BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
ESS Tuning
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-02-2010, 02:41 PM   #1
chuck92103
Major
23

 
chuck92103's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 535i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Socal


Posts: 1,209
iTrader: (0)

Here is one way to get Toyota to take back your car!

A Baton Rouge, LA man tried to return his recalled Toyota Tundra that he bought last March. When the dealership offered to fix the truck and provide a loaner car until the car was fixed, but would not accept a return on the truck. The customer declined the offer and left the building. Police say that the customer then drove his truck into the side of the dealership, causing considerable damage to both the truck and the building.

The customer claimed that, you guessed it, his accelerator became stuck and caused the crash. Police added the accelerator was not stuck when they examined the truck after the crash, but they could not find any evidence that the crash was intentional. The driver was not ticketed. A Baton Rouge, LA man tried to return his recalled Toyota Tundra that he bought last March. When the dealership offered to fix the truck and provide a loaner car until the car was fixed, but would not accept a return on the truck. The customer declined the offer and left the building. Police say that the customer then drove his truck into the side of the dealership, causing considerable damage to both the truck and the building.

The customer claimed that, you guessed it, his accelerator became stuck and caused the crash. Police added the accelerator was not stuck when they examined the truck after the crash, but they could not find any evidence that the crash was intentional. The driver was not ticketed.



http://www.wafb.com/global/Category....partnerclipid=
__________________
2011 535i
2008 VW GTI
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 02:52 PM   #2
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
197

 
BMW F22's Avatar
 
Drives: ///M235i
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Around the Bay


Posts: 8,369
iTrader: (8)

I'm sure many people have thought about that. Based on a line from the fast & furious "the only thing separating a normal person from a criminal is one bad judgment call". It is kinda scary though cus you never know if your car is like that. I've noticed that the accelerator on my brother's 08 camry sucks donkey balls. It lags so much and sometimes would kind of get stuck (like a little bit sticky- just a bit). FWIW, the moment the new cars came out (highlander, camry, etc.), I looked at them and knew right away the quality has gone down. Their cars just look so cheap and plain now (more so than in the past). I'm actually more inclined to Ford and Chevy now than Honda or Toyota.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 02:58 PM   #3
chuck92103
Major
23

 
chuck92103's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 535i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Socal


Posts: 1,209
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E90 View Post
I'm sure many people have thought about that. Based on a line from the fast & furious "the only thing separating a normal person from a criminal is one bad judgment call". It is kinda scary though cus you never know if your car is like that. I've noticed that the accelerator on my brother's 08 camry sucks donkey balls. It lags so much and sometimes would kind of get stuck (like a little bit sticky- just a bit). FWIW, the moment the new cars came out (highlander, camry, etc.), I looked at them and knew right away the quality has gone down. Their cars just look so cheap and plain now (more so than in the past). I'm actually more inclined to Ford and Chevy now than Honda or Toyota.
My friend's went to Lexus to buy a IS hybrid a few weeks ago. They were given a car to drive for 3 hours. When they return to the dealer, they said the car is not a Lexus. Bad gas mileage, lousy drive, no power, and not comfortable.

Swearing never to even consider an American car, they did stop by a Ford dealership. The got a Ford Fusion Hybrid for 3 hours.

They said Fusion was $6k cheaper than the Lexus, was more comfortable, had more power, and got 35MPG city. When they returned to the dealer they bought Fusion over a Lexus.

I think if more consumers were objective, Ford would be selling a lot more cars. The Lexus relentless pursuit of perfection ended about 8 years ago.
__________________
2011 535i
2008 VW GTI
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 03:17 PM   #4
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
197

 
BMW F22's Avatar
 
Drives: ///M235i
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Around the Bay


Posts: 8,369
iTrader: (8)

^ Exactly. Growing up I always heard things like "buy japanese cars because they're more reliable, better quality, etc." Well that might have been true in the past but nowadays many auto makers are making quality cars and some are even better than say Toyota or Honda. I really don't like the line-up of toyota and honda right now. There's nothing they have that I would wanna buy. I compared my brother's 08 with an 02 I used to drive and the 02's quality, IMO, is better (better look, better feel, materials, etc.) The newer cars look and feel cheap. The new Lexus HS hybrid looks like a freaking Corolla that's all decked out in fancy stuff. I mean you could dress up a duck- even put lipstick on it- but it's still gonna be a duck.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 03:42 PM   #5
immiketoo
Colonel
68

 
immiketoo's Avatar
 
Drives: Smoothly
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chicago Burbs


Posts: 2,873
iTrader: (0)

This is where all the really loose tolerances on US made cars have prevented recalls for sticking anything! I cant get the trim on my Dodge van to stay stuck to the interior at all. They should call Toyota...
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 06:25 PM   #6
Dan in PA
Captain
United_States
17

 
Dan in PA's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PA


Posts: 730
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by immiketoo View Post
This is where all the really loose tolerances on US made cars have prevented recalls for sticking anything! I cant get the trim on my Dodge van to stay stuck to the interior at all. They should call Toyota...


Hah, my Dodge truck was like that too. I know it's a truck and not a luxury sedan but come on, at least make the plastic stay stuck to the doors!
__________________
2013 BMW Z4 sDrive35i|DCT|M-Sport|iDrive|Premium Sound|Heated Seats|Comfort Access|PDC|Deep Sea Blue|Cream
[At the port of exit awaiting a shipping vessel since 8/17/12]
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 06:40 PM   #7
808six
Second Lieutenant
3

 
Drives: AW 335 COUPE
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: HAWAII


Posts: 271
iTrader: (1)

bmw>toyota
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 07:35 PM   #8
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
69

 
.:bHd:.'s Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i MT
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: So Cal


Posts: 1,149
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in PA View Post
Hah, my Dodge truck was like that too. I know it's a truck and not a luxury sedan but come on, at least make the plastic stay stuck to the doors!
Great. I read this a week before getting me truck lol What other problems did you have? Can you pm me please

thanks
__________________

Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 02:23 AM   #9
wj4
Major General
United_States
119

 
Drives: E90 manual 335i
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Burbank, CA


Posts: 7,723
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to wj4
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck92103 View Post
My friend's went to Lexus to buy a IS hybrid a few weeks ago. They were given a car to drive for 3 hours. When they return to the dealer, they said the car is not a Lexus. Bad gas mileage, lousy drive, no power, and not comfortable.

Swearing never to even consider an American car, they did stop by a Ford dealership. The got a Ford Fusion Hybrid for 3 hours.

They said Fusion was $6k cheaper than the Lexus, was more comfortable, had more power, and got 35MPG city. When they returned to the dealer they bought Fusion over a Lexus.

I think if more consumers were objective, Ford would be selling a lot more cars. The Lexus relentless pursuit of perfection ended about 8 years ago.
There's an IS hybrid? I thought the only hybrid Lexus has to offer how is the HS or whatever that weird 4 door thing is.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 03:20 AM   #10
jhv
Lieutenant General
No_Country
425

 
jhv's Avatar
 
Drives: Every Day
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles


Posts: 17,307
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808six View Post
bmw>toyota
me>you
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 10:05 AM   #11
chuck92103
Major
23

 
chuck92103's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 535i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Socal


Posts: 1,209
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
There's an IS hybrid? I thought the only hybrid Lexus has to offer how is the HS or whatever that weird 4 door thing is.
Your right I meant HS. The Corolla looking one.
__________________
2011 535i
2008 VW GTI
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 12:14 PM   #12
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
237

 
Jeff@TopGearSolutions's Avatar
 
Drives: C6 Z06, GSXR-750, 09 335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: TopGearSolutions.com


Posts: 18,039
iTrader: (32)

Send a message via AIM to Jeff@TopGearSolutions
I feel like you said the samething twice, or I just have double vision.

Regardless funny story.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 12:25 PM   #13
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
69

 
Drives: .
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: .


Posts: 4,643
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
me>you
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 01:07 PM   #14
2000gsr
First Lieutenant
Canada
5

 
2000gsr's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Toronto, ON


Posts: 365
iTrader: (0)

I would still buy a toyota or honda over gm or ford anyday of the week!
__________________
http://www.m3post.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=44350&dateline=125013  4806
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 03:48 PM   #15
jhv
Lieutenant General
No_Country
425

 
jhv's Avatar
 
Drives: Every Day
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles


Posts: 17,307
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawaaz View Post
nawaaz! youre a moderator now?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 04:12 PM   #16
chuck92103
Major
23

 
chuck92103's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 535i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Socal


Posts: 1,209
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000gsr View Post
I would still buy a toyota or honda over gm or ford anyday of the week!
No doubt. Most consumers are oblivious to safety or reliability issues.
__________________
2011 535i
2008 VW GTI
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 04:39 PM   #17
MisterSkiMask
Lieutenant Colonel
35

 
Drives: I Can not say
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: you must not know


Posts: 1,940
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck92103 View Post
My friend's went to Lexus to buy a IS hybrid a few weeks ago. They were given a car to drive for 3 hours. When they return to the dealer, they said the car is not a Lexus. Bad gas mileage, lousy drive, no power, and not comfortable.

Swearing never to even consider an American car, they did stop by a Ford dealership. The got a Ford Fusion Hybrid for 3 hours.

They said Fusion was $6k cheaper than the Lexus, was more comfortable, had more power, and got 35MPG city. When they returned to the dealer they bought Fusion over a Lexus.

I think if more consumers were objective, Ford would be selling a lot more cars. The Lexus relentless pursuit of perfection ended about 8 years ago.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 06:36 PM   #18
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
No_Country
49

 
radix's Avatar
 
Drives: -
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: -


Posts: 896
iTrader: (0)

Funny story, but the article repeats. Funny story, but the article repeats.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 07:47 PM   #19
housefull
Guest

 
Drives:


Posts: n/a
They said Fusion was $6k cheaper than the Lexus, was more comfortable, had more power, and got 35MPG city. When they returned to the dealer they bought Fusion over a Lexus.
ThankS!!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 07:52 PM   #20
Blake
Banned
No_Country
175

 
Drives: Chevy Aveo
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parent's Basement


Posts: 4,651
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by radix View Post
Funny story, but the article repeats. Funny story, but the article repeats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by radix View Post
Funny story, but the article repeats. Funny story, but the article repeats.
redundancy is redundant
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 09:09 PM   #21
alpha325i
this chick >
United_States
8

 
alpha325i's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 328i
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: USA


Posts: 262
iTrader: (1)

haha, yup...All-Star Toyota, five minutes from my house. Some people down here are a little throwed...
__________________
Life's short, live fast ... drive a BMW

E90 325i - totaled 03/17/10 (R.I.P.)
E92 328i - took delivery 04/02/10
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 10:01 PM   #22
ghosthi32
Banned
25

 
Drives: Water camel
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: strait of hormuz


Posts: 2,516
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by housefull View Post
They said Fusion was $6k cheaper than the Lexus, was more comfortable, had more power, and got 35MPG city. When they returned to the dealer they bought Fusion over a Lexus.
ThankS!!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST