BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest
 
BPM Sport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-24-2009, 01:52 PM   #2113
JC919
Lieutenant Colonel
 
JC919's Avatar
 
Drives: CSL
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland

Posts: 1,790
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawaaz View Post
Hey guys,

I've officially moved to Austin. Don't ask why or how, since work and family situations got me over here.

Just thought I'd give everyone an update on my status. I most probably won't me on the forums very much at all, since everything else has all of my time.

Take care guys, and I hope to be back on this forum later in the future.

-Nawaaz
Good on ya bud, Austin is by far one of m favorite places. If your interested in running Harris Hill Road let me know, I'll be out there Tuesday the 29th.
__________________

2003 CSL, SG and some brake bs
2002 M5, SSII/Blk and bone stock. Stored in TX
2008 M3, AW/Blk 6MT, Akrapovic Evolution, Evosport Pulley, ESS Tune, Michelin PSS/Hoosier, other track stuff SOLD
JC919 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-24-2009, 07:57 PM   #2114
Blake
Banned
 
Drives: Chevy Aveo
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parent's Basement

Posts: 4,651
iTrader: (7)

...

Last edited by Blake; 02-23-2011 at 12:53 PM.
Blake is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      12-24-2009, 08:58 PM   #2115
oct1285
Lieutenant
 
Drives: Almost out of warranty
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: California

Posts: 598
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC919 View Post
Good on ya bud, Austin is by far one of m favorite places. If your interested in running Harris Hill Road let me know, I'll be out there Tuesday the 29th.
are you a member? Know of any upcoming track days?
oct1285 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-25-2009, 02:00 PM   #2116
ghosthi32
Banned
 
Drives: Water camel
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: strait of hormuz

Posts: 2,516
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
so in all my infinite boredom, i setup a weather station


http://www.rogersone.com/weather
http://www.wunderground.com/weathers...?ID=KFLSARAS31
jdjfjadnfjdfdf
ghosthi32 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-25-2009, 02:33 PM   #2117
JC919
Lieutenant Colonel
 
JC919's Avatar
 
Drives: CSL
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland

Posts: 1,790
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oct1285 View Post
are you a member? Know of any upcoming track days?
Not a member as I live primarily in Houston. There having an open house on this coming Tuesday so I'll be there.
__________________

2003 CSL, SG and some brake bs
2002 M5, SSII/Blk and bone stock. Stored in TX
2008 M3, AW/Blk 6MT, Akrapovic Evolution, Evosport Pulley, ESS Tune, Michelin PSS/Hoosier, other track stuff SOLD
JC919 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-25-2009, 09:41 PM   #2118
DevJ
Colonel
 
DevJ's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 Cayman S & IS350
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tulsa, OK

Posts: 2,701
iTrader: (1)

Merry Christmas guys
__________________
E92 M3. SOLD
New: '14 Cayman S PDK
Incoming: GT-R Black Edition
DevJ is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-26-2009, 12:17 AM   #2119
Blake
Banned
 
Drives: Chevy Aveo
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parent's Basement

Posts: 4,651
iTrader: (7)

happy kwanzaa compardres
Blake is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      12-26-2009, 08:13 PM   #2120
thatarchitect
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 08 E92 M3 6MT & 2008 Yamaha R6
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dallas, Texas

Posts: 264
iTrader: (0)

MODS!!!

Got my matte black kidney grilles, fender grilles, and badge on. Now I just need PYSpeed to answer their phone or email so I can get my wheels/tires ordered. The springs look lonely in the garage without them. Anybody know where I should get my centercaps from? I was also thinking of replacing my hood and trunk roundels.

PS - Merry Christmas guys!!!
thatarchitect is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-26-2009, 08:42 PM   #2121
Blake
Banned
 
Drives: Chevy Aveo
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parent's Basement

Posts: 4,651
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatarchitect View Post
Got my matte black kidney grilles, fender grilles, and badge on. Now I just need PYSpeed to answer their phone or email so I can get my wheels/tires ordered. The springs look lonely in the garage without them. Anybody know where I should get my centercaps from? I was also thinking of replacing my hood and trunk roundels.

PS - Merry Christmas guys!!!
word from the experienced, the off-OEM center caps are garbage. i went thru 2 sets because they would come off, especially under heavy cornering or track driving.
Blake is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      12-26-2009, 08:51 PM   #2122
thatarchitect
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 08 E92 M3 6MT & 2008 Yamaha R6
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dallas, Texas

Posts: 264
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
word from the experienced, the off-OEM center caps are garbage. i went thru 2 sets because they would come off, especially under heavy cornering or track driving.
OK. Who did you order your V710s from? What tires did you go with? I am trying to do 285/30s in the back on H&R sport springs. (fingers crossed) So you think maybe I should just get some more OEM center caps and do the vinyl stickers to make them black and white?
thatarchitect is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2009, 01:46 PM   #2123
Blake
Banned
 
Drives: Chevy Aveo
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parent's Basement

Posts: 4,651
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatarchitect View Post
OK. Who did you order your V710s from? What tires did you go with? I am trying to do 285/30s in the back on H&R sport springs. (fingers crossed) So you think maybe I should just get some more OEM center caps and do the vinyl stickers to make them black and white?
i got mine from EAS, but you might try sending mike@pyspeed a message. he's a local and he sells v710's. i'm currently wrapping them in toyo t1r's. great tires!
Blake is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      12-28-2009, 10:42 AM   #2124
thatarchitect
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 08 E92 M3 6MT & 2008 Yamaha R6
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dallas, Texas

Posts: 264
iTrader: (0)

Im just waiting to get quotes from the different people that carry VMR right now. You would think that they would be more on the ball when someone wants to order wheels/tires with TMPS powdercoated...

Just took my car this morning for a seatbelt malfunction or some such error. They told me they cant show me the previous service records on the car because thats their privacy policy? WTF??!
thatarchitect is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-28-2009, 11:21 AM   #2125
spicoli024
Lieutenant
 
spicoli024's Avatar
 
Drives: '06 ZCP M3
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 405
iTrader: (0)

^ sounds sketch
__________________
///M3
spicoli024 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-28-2009, 11:26 AM   #2126
thatarchitect
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 08 E92 M3 6MT & 2008 Yamaha R6
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dallas, Texas

Posts: 264
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicoli024 View Post
^ sounds sketch
I thought so too. But I dont know what to do. My usual SA is out on vacation so Ive got another guy this time. But I'm not real convinced that my original one would do any different. Any one have a good SA in the metroplex? Or even Texas if not. I guess they could email me my service records. Plus I might find myself in Houston or Austin soon.
thatarchitect is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-28-2009, 11:35 AM   #2127
DevJ
Colonel
 
DevJ's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 Cayman S & IS350
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tulsa, OK

Posts: 2,701
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatarchitect View Post
I thought so too. But I dont know what to do. My usual SA is out on vacation so Ive got another guy this time. But I'm not real convinced that my original one would do any different. Any one have a good SA in the metroplex? Or even Texas if not. I guess they could email me my service records. Plus I might find myself in Houston or Austin soon.
Chuong Nguyen at Classic is a great guy, try him
__________________
E92 M3. SOLD
New: '14 Cayman S PDK
Incoming: GT-R Black Edition
DevJ is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-28-2009, 11:42 AM   #2128
thatarchitect
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 08 E92 M3 6MT & 2008 Yamaha R6
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dallas, Texas

Posts: 264
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevJ View Post
Chuong Nguyen at Classic is a great guy, try him
Ok sweet. Ya I may have to head up there this weekend. I went to BMW of Dallas but only cause its closer to downtown.

I have had TERRIBLE experiences with their sales people but SAs are like a whole different division so Ill just flick off the sales guys as I drive past.
thatarchitect is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-28-2009, 01:20 PM   #2129
Golgothar
First Lieutenant
 
Golgothar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston

Posts: 328
iTrader: (1)

Hey guys,

My name is Mike I'm located in H-town though I originally grew up in Lewisville.

I have had my M3 about 1.5 years but i'm just now starting to mod it, nothing major yet (Angeli, Blk RPi scoops + Machschnell filter, just ordered Dinan Pulley kit) and Im really leaning towards some eibach springs and an exhaust system (I like Remus and Gintani's sound the best).

Hope to get to meet some of you all soon at some BMW/M meets or get togethers!
__________________

OLD - 2008 Sparkling Graphite DCT e92
Rpi Scoops/Dinan Intake/DinanECUtune/DinanPulley/DinanExhaust/DinanStg 2 Suspension/Plus some cosmetic mods *SOLD*
NEW- 2011 Black Saphire 550i Sport (Some cosmetic mods/Dinan mods soon)
Golgothar is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-28-2009, 01:40 PM   #2130
Blake
Banned
 
Drives: Chevy Aveo
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parent's Basement

Posts: 4,651
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevJ View Post
Chuong Nguyen at Classic is a great guy, try him
choung is my homeslice. he'll take care of whoever better than most can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatarchitect View Post
Ok sweet. Ya I may have to head up there this weekend. I went to BMW of Dallas but only cause its closer to downtown.

I have had TERRIBLE experiences with their sales people but SAs are like a whole different division so Ill just flick off the sales guys as I drive past.
BoD sucks. it's worth the drive to plano.
Blake is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      12-28-2009, 02:13 PM   #2131
thatarchitect
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 08 E92 M3 6MT & 2008 Yamaha R6
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dallas, Texas

Posts: 264
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
choung is my homeslice. he'll take care of whoever better than most can.



BoD sucks. it's worth the drive to plano.
OK OK. Its Choung from now on. I learned my lesson. Now if Mike at PYSpeed would get back to me my wheels and tires would be on their way. And if Jerry would get back to me I could get the install set up. Nawaaz if you are out there I need your guy's number.
thatarchitect is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-28-2009, 03:16 PM   #2132
JC919
Lieutenant Colonel
 
JC919's Avatar
 
Drives: CSL
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland

Posts: 1,790
iTrader: (0)

^I've heard a lot of bad reviews of BMW of Dallas. I agree, the privacy policy sounds pretty sketchy. Its your car and you should know about any work that was performed prior to purchasing. I demanded this and got it without any issue from Sandia BMW in Albuquerque when I bought it with 4k miles around 18 months ago.
__________________

2003 CSL, SG and some brake bs
2002 M5, SSII/Blk and bone stock. Stored in TX
2008 M3, AW/Blk 6MT, Akrapovic Evolution, Evosport Pulley, ESS Tune, Michelin PSS/Hoosier, other track stuff SOLD
JC919 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-28-2009, 03:56 PM   #2133
spicoli024
Lieutenant
 
spicoli024's Avatar
 
Drives: '06 ZCP M3
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 405
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatarchitect View Post
I thought so too. But I dont know what to do. My usual SA is out on vacation so Ive got another guy this time. But I'm not real convinced that my original one would do any different. Any one have a good SA in the metroplex? Or even Texas if not. I guess they could email me my service records. Plus I might find myself in Houston or Austin soon.
I always worked with Gary Reichert at Classic BMW when I lived in Dallas. He is a great communicator and was always promptly available when I needed him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgothar View Post
Hey guys,

My name is Mike I'm located in H-town though I originally grew up in Lewisville.

I have had my M3 about 1.5 years but i'm just now starting to mod it, nothing major yet (Angeli, Blk RPi scoops + Machschnell filter, just ordered Dinan Pulley kit) and Im really leaning towards some eibach springs and an exhaust system (I like Remus and Gintani's sound the best).

Hope to get to meet some of you all soon at some BMW/M meets or get togethers!
Welcome, Mike! Good to see another Houstonian on board.
__________________
///M3
spicoli024 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-28-2009, 04:11 PM   #2134
spicoli024
Lieutenant
 
spicoli024's Avatar
 
Drives: '06 ZCP M3
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 405
iTrader: (0)

Oh yea, Tom, guess who got a ticket today? This guy <<pointing at myself>>. We had that radar detector installed less than 15 hours before I got my first ticket. AMAZING! I called Escort and gave them a thorough ear chewing, turns out they don't really care.

HPD 14 : Kyle 0

I don't think I will ever win this battle, but my luck has to change at some point.
__________________
///M3
spicoli024 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST