BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-27-2010, 01:45 AM   #177
VanM3Lover
First Lieutenant
 
VanM3Lover's Avatar
 
Drives: 4.0 V8
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Van

Posts: 395
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
Gents, I've put through my 2011 M3 ZCP order, for April Delivery, and I can confirm the following:

1. 19" GTS Wheels but in Silver
2. EDC Upgrade
3. 10MM Lower Springs

Its priced at approx. $4500 Canadian IIRC.

Few more notes -- as Mark and I have been sharing our dialogue with BMW Canada:

1. Frozen Grey is available, but not until August Production, as the UK has all of the Frozen Grey spots until then. Apparently, in March, the UK will receive a Frozen Grey edition..don't know the contents except colour.

2. Black Trim (Grill, Exhaust, etc) from the 2010 Edition Model is NOT available..the supplier ended production and they won't do one-offs anymore. I pressed and pressed, but no dice..

3. Black GTS wheels ARE available, but not until August production (IE after the GTS are delivered to customers)

4. Other note: I tried ordering the BMW Performance seats as an individual item, to no avail.

Hope this helps everyone..
The 19" M wheels cost $2000 CAD, if the GTS wheels were available as a standalone option it would cost ~$3000. So it comes down to $1500 for new EDC setting and 10mm lower ride height. Some people may spend the extra 1500 just to get the package and some may not. If it were me, I would spend the extra $1500 to get the whole package.
VanM3Lover is offline  
0
      01-28-2010, 12:46 AM   #178
Jack28
HUSTLER
 
Jack28's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3-E92 M3
Join Date: May 2006
Location: So/Ca Los Angeles

Posts: 1,319
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Jack28
Can't wait for the official release.... It would've been nice to get the GTS 19's in black... wow zcp is gonna be sweet on the e92 M3... For me it is going to be worth the wait.... ill be ordering my e92 M3 in April...
__________________

E92 M3 ZCP- AW/FR w/Extended Leather) Packages: ZCP, 6MT, Fully Loaded
E46 M3 - AW/IR 6 Spd, Fully Loaded. 19'' BBS LM DBK, V-CSL C/F Bmpr, Botld, Diff, V-CSL Custum IR-CF Center Counsel, V-GTR Hood, Dixis Ti 76mm, Meisterschaft Ti Sec. 1&2, EvoSport Headers, CAI, D/A Chip, tck d/a, Alcantera Headliner with Imola Red Sttitching....

Last edited by Jack28; 01-28-2010 at 12:54 AM.
Jack28 is offline  
0
      01-28-2010, 01:20 AM   #179
zibawal
Major
 
Drives: 2012 X5D
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SFO BAY AREA

Posts: 1,048
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanM3Lover View Post
The 19" M wheels cost $2000 CAD, if the GTS wheels were available as a standalone option it would cost ~$3000. So it comes down to $1500 for new EDC setting and 10mm lower ride height. Some people may spend the extra 1500 just to get the package and some may not. If it were me, I would spend the extra $1500 to get the whole package.
kevin! are there any anticipated incentives coming up, purchase or lease 2010 m3s?
zibawal is offline   United_States
0
      01-28-2010, 01:32 AM   #180
Irb Digital
Lieutenant
 
Irb Digital's Avatar
 
Drives: ///M E90 MANual Jerez
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: FL

Posts: 458
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Irb Digital
I'm surprised they are calling this a "Competition" package. I'm gonna call it how I see it......cut springs, cast wheels with a different design, and a new sport mode on the EDC, to compliment the sport mode that I thought already existed. It looks like an appearance package to me, and I can't imagine any of these competition items, really making an impact in any type of "competition. Where are the brakes, where is the weight loss, where is the power increase (hell, I'd take an air filter). I don't think BMW has gone official yet, with what is coming, but I was hoping for something that would make me want to trade up. The only thing I've read recently that has invoked feelings of an impulse buy, is the possibility of matte colors coming to the U.S. I'm actually bothered by the fact that the C63 is getting the upgrades and improvements from Mercedes in the peformance department. Things like brakes, power from new lightweight engine parts, alcantera, carbon fiber, etc...................///M needs to step it up. While ///M is building SUV's for the next stoplight , AMG is looking like the the real option for the hardcore enthusiast. I'll refrain from discussing the peformance advantage the CTS-V already has. Wake up BMW!
__________________
WAR Hammy/McLaren F1 WDC 2010
Irb Digital is offline   United_States
0
      01-28-2010, 04:39 AM   #181
Levi
Brigadier General
 
Levi's Avatar
 
Drives: Alfa Romeo
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Germany

Posts: 3,208
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irb Digital View Post
I'm surprised they are calling this a "Competition" package. I'm gonna call it how I see it......cut springs, cast wheels with a different design, and a new sport mode on the EDC, to compliment the sport mode that I thought already existed. It looks like an appearance package to me, and I can't imagine any of these competition items, really making an impact in any type of "competition. Where are the brakes, where is the weight loss, where is the power increase (hell, I'd take an air filter). I don't think BMW has gone official yet, with what is coming, but I was hoping for something that would make me want to trade up. The only thing I've read recently that has invoked feelings of an impulse buy, is the possibility of matte colors coming to the U.S. I'm actually bothered by the fact that the C63 is getting the upgrades and improvements from Mercedes in the peformance department. Things like brakes, power from new lightweight engine parts, alcantera, carbon fiber, etc...................///M needs to step it up. While ///M is building SUV's for the next stoplight , AMG is looking like the the real option for the hardcore enthusiast. I'll refrain from discussing the peformance advantage the CTS-V already has. Wake up BMW!
I think you have to wake up. Ever heard of M3 GTS with "brakes, power from new lightweight engine parts, alcantera, carbon fiber, etc...." ? A "real option for the hardcore enthusiast" The C 63 AMG Performance an the CTS-V Coupe will never even come close to M3 GTS. M3 GTS is in 911 GT3, Gallardo Superleggera and 430 Scuderia league.
Levi is offline   Germany
0
      01-28-2010, 10:42 AM   #182
///M Rakete
Rocket Scientist
 
///M Rakete's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 2010 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: California

Posts: 855
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
M3 GTS is in 911 GT3, Gallardo Superleggera and 430 Scuderia league.
Let's see, can we buy a 911 GT3, preferably RS? Check.

Gallardo Superleggera? Check.

430 Scuderia? Check.

BMW M3 GTS? No, sold out, not available here, etc.

Now I'm not ready to dump the M3 for a C63 or a CTS-V, the M3's handling still acquits itself quite well. But...

I think that is the point.
__________________
2010 BMW M3 Coupe M-DCT w/Tech-EDC, BMW M Performance Exhaust, BPM: Stage I / Euro MDM / DCT / Steering, Space Gray / Fox Red Extended, and a Trunk Monkey known as "Der Stig", plus the daily driver...
2011 BMW 135i M Sport DCT, w/BMW Performance Power Kit, Exhaust, and Brake Rotors, Space Gray / Coral Red, known as "Stiggie" with an outlaw F20 "M135i" badge.
///M Rakete is offline   United_States
0
      01-28-2010, 01:11 PM   #183
King Tut
Individual LSB - Rust Brown
 
King Tut's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 BMW M3 Coupe Individual
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Gulf Breeze, FL

Posts: 1,306
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to King Tut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
I think you have to wake up. Ever heard of M3 GTS with "brakes, power from new lightweight engine parts, alcantera, carbon fiber, etc...." ? A "real option for the hardcore enthusiast".
Ever heard of America? You know, where the majority of the members on this site reside. You know the place where the GTS isn't coming and even if it did, the price they would want for it would price it out of the market. I mean seriously 189,450 euros for an M3. No thanks.
__________________
King Tut
2012 BMW M3 Individual: lsb.ridedomain.com
1987 BMW 325is SpecE30: spece30.ridedomain.com
2009 BMW M3 Coupe: Sold e92.ridedomain.com
King Tut is offline   United_States
0
      01-28-2010, 01:12 PM   #184
Jason
Administrator
 
Jason's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA

Posts: 16,448
iTrader: (0)

Please continue all discussion in this thread (which contains official details of the ZCP Competition package):

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=345600
__________________
Check on the Latest BMW News
Become a fan of Bimmerpost Facebook
Follow us on Bimmerpost Twitter
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel

Jason is offline   United_States
0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST