BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-25-2010, 11:59 AM   #111
TLud
Colonel
 
TLud's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Golf R
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas

Posts: 2,280
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawaaz View Post
Gorgeous pics with downtown Houston in the mix.
Thanks, Nawaaz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankzlin79 View Post
Wow! Looks like you were all over downtown today. These pictures are excellent. The quality of the D90 and lens is awesome. After my exam, we'll go on a photo-shoot. I'd like to test out your lens and see what the D5000 can do with it.
Thanks. I'm really glad that I ended up getting the 18-200 mm lens instead of the kit lens. Taking into account its limitations (biggest one is the pincushion effect when photographing architecture at high zoom), it's a nice quality and really versatile lens that really helps a beginner like me. I can't just "see" a shot and know exactly what I need to capture it like more experienced photographers. This lens lets me play around and figure out what works. You're more than welcome to test it out on your camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene-TAIWAN View Post
Wow Houston looks nice!

Never been there.
It's like any city. It's got its really nice parts, and it's got its not so nice parts of town. The best thing about Houston is the people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
Looking good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Great shots. Does the D90 do video?
Thanks again, guys. Yes, the D90 does HD video (720p at 24 fps).
__________________
'09 Interlagos Blue E92 M3 (sold to a good home)
TLud is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2010, 02:04 PM   #112
monsta
Brigadier General
 
monsta's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bergen County, NJ/Y.O, NY

Posts: 3,591
iTrader: (2)

the last pic is WIN!!
__________________

'08 E92 M3 6MT | IB | FR | RAC RG63's | VRS Ti Exhaust | Fabspeed HFC & Xpipe
'09 X5 35d SG/SB
'11 X3 28i AW/CN/FW (wife's car
monsta is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2010, 02:08 PM   #113
Poppin Fresh
Colonel
 
Poppin Fresh's Avatar
 
Drives: With a sunroof and front plate
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bergen County NJ

Posts: 2,128
iTrader: (0)

VERY NICE! Those RAC wheels looks so good in that color. Which RD Sport bumper is that?
__________________
Poppin Fresh is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2010, 02:40 PM   #114
tinpot
Captain
 
Drives: 05 E46 M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston, Texas

Posts: 679
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLud View Post
Posted up some more pics on the first page, but I'll post them here too. Took these with my new D90. Be kind, my camera is far better than my skills.
Very nice pics with a great background!


Quote:
Originally Posted by frankzlin79 View Post
Wow! Looks like you were all over downtown today. These pictures are excellent. The quality of the D90 and lens is awesome. After my exam, we'll go on a photo-shoot. I'd like to test out your lens and see what the D5000 can do with it.

If you guys meet up, let me know. I've been an avid reader of my D5000 for dummies book so I'd like to try out my photography "skills". Iíve been messing around with the stop motion feature, too, which is very cool.
__________________
FOR SALE: Vorsteiner Trunk | Arkym CF Hood (PM me) | Tinted Taillights (PM me) | AutoPower Rollbar (PM Me)
tinpot is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2010, 02:45 PM   #115
TLud
Colonel
 
TLud's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Golf R
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas

Posts: 2,280
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsta View Post
the last pic is WIN!!
Thanks! Btw, I've always loved those moving shots that nMd took of your car and I've wanted to get some of mine for awhile now. The guys I ran into yesterday clearly had some experience with rolling shots and took some amazing pics of my car. I can't wait to post some of them up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppin Fresh View Post
VERY NICE! Those RAC wheels looks so good in that color. Which RD Sport bumper is that?
Thanks, it's the RDSport Stradale (street version).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpot View Post
Very nice pics with a great background!

If you guys meet up, let me know. I've been an avid reader of my D5000 for dummies book so I'd like to try out my photography "skills". I’ve been messing around with the stop motion feature, too, which is very cool.
We'll be sure to keep you posted. I'm still trying to make it through my owner's manual!
__________________
'09 Interlagos Blue E92 M3 (sold to a good home)
TLud is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2010, 03:09 PM   #116
Muffnbluff
Redline Addict
 
Muffnbluff's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 BMW 335is
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: STL

Posts: 782
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLud View Post
Small world! A buddy of mine lives in those town homes right there, so I'm over there once a week or so. Great neighborhood. Too bad I missed you.
Ha, well then I pay the same HOA dues as your buddy, I live in the ones between baldwin and bagby.

He doesn't live in 2517 does he? We almost bought that one.

Make sure to gun it down mcgowen next time you're there so I can hear you inside my house.
Muffnbluff is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2010, 03:15 PM   #117
TLud
Colonel
 
TLud's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Golf R
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas

Posts: 2,280
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffnbluff View Post
Ha, well then I pay the same HOA dues as your buddy, I live in the ones between baldwin and bagby.

He doesn't live in 2517 does he? We almost bought that one.

Make sure to gun it down mcgowen next time you're there so I can hear you inside my house.
He's at 212 Bremond, right on the driveway between Baldwin and Helena. Bought it a couple of years ago. You guys are in a great location and I like the brick exterior.

I try to keep it tame in the ol' neighborhood, but maybe I'll let it loose for ya.
__________________
'09 Interlagos Blue E92 M3 (sold to a good home)
TLud is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2010, 08:56 PM   #118
spicoli024
Lieutenant
 
spicoli024's Avatar
 
Drives: '06 ZCP M3
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 405
iTrader: (0)

Nice pics Tom. I like #7. Funny, I was going to head downtown Sunday and snap some shots too. I had the location of your first pic in mind. I really wanted the skyline in the background. Plus Houston has one of the nicest skylines in the country IMO. I thought underneath Enron Circle might be a cool spot too. Anyway, skipped all that to go house shopping with the gf. I didn't get any pics, but I did have fun driving all over town on a beautiful Sunday afternoon. Maybe I'll get around to pics next weekend. Tag along if you have time. You can log some extra D90 practice hours taking pics of my car too
__________________
///M3
spicoli024 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2010, 09:07 PM   #119
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
 
MMMorish's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 2,836
iTrader: (5)

That last picture is worthy to be in next years M3Post calendar. the D90 is sweet and your 18-200 is a great walkaround lens. Car looks great!
__________________
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
MMMorish is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2010, 10:30 PM   #120
slipstream
Second Lieutenant
 
slipstream's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 LeMans Blue E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: L.A.

Posts: 257
iTrader: (2)

I love the Houston skyline. The Heritage Plaza building is my favorite skyscraper, period. Great job on the photo shoot! Almost makes me miss university days. . . almost.
slipstream is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2010, 11:07 PM   #121
JC919
Lieutenant Colonel
 
JC919's Avatar
 
Drives: CSL
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland

Posts: 1,792
iTrader: (0)

Great pics Tom, also congrats on the D90 purchase, its a terrific camera!!
__________________

2003 CSL, SG and some brake bs
2002 M5, SSII/Blk and bone stock. Stored in TX
2008 M3, AW/Blk 6MT, Akrapovic Evolution, Evosport Pulley, ESS Tune, Michelin PSS/Hoosier, other track stuff SOLD
JC919 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2010, 12:28 AM   #122
TLud
Colonel
 
TLud's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Golf R
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas

Posts: 2,280
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicoli024 View Post
Nice pics Tom. I like #7. Funny, I was going to head downtown Sunday and snap some shots too. I had the location of your first pic in mind. I really wanted the skyline in the background. Plus Houston has one of the nicest skylines in the country IMO. I thought underneath Enron Circle might be a cool spot too. Anyway, skipped all that to go house shopping with the gf. I didn't get any pics, but I did have fun driving all over town on a beautiful Sunday afternoon. Maybe I'll get around to pics next weekend. Tag along if you have time. You can log some extra D90 practice hours taking pics of my car too
I agree that Houston has one of the best skylines in the U.S., and yesterday was a perfect day for taking pictures. I ran into so many people doing the same thing downtown, it got to be pretty funny. Let me know when you want to take some pics and do some driving. I'm down. Enron circle is a great spot, but I think it works best late at night. There's much less traffic then and the lights at night are very cool.

Where are you looking for a house? The wife and I are starting to look around for our second house on the west side of town or in the heights. We'll probably keep and rent out our current house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMorish View Post
That last picture is worthy to be in next years M3Post calendar. the D90 is sweet and your 18-200 is a great walkaround lens. Car looks great!
Thanks again! It's funny how everyone I've shown these pictures to has a different favorite. The 18-200 is a great starter/one-and-done lens. I've already got my eye on a couple of others, but I need to work on my skills first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstream View Post
I love the Houston skyline. The Heritage Plaza building is my favorite skyscraper, period. Great job on the photo shoot! Almost makes me miss university days. . . almost.
Thanks, and I agree about the Heritage Plaza building. It's amazing how it stands out even among the other very original and incredible buildings in downtown Houston. Did you previously live/go to school here in Houston?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC919 View Post
Great pics Tom, also congrats on the D90 purchase, its a terrific camera!!
Loving it so far. You should meet up with Kyle and me -- maybe we can get some nice rolling shots.
__________________
'09 Interlagos Blue E92 M3 (sold to a good home)
TLud is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2010, 03:00 AM   #123
amk6453
Major
 
amk6453's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 Melbourne Red
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SoCal, 90703

Posts: 1,027
iTrader: (20)

Send a message via AIM to amk6453 Send a message via Yahoo to amk6453
very nice and clean!
amk6453 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2010, 11:19 AM   #124
spicoli024
Lieutenant
 
spicoli024's Avatar
 
Drives: '06 ZCP M3
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 405
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLud View Post
Where are you looking for a house? The wife and I are starting to look around for our second house on the west side of town or in the heights. We'll probably keep and rent out our current house.
I do not really have a set area in mind. My objective is to find something with good situs value that I can either fix up and rent out or fix up and call home and hold onto as an investment for a few years. I found a pretty cool house a block from the Galleria. It needs a little work IMO but the location and shell are great. It has a surprisingly large, shaded backyard and a view of Transco Tower at night. The large two car garage is also a plus. Once I manage the funds there will be plenty of room for the CGT
__________________
///M3
spicoli024 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2010, 12:08 PM   #125
JC919
Lieutenant Colonel
 
JC919's Avatar
 
Drives: CSL
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland

Posts: 1,792
iTrader: (0)

^You'd have to learn how to drive a 6MT
__________________

2003 CSL, SG and some brake bs
2002 M5, SSII/Blk and bone stock. Stored in TX
2008 M3, AW/Blk 6MT, Akrapovic Evolution, Evosport Pulley, ESS Tune, Michelin PSS/Hoosier, other track stuff SOLD
JC919 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2010, 12:15 PM   #126
asaulo1
Lieutenant
 
asaulo1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe, alp white
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Santa Clarita, CA.

Posts: 568
iTrader: (0)

those wheels are just sickness.... Cheers....
__________________
"What a car.... what a masterpiece...." Jeremy Clarkson
asaulo1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2010, 02:09 PM   #127
AMPowerJ
One mod leads to another ...
 
AMPowerJ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Blythewood, SC

Posts: 2,467
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLud View Post


Best one of the bunch from a pure photography standpoint. Not sure if you planned the blues, etc. but it came out very nice with the lighting and all.
__________________

Current: 2015 F80 M3 (SS, Full Black Interior, 6MT, LED, Adaptive, 19's) - On Order - 10/28 PCD
Previous: 2013 E92 M3, 2013 F10 M5, 2009 E90 M3, 1998 E36 M3
AMPowerJ is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2010, 02:25 PM   #128
spicoli024
Lieutenant
 
spicoli024's Avatar
 
Drives: '06 ZCP M3
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 405
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC919 View Post
^You'd have to learn how to drive a 6MT
ha, I think 5 years with a manual tranny as a DD was plenty of practice.
__________________
///M3
spicoli024 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2010, 05:44 PM   #129
TLud
Colonel
 
TLud's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Golf R
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas

Posts: 2,280
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicoli024 View Post
I do not really have a set area in mind. My objective is to find something with good situs value that I can either fix up and rent out or fix up and call home and hold onto as an investment for a few years. I found a pretty cool house a block from the Galleria. It needs a little work IMO but the location and shell are great. It has a surprisingly large, shaded backyard and a view of Transco Tower at night. The large two car garage is also a plus. Once I manage the funds there will be plenty of room for the CGT
My next house requires a three car garage for obvious reasons...actually, one obvious reason that starts with the letter "P."

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaulo1 View Post
those wheels are just sickness.... Cheers....
Thanks! If you're interested, there's a second and final group buy for the RG63 wheels wrapping up right now in the Sponsor's section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMPowerJ View Post
Best one of the bunch from a pure photography standpoint. Not sure if you planned the blues, etc. but it came out very nice with the lighting and all.
I expressly picked this location for the blue and red background to match the blue and red on my car. It took awhile to compose the picture the way I wanted, and I waited for 20 minutes for the sun to go behind the clouds to capture this shot, but it was worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicoli024 View Post
ha, I think 5 years with a manual tranny as a DD was plenty of practice.
It's okay, Kyle, I hear the CGT 6MT is very forgiving.
__________________
'09 Interlagos Blue E92 M3 (sold to a good home)
TLud is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2010, 06:08 PM   #130
marty_mcfly
Banned
 
Drives: ???
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cali

Posts: 1,211
iTrader: (3)

what's next on the mods list?
marty_mcfly is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2010, 06:29 PM   #131
TLud
Colonel
 
TLud's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Golf R
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas

Posts: 2,280
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty_mcfly View Post
what's next on the mods list?
Dangerous question. I've been in discussions about possibly adding a supercharger. Other than that possibility, I'm done. I really don't want to take the modding too far, although I'm sure some would say that I already have.
__________________
'09 Interlagos Blue E92 M3 (sold to a good home)
TLud is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2010, 07:00 PM   #132
spicoli024
Lieutenant
 
spicoli024's Avatar
 
Drives: '06 ZCP M3
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 405
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLud View Post
It's okay, Kyle, I hear the CGT 6MT is very forgiving.
I have been doing isolated left leg squats every day since the car was introduced in 2004. It is now 2010. I'm insanely disproportionate and daily life is a challenge, but I hope to be prepared for the CGT when it arrives.
__________________
///M3
spicoli024 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:28 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST