BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery
 
BPM Sport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-03-2010, 03:42 AM   #67
frankzlin79
Lieutenant Colonel
 
frankzlin79's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston, Texas

Posts: 1,619
iTrader: (5)

Hey Tlud. Been so busy studying for the stupid patent bar that I haven't read the forums lately.

I like what you have done. I saw the car with all your mods sans wheels. But now that you have the new wheels, it makes the exterior complete. The car will definitely turn even more heads now. And I thought my car was the hottest E92 in town...I guess not anymore...doh.

Speaking of license plates, I stole the mirror image of your plate. I liked your plate so much that the only thing I could do was to get the second best thing: M3 E92.

We'll go on a photoshoot with my D5000 when it's fixed again. It just recently suffered a complete loss of power. I did some research and there was actually a recall on the camera issued around in July for the problem I'm experiencing. So I need to send it back and get it fixed (Nikon pays shipping both ways).

EDIT: Ha...looks like Tinpot was posting his message a split second before I posted mine. We can use both mine and Tinpot's D5000 on the next photoshoot ha ha.
frankzlin79 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2010, 11:28 AM   #68
Olagüe
Brigadier General
 
Olagüe's Avatar
 
Drives: 333i e92
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New York City

Posts: 4,209
iTrader: (0)

nicee!
Olagüe is offline   Spain
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2010, 01:43 PM   #69
TLud
Colonel
 
TLud's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Golf R
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas

Posts: 2,280
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMorish View Post
Of all the research I've done in the last 3 months or so, the D90 kept popping up in all the reviews as the clear winner over the competition (I must have read at least a dozen pro reviews). Black's was having a sale that I just couldn't pass up and I pulled the trigger on it today.

Got the D90 body, Nikkor VR 18-105mm lens, 1 year extended warranty, Nikon bag, 125 free digital prints, and a 7" Sony digital pic frame all for $1279 Canadian. Sale ends tomorrow. Check it out at your local Blacks if you get the chance.
That sounds like an awesome deal from everything I've seen. I've never even heard of Black's before. Do they have any stores in the US?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpot View Post
Tom – the wheels look AMAZING!

I bought myself a Nikon D5000 for xmas so I look forward to taking pics at the next Houston meet
Thanks! Everyone is jumping on the DSLR ship. I need to get one soon. In the meantime, I'll just rely on you guys! Hope you had a good vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankzlin79 View Post
Hey Tlud. Been so busy studying for the stupid patent bar that I haven't read the forums lately.

I like what you have done. I saw the car with all your mods sans wheels. But now that you have the new wheels, it makes the exterior complete. The car will definitely turn even more heads now. And I thought my car was the hottest E92 in town...I guess not anymore...doh.

Speaking of license plates, I stole the mirror image of your plate. I liked your plate so much that the only thing I could do was to get the second best thing: M3 E92.

We'll go on a photoshoot with my D5000 when it's fixed again. It just recently suffered a complete loss of power. I did some research and there was actually a recall on the camera issued around in July for the problem I'm experiencing. So I need to send it back and get it fixed (Nikon pays shipping both ways).

EDIT: Ha...looks like Tinpot was posting his message a split second before I posted mine. We can use both mine and Tinpot's D5000 on the next photoshoot ha ha.
Good luck on the PB exam. When are you taking it?

If Blake ends up selling his M3, I'll probably try to take his vanity plate, and you can have mine. What background did you get for your plate?

I saw the recall issue during my research. The D5000 seems like a great camera, especially for the money, but that issue discouraged me from going that route. At least it's completely covered. Looking forward to doing a photoshoot with you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olagüe View Post
nicee!
Thanks!
__________________
'09 Interlagos Blue E92 M3 (sold to a good home)
TLud is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2010, 01:47 PM   #70
OC ///M
Dr. Octagon
 
OC ///M's Avatar
 
Drives: Moonstone e92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: So Cal

Posts: 1,815
iTrader: (0)

Tlud:

Beautiful wheels on a beautiful car!

I love the combo you chose.
__________________
OC ///M

2013 E92 M3 Individual
Sold: 2011 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Into a Wall: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2007 E92 335i JB
OC ///M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2010, 05:28 PM   #71
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
 
MMMorish's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 2,836
iTrader: (5)

I'm not sure if there are any Black's Photography in the states, now that you mention it. They're pretty big here.
__________________
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
MMMorish is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2010, 11:37 PM   #72
TLud
Colonel
 
TLud's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Golf R
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas

Posts: 2,280
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC kid View Post
Tlud:

Beautiful wheels on a beautiful car!

I love the combo you chose.
Thanks, OC. Been a big fan of your car as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMorish View Post
I'm not sure if there are any Black's Photography in the states, now that you mention it. They're pretty big here.
Yeah, doesn't look like there are any south of the border. I've decided to get the D90, just waiting to find the best deal now.
__________________
'09 Interlagos Blue E92 M3 (sold to a good home)
TLud is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2010, 12:56 AM   #73
frankzlin79
Lieutenant Colonel
 
frankzlin79's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston, Texas

Posts: 1,619
iTrader: (5)

What is Blake's vanity plate?
frankzlin79 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2010, 01:35 AM   #74
frankzlin79
Lieutenant Colonel
 
frankzlin79's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston, Texas

Posts: 1,619
iTrader: (5)

And I got the plain solid white background from the regular DMV website (not myplates). I remember it was really hard to find just a plain white background...I didn't want to choose a University, Org, or Sports team, etc. I remember buried in an unobvious link, I was able to get just the plain solid white background. Looks good on my AW car.

But if I could go back, I'd get it from Myplates.com since they offer a black background plate with white letters. That would look sweet on my car too.
frankzlin79 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2010, 11:35 AM   #75
TLud
Colonel
 
TLud's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Golf R
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas

Posts: 2,280
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankzlin79 View Post
What is Blake's vanity plate?
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankzlin79 View Post
And I got the plain solid white background from the regular DMV website (not myplates). I remember it was really hard to find just a plain white background...I didn't want to choose a University, Org, or Sports team, etc. I remember buried in an unobvious link, I was able to get just the plain solid white background. Looks good on my AW car.

But if I could go back, I'd get it from Myplates.com since they offer a black background plate with white letters. That would look sweet on my car too.
Blake has V8 M3, which was my first choice. I think either black numbers on a solid white background or white numbers on a black background would look good on your car. Doing it through the DMV is also a lot cheaper.
__________________
'09 Interlagos Blue E92 M3 (sold to a good home)
TLud is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2010, 04:13 PM   #76
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
 
MMMorish's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 2,836
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLud View Post
Yeah, doesn't look like there are any south of the border. I've decided to get the D90, just waiting to find the best deal now.
Good choice. I haven't had the chance to use mine just yet as I'm waiting to get my SD cards back from a friend, but trust me when I say that I did a TON of research and this camera is the best back for the buck.
__________________
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
MMMorish is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2010, 07:21 PM   #77
aus
Major General
 
Drives: Odysse
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seal Beach, CA

Posts: 7,321
iTrader: (5)

DAMN!! Nicely done.

So much for stock...
__________________
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
aus is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2010, 11:03 PM   #78
Bart@AUTOcouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Bart@AUTOcouture's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Fair Lawn, NJ

Posts: 4,091
iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to Bart@AUTOcouture
Looks great!
Bart@AUTOcouture is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-05-2010, 06:53 PM   #79
TLud
Colonel
 
TLud's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Golf R
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas

Posts: 2,280
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMorish View Post
Good choice. I haven't had the chance to use mine just yet as I'm waiting to get my SD cards back from a friend, but trust me when I say that I did a TON of research and this camera is the best back for the buck.
Thanks, good to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
DAMN!! Nicely done.

So much for stock...
Yeah, for the first 7 months or so I had no desire to mod this car, but things change, and I'm very happy with the way it turned out. With one minor exception, I wouldn't do anything different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBmaNN View Post
Looks great!
Thanks!
__________________
'09 Interlagos Blue E92 M3 (sold to a good home)
TLud is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-05-2010, 07:32 PM   #80
aus
Major General
 
Drives: Odysse
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seal Beach, CA

Posts: 7,321
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLud View Post
Yeah, for the first 7 months or so I had no desire to mod this car, but things change, and I'm very happy with the way it turned out. With one minor exception, I wouldn't do anything different.

Got to ask what that minor except is/was?
__________________
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
aus is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-05-2010, 08:24 PM   #81
TLud
Colonel
 
TLud's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Golf R
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas

Posts: 2,280
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Got to ask what that minor except is/was?
The UUC DSSR. UUC's SSK is excellent in my opinion, but their DSSR had some serious quality control issues, and I would have left well enough alone if I had known about them. I'm confident though that I can get it to work as intended with some tweaking, as described here.
__________________
'09 Interlagos Blue E92 M3 (sold to a good home)
TLud is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-06-2010, 12:05 AM   #82
Xelloss
Private First Class
 
Xelloss's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E46 M3
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NYC

Posts: 167
iTrader: (0)

I think this is the cleanest and best looking M3 I have seen on this forum. The drop is perfect and the Stradale bumper further highlights the subtle aggressiveness that is the M3.
__________________
2004 E46 M3, Jet Black/Black Interior, SMG II, Nav/Fully Loaded

"I feel the need...

...the need for speed!"
Xelloss is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-06-2010, 11:54 AM   #83
TLud
Colonel
 
TLud's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Golf R
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas

Posts: 2,280
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelloss View Post
I think this is the cleanest and best looking M3 I have seen on this forum. The drop is perfect and the Stradale bumper further highlights the subtle aggressiveness that is the M3.
That's one of the best compliments this car has received. Thanks!
__________________
'09 Interlagos Blue E92 M3 (sold to a good home)
TLud is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-06-2010, 01:58 PM   #84
Maseroche
Major
 
Maseroche's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 BMW M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bahrain

Posts: 1,402
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Beautiful M3 done with lots of thought! Love those wheels.
__________________
Khalid
'08 BMW M3


Maseroche is offline   Bahrain
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2010, 11:38 AM   #85
spicoli024
Lieutenant
 
spicoli024's Avatar
 
Drives: '06 ZCP M3
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 405
iTrader: (0)

WOW, Tom. That looks 10x better than when I saw it. The RAC wheels really are the finishing touch. Kinda makes me wish I went the e92 route on the second M3. Looks perfect! Now, DON'T TOUCH IT!
__________________
///M3
spicoli024 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2010, 12:38 PM   #86
TLud
Colonel
 
TLud's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Golf R
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas

Posts: 2,280
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maseroche View Post
Beautiful M3 done with lots of thought! Love those wheels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spicoli024 View Post
WOW, Tom. That looks 10x better than when I saw it. The RAC wheels really are the finishing touch. Kinda makes me wish I went the e92 route on the second M3. Looks perfect! Now, DON'T TOUCH IT!
Thanks, guys. Don't worry, Kyle, not doing anything else to it at all. You know you're better off in that sweet E46 ZCP. All you need is a good detail/paint correction, and that baby will look just as good as or better than any E92.
__________________
'09 Interlagos Blue E92 M3 (sold to a good home)
TLud is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2010, 12:47 PM   #87
MJC///M3
Colonel
 
MJC///M3's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bronx, NYC

Posts: 2,327
iTrader: (0)

Tlud - your car is amazing bro. One of the best M3's I have seen.....car is menacing!
__________________
"You will get there, but it is up to you and you alone. It is what you are willing to do, and how you are willing to get there. You must be relentless, you must be tireless, you must pursue at all costs, so that you are ready, when the time is right." -Dad
MJC///M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2010, 12:28 PM   #88
Bayerische Motoren Werke
Private First Class
 
Drives: Imaginary
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Turkey

Posts: 111
iTrader: (0)

where did you buy these:

StopTech BBK
Powerchip custom dyno tune
UUC SSK and DSSR(what are these)
Hardwired Escort 9500ix
Formula1 Pinnacle ceramic tint (35% on sides; 20% on back)
Gunmetal RAC RG63 (19x9/19x10 f/r with ET 22)
Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta 255/35/19 and 275/35/19
Bayerische Motoren Werke is offline   Turkey
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST