BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

Evolve Automotive

01-05-2010, 09:01 AM   #23
TheKosherStogie
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 08 M3 DCT AW/Red

most stock cars read 310-315 on Gintani's dyno....i never did stock pull on mine...but with the akra exhaust and afe filter i dyno'd at 330whp, just for reference.
Stock w/Rs3 - WSIR 1:33:9 / BW C13 2:03:6 / ACS 1:56:7
KW CS w/Rs3 - WSIR 1:32:8 / BW C13 1:59:2 / ACS 1:55:1
APR Wing/Rs3 - WSIR 1:30:9 / BW C13 1:57:7
TheKosherStogie is offline   United_States
      01-05-2010, 09:27 AM   #24
Lemans_Blue_M
Automotive Industry Insider

Drives: Lemans Blue M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyrusso View Post
most stock cars read 310-315 on Gintani's dyno....i never did stock pull on mine...but with the akra exhaust and afe filter i dyno'd at 330whp, just for reference.
Yes, that is close estimate to what they normally put down, although there are a few stock M3's that have recorded higher numbers. (bone stock)

Ed's numbers are low even if you factor in the normally low readings on that dyno.

These five dyno's done in late December (in excellent atmospheric conditions) with a high performance air filter installed...are not normal. (especially the first two pulls)

Something is up with his car...
      01-05-2010, 11:31 AM   #25
smmmurf
Colonel

Drives: 2009 M3 Sedan 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CIZHP View Post
Some cars need more air than others. Particularly, high revving engines with very high compressions.

That is why this affect will not show consistently across different cars on the same dyno since most cars do not rev over 6500 rpm.

S65 needs more air than most engines (hence the 3 intakes rather than 1).
What I meant was to get data for other E9x M3's on the same dyno.

M3 Sedan LCI - AW/Black - 6MT - no moonroof - no folding seats - RAC RG63 - clear bra by Omega Werks
      01-05-2010, 12:26 PM   #26
M3_LIN
LM-R Whore.

Drives: 2009 White M3 Sedan

Send a message via AIM to M3_LIN Send a message via MSN to M3_LIN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemans_Blue_M View Post
Yea Ed, you are definitely down on power for some reason.

298rwhp? That's equivalent to 28% drivetrain loss...

That's low even for a Dyno Dynamics. (which does read conservative)

Given the 69 degree air temps during these runs, those numbers should be higher.

With a Macht Schnell free-flowing aftermarket air filter (in place of the restrictive stock charcoal-impregnated paper filter) your car should have made some consistent runs in the 315-325 rwhp range on 91 octane fuel.

Again, we aren't talking about 95+ degree temps in the middle of July here.

Yes, I do agree that your 20" wheels did drive your number down a little bit, but a sub 300rwhp number is very low for the E92 M. (in cool weather conditions)

Three of your five dyno pulls were 306 rwhp or less.

Four of your five dyno pulls were 307 rwhp or less. (that eliminates the chances of some random anomaly)

And the worst two pulls average out to ~ 300rwhp. (298 & 301)

That's low dude...

It indicates a pattern.

I suggest that you check your ECU's OBD-II port for any stored engine codes. (and post the results here)

Also make a return trip to the dyno (with your stock wheels installed) to remove the LM-R's from the equation.

I don't believe your 20" wheels are the source of the problem, since they are only 25.3 & 25.5 lbs each. (front and rear)
Well, is it true that our engines get more HP with the engine running hotter? Alex was saying that as the engine gets hotter, the more HP one gets on their M3.

Maybe my filter is filthy. It could be that as well.

Hrmzzz. How do i get the stored engine codes? Is there a way for me to do it myself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyrusso View Post
Yea, thats what Alex at Gintani told me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemans_Blue_M View Post
Yes, that is close estimate to what they normally put down, although there are a few stock M3's that have recorded higher numbers. (bone stock)

Ed's numbers are low even if you factor in the normally low readings on that dyno.

These five dyno's done in late December (in excellent atmospheric conditions) with a high performance air filter installed...are not normal. (especially the first two pulls)

Something is up with his car...
NO CLUE!!! bah! Gotta find out. Or get Megan tuned later.

Ed Lin

09AWE90M: Light headlight tint, Full front end clear bra wrap(Harris@InstyleGraphics), Ceramic tint(40%), Piaa GTX H3 bulb, HID 8k AE, 6k Low, INT Luxer1 lights, RD springs, LMR 20X9 +8, 20X10 +18 (Dave @ Status), Vertice CF hood Ducts(Dat @ VertexUSA), Tecnocraft FULL Envy Intake system+plenum(KEVLAR)+cabin filter covers, Meister GTC exhaust, Arkym F LIP.
M3_LIN is offline   United_States
      01-06-2010, 06:25 PM   #27
E92-Lighting
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

Send a message via AIM to E92-Lighting Send a message via MSN to E92-Lighting Send a message via Yahoo to E92-Lighting Send a message via Skype™ to E92-Lighting
very nice results
      01-14-2010, 06:23 PM   #28
dlbrooks18
Brigadier General

Drives: e90 335i

car looks great man

2008 E90 335