BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Photography/Videography
 
INDustry distribution
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-22-2007, 01:56 AM   #23
Last E92 M3
Lieutenant Colonel
17
Rep
1,507
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M3
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driv3r View Post
hmm, I think You should use that money towards a photo class, im being serious.
Skills is what matters, not your equipment.

BTW ZAINO FTW!
And extra $600 means nothing to me.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2007, 02:53 PM   #24
Driv3r
Colonel
Driv3r's Avatar
United_States
53
Rep
2,358
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 E46 M3 ZCP
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami Beach, FL

iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last E92 M3 View Post
And extra $600 means nothing to me.
well, at least he can say that his camera is Zainoed!

I also think that Zaino came out recently with hair products, for that ultimate smooth and silky shine! You should try it out!
__________________
2006 E46 M3 ZCP 6SPD-Interlagos Blue - 6SPD - SSK - AA Headers -AA Tune - Navigation w/ Splashscreen Mod - 3M Crystalline Series 60 - Carbon Splitters - Swissvax Treated - Bridgestone
2012 Yamaha FZ8 - Matte Black/Grey - Michelin Pilot Pure 2CT - Vortex Rear Sets - Yoshimura R-77D & Fender Delete - Spectro Race Oil - GP Reverse Shifting
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2007, 03:37 PM   #25
Call
Call
Call's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
678
Posts

 
Drives: 08 135i, 08 & 07 X5, 05 MCSC
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Gainesville, GA

iTrader: (0)

Well, guys, I've been following the banter on this thread for a while and find it very interesting. Choosing the right tool always begins with what do you want to do with the tool. Some tools simply allow you to do things; some allow you to do things better; some tools require very little skill to use; still others may have a big learning curve.

Will you be just taking pictures or framing a masterpiece. I would think many of us fit somewhere in between. Some may be happy with the former and some strive for theat one photograph of a lifetime. Any canera can take a picture but only a few can give you the opportunity for greatness. What you do with that opportunity will depend more on your skills of photography but you can not hope to develop those skills without the best camera possible. Some can only spend so much so get the best tool you can afford keeping in mind you want a camera that will allow you to grow.

I owe the Nikon D200 and a number of lens. It was expensive but it encourages me to grow. Just be the best you can be. Don't let what someone else has deminish what you have. Just use it.

Call
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2007, 04:12 PM   #26
diesel007
Not Stock
diesel007's Avatar
United_States
81
Rep
2,774
Posts

 
Drives: 325I
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2006 325  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last E92 M3 View Post
And extra $600 means nothing to me.
In that case send it my way.
__________________
***Wallpaper of the month***

1/1/072/1/07
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2007, 07:02 PM   #27
Last E92 M3
Lieutenant Colonel
17
Rep
1,507
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M3
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel007 View Post
In that case send it my way.
Give me your paypal, I send another $600 right away!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2007, 07:04 PM   #28
Last E92 M3
Lieutenant Colonel
17
Rep
1,507
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M3
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call View Post
Well, guys, I've been following the banter on this thread for a while and find it very interesting. Choosing the right tool always begins with what do you want to do with the tool. Some tools simply allow you to do things; some allow you to do things better; some tools require very little skill to use; still others may have a big learning curve.

Will you be just taking pictures or framing a masterpiece. I would think many of us fit somewhere in between. Some may be happy with the former and some strive for theat one photograph of a lifetime. Any canera can take a picture but only a few can give you the opportunity for greatness. What you do with that opportunity will depend more on your skills of photography but you can not hope to develop those skills without the best camera possible. Some can only spend so much so get the best tool you can afford keeping in mind you want a camera that will allow you to grow.

I owe the Nikon D200 and a number of lens. It was expensive but it encourages me to grow. Just be the best you can be. Don't let what someone else has deminish what you have. Just use it.

Call
I am just happy with D200 and plus, it was the only thing that I could get and didn't want to bother waiting for the shipment to come in and etc.

I may not be the professional photographer but I am enjoying every second with my camera.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2007, 09:00 PM   #29
teknochild
Your resident 4um troll
teknochild's Avatar
37
Rep
2,021
Posts

 
Drives: 335 coupe
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: fl

iTrader: (0)

there are some places selling the d80 suposedly brand new for <400$
like http://www.expresscameras.com/prodet...0700&display=2

or http://www.century21electronics.com/...?prodid=390010

wtf?
__________________
RAWRrrrr
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2007, 10:11 PM   #30
Last E92 M3
Lieutenant Colonel
17
Rep
1,507
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M3
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

that's just body but it looks still cheap as @#$%

something is definately wrong(?)
help us out, anyone?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2007, 10:20 PM   #31
teknochild
Your resident 4um troll
teknochild's Avatar
37
Rep
2,021
Posts

 
Drives: 335 coupe
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: fl

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last E92 M3 View Post
that's just body but it looks still cheap as @#$%

something is definately wrong(?)
help us out, anyone?
yea i know but msrp for just the body is 1k...

i cant help but think it would be like a knockoff or something, but there are several places selling for that cheap O_o

i know you get what you pay for most of the time, but sometimes there ARE amazing deals to be had on the net, but these are just too O_o
__________________
RAWRrrrr
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2007, 11:05 PM   #32
Last E92 M3
Lieutenant Colonel
17
Rep
1,507
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M3
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknochild View Post
yea i know but msrp for just the body is 1k...

i cant help but think it would be like a knockoff or something, but there are several places selling for that cheap O_o

i know you get what you pay for most of the time, but sometimes there ARE amazing deals to be had on the net, but these are just too O_o
i would be pissed if i had D80 instead of D200 and this is the real deal.
you save couple hundreds right away!

sounds fishy but anyone wanna give it a try?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2007, 11:17 PM   #33
teknochild
Your resident 4um troll
teknochild's Avatar
37
Rep
2,021
Posts

 
Drives: 335 coupe
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: fl

iTrader: (0)

heh i think i found out why their prices are so cheap

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Express_Cameras
__________________
RAWRrrrr
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2007, 11:32 PM   #34
bmwexecutive
Banned
bmwexecutive's Avatar
71
Rep
2,453
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: East Coast

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknochild View Post
heh i think i found out why their prices are so cheap

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Express_Cameras
Bingo.

Most people never check resellerratings.com and end up getting screwed over. Whenever I see something online that I'm looking to purchase and the price looks too good to be true I check resellerratings.com. More often than not it is.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2007, 11:42 PM   #35
teknochild
Your resident 4um troll
teknochild's Avatar
37
Rep
2,021
Posts

 
Drives: 335 coupe
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: fl

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwexecutive View Post
Bingo.

Most people never check resellerratings.com and end up getting screwed over. Whenever I see something online that I'm looking to purchase and the price looks too good to be true I check resellerratings.com. More often than not it is.
they would have much better luck selling for like 600-650 atleast thats almost belivable, i know you can get them for 750 from reputable places
__________________
RAWRrrrr
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:35 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST