17-2010, 09:23 AM   #53
footie
Major General
 
footie's Avatar
 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

Posts: 7,507
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
strangely, i would take the r8 over the lambo. the lambo just doesn't look as good, except if you are talking about the murci.
Image is something entirely different to that of looks, I much prefer the look of the R8 too but wish it have the image of a Lamborghini.
footie is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      02-17-2010, 09:39 AM   #54
footie
Major General
 
footie's Avatar
 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

Posts: 7,507
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
personally, i would take the f430 over the r8 v10 please, every time too. hehe

i love the look of the f430.
I too like the F430, it's an amazingly exciting thing to pilot but only on the odd occasion because it never returns to a normal car when you aren't wanting to thrash the living daylights out of it unlike the R8 which has a split personality, composed and relaxing when you want it to be and equally exciting when the occasion calls for it. I place the F430 very much in the same sector as the GT3, i.e. a weekend car and nothing else, where as I rate the R8 as similar to a 997Turbo, something beyond the normal when someone is asked what a supercar is or should be.
footie is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      02-17-2010, 12:21 PM   #55
graider
Colonel
 
graider's Avatar
 
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: toronto

Posts: 2,408
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
I too like the F430, it's an amazingly exciting thing to pilot but only on the odd occasion because it never returns to a normal car when you aren't wanting to thrash the living daylights out of it unlike the R8 which has a split personality, composed and relaxing when you want it to be and equally exciting when the occasion calls for it. I place the F430 very much in the same sector as the GT3, i.e. a weekend car and nothing else, where as I rate the R8 as similar to a 997Turbo, something beyond the normal when someone is asked what a supercar is or should be.
that I agree. r8 v10...damn.
graider is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-17-2010, 08:34 PM   #56
gshb
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: slow
Join Date: May 2006
Location: LA

Posts: 363
iTrader: (0)

the only reason this question exists is because we cant get the v12 vantage
gshb is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-17-2010, 10:07 PM   #57
shipill
Major
 
Drives: E350 Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,285
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
I'm feeling the Maserati Granturismo for some reason.
+1
shipill is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-17-2010, 10:27 PM   #58
ianbiz
4th E90
 
ianbiz's Avatar
 
Drives: German
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Melbourne/Orlando, Florida

Posts: 5,136
iTrader: (7)

Send a message via AIM to ianbiz
GT use or track?

Honestly I'd be in any lambo or F-car before an R8. I'd have a Maserati over the R8 strictly cause its sooo much more rare.
__________________
Ian
06 325 06 330 06 330 07 335 11 335 Msport
ianbiz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-17-2010, 10:28 PM   #59
Jaydon Fabulous
Private
 
Drives: 2007 z4 3.0si coupe
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: naperville,il

Posts: 92
iTrader: (2)

Maserati hands down. I'm baffled by how many people are picking the Audi v8 or v 10.
Jaydon Fabulous is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-17-2010, 10:44 PM   #60
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
 
lux.sh's Avatar
 
Drives: fast around corners.
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Curves

Posts: 4,860
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
German reliability vs Italian reliability

Sexy supercar looks vs Sporty coupe looks

Arguably one of the greatest handling cars available vs Good at best

Sorry but was the original question a genuine one in the first place.

Even if the comparison was against the F430 I would still pick the R8 every time.
Looking at all the threads you've created, you truly are an Audi/VW Fanboy.
__________________
06 AW E90 330i ZPP/ZSP/Step/Expired Warranty

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
lux.sh is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2010, 12:18 PM   #61
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
 
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tampa, FL

Posts: 4,765
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux.sh View Post
Looking at all the threads you've created, you truly are an Audi/VW Fanboy.
lol i've noticed this too
__________________
Stop putting stuff like painted reflectors and premium package in your signature. You're embarrassing.
TK-421 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST