BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-01-2009, 07:12 PM   #1
pumper206
80 Deep, We All Eat!!!
pumper206's Avatar
Taiwan
12
Rep
622
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 AW E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Seattle,Wa

iTrader: (5)

Too Aggresive???

19" x 9.5" ET22
19" x 10.5" ET25

Too aggressive? What do you guys think?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2009, 07:20 PM   #2
rsmamg
Flying First Class
United_States
13
Rep
584
Posts

 
Drives: M
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

I think the front are too aggressive by 5-7 mm but the rears are fine.

According to stock M3 set up, you would be sticking out 20mm out more in front and 11 in the rear.

On my stock wheels, I am running 12mm spacers in front and rear. The front could go IMO up to 3-4 mm more but the rear looks fine to me.

I used this to compute those numbers:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2009, 07:28 PM   #3
anthony @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
anthony @ eas's Avatar
United_States
126
Rep
3,617
Posts


 
Drives: R56 Cooper S
Join Date: May 2009
Location: 4015 E Leaverton Court, Anahiem, CA 92807

iTrader: (0)

Our M3 has 19x9.5 +22 and 19x10 +25 with ADVAN AD08s 265/30 and 295/30 with no problems.

__________________
Anthony M. | european auto source (eas)
email: anthony@europeanautosource.com web: www.europeanautosource.com tel 866.669.0705 ca: 714.369.8524 x25

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2009, 07:47 PM   #4
pumper206
80 Deep, We All Eat!!!
pumper206's Avatar
Taiwan
12
Rep
622
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 AW E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Seattle,Wa

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmamg View Post
I think the front are too aggressive by 5-7 mm but the rears are fine.

According to stock M3 set up, you would be sticking out 20mm out more in front and 11 in the rear.

On my stock wheels, I am running 12mm spacers in front and rear. The front could go IMO up to 3-4 mm more but the rear looks fine to me.

I used this to compute those numbers:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12
Cool link! I'm currently running 12mm spacers front and back as well and I think that it looks perfect..
Yea, I feel the same about the fronts, a little too aggressive, but too late now... I tried having them change the order to 9.0 in the front but it was too late. I think I'll still be happy none the less. Thanks for your input.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2009, 07:51 PM   #5
pumper206
80 Deep, We All Eat!!!
pumper206's Avatar
Taiwan
12
Rep
622
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 AW E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Seattle,Wa

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony @ eas View Post
Our M3 has 19x9.5 +22 and 19x10 +25 with ADVAN AD08s 265/30 and 295/30 with no problems.

That looks really nice. Why 265 for front and why 295 for rear? Why not 275 for front and 305 for rear?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 07:17 PM   #6
pumper206
80 Deep, We All Eat!!!
pumper206's Avatar
Taiwan
12
Rep
622
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 AW E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Seattle,Wa

iTrader: (5)

So I found out that Volk actually doesn't offer the G2 19x9.0 in a BMW fitment. That being said, I guess I'll just have to stick to the 19x9.5 fronts!! Anyone got any input on tire sizing? I was thinking:
F:275-30-19 F:265-30-19
R:305-30-19 OR R:305-30-19

What do you guys think?
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2009, 01:38 AM   #7
FStop7
I like cars
FStop7's Avatar
Vatican City State
95
Rep
5,059
Posts

 
Drives: M6
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Newbury Park, CA

iTrader: (3)

I run Volk g2 19x9.5 +22 F and 19x10.5 +25 R

plus I have 10mm spacers on the back

I may also do 5 or 10mm in front

H&R springs

245/35-19 F. 275/30-19 R. Advan AD08
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2009, 04:30 AM   #8
MrHarris
yodog
MrHarris's Avatar
United_States
77
Rep
5,037
Posts

 
Drives: '86 Corolla
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Diamond Bar, Ca

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2009 BMW  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to MrHarris
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumper206 View Post
So I found out that Volk actually doesn't offer the G2 19x9.0 in a BMW fitment. That being said, I guess I'll just have to stick to the 19x9.5 fronts!! Anyone got any input on tire sizing? I was thinking:
F:275-30-19 F:265-30-19
R:305-30-19 OR R:305-30-19

What do you guys think?
275/30/19, 305/30/19 !
__________________

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2009, 05:02 AM   #9
pumper206
80 Deep, We All Eat!!!
pumper206's Avatar
Taiwan
12
Rep
622
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 AW E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Seattle,Wa

iTrader: (5)

Thanks for the input
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2009, 08:43 AM   #10
Lemans_Blue_M
Automotive Industry Insider
Lemans_Blue_M's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
1,948
Posts

 
Drives: Lemans Blue M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumper206 View Post
So I found out that Volk actually doesn't offer the G2 19x9.0 in a BMW fitment. That being said, I guess I'll just have to stick to the 19x9.5 fronts!! Anyone got any input on tire sizing? I was thinking:
F:275-30-19 F:265-30-19
R:305-30-19 OR R:305-30-19

What do you guys think?
THIS ^^^^^
__________________
The best is yet to come...
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2009, 12:41 PM   #11
Ryan@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Ryan@IND's Avatar
United_States
245
Rep
4,263
Posts


 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (16)

Send a message via AIM to Ryan@IND Send a message via Skype™ to Ryan@IND
if you are using Neova AD08, i'd recommend the 265/30-19 and 295/30-19, especially if you have a drop. We learnt from experience that not all tire specs are the same.

Neova/Yoko in general tend to have a higher ratio of thread width:sectional width.

other tires, you can run 265/30-19 and 305/30-19 possibly, depending on brand.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2009, 04:35 PM   #12
pumper206
80 Deep, We All Eat!!!
pumper206's Avatar
Taiwan
12
Rep
622
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 AW E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Seattle,Wa

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius@WSTO View Post
if you are using Neova AD08, i'd recommend the 265/30-19 and 295/30-19, especially if you have a drop. We learnt from experience that not all tire specs are the same.

Neova/Yoko in general tend to have a higher ratio of thread width:sectional width.

other tires, you can run 265/30-19 and 305/30-19 possibly, depending on brand.
I was thinking of going with the RE-11's. I'm dropped on Eibachs, so I don't think rubbing will be an issue. I'm more concerned with the increased understeer and keeping circumference of tire+wheel same as stock.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST