BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-16-2007, 09:20 PM   #1
txusa03
Major General
 
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Planet Earth

Posts: 6,567
iTrader: (2)

Arrow please dont do this at gas station

watch to the end and you will see what I mean. I hate to pump gas next to someone like her (in and out the car and causing all sort of static built-up). Holy cow.

She should take off her sweater to kill the fire. I just dont know how the gas in the car did not catch on fire.

__________________
under construction!
txusa03 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-16-2007, 09:26 PM   #2
teknochild
Your resident 4um troll
 
teknochild's Avatar
 
Drives: 335 coupe
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: fl

Posts: 2,021
iTrader: (0)

LOL im surprised she pulled the pump out and didnt just run for it (what she should have done)

i meen im pretty sure i would run for it but apparently a lot of people pull the pump out when this happens
__________________
RAWRrrrr
teknochild is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-16-2007, 09:35 PM   #3
txusa03
Major General
 
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Planet Earth

Posts: 6,567
iTrader: (2)

honestly, I would freak out and probably run away and looking back and probably run back to see if the fire spread. But I just dont understand what is built into these pump and the car gas tank that prevent wide spread explosion. I think the fire on the nozzle is from the residue of gas.

Just so danerous.
__________________
under construction!
txusa03 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-16-2007, 09:40 PM   #4
teknochild
Your resident 4um troll
 
teknochild's Avatar
 
Drives: 335 coupe
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: fl

Posts: 2,021
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by txusa03
But I just dont understand what is built into these pump and the car gas tank that prevent wide spread explosion.

Just so danerous.
gas isnt explosive under normal pressure AFAIK
__________________
RAWRrrrr
teknochild is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-16-2007, 09:48 PM   #5
///Matt
United States Marine
 
///Matt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 2,749
iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to ///Matt
liquid gasolene is not anywhere near as flammable as its vapor. What's burning is the vapors. Thank god for California and our vapor catch hoods. =)
///Matt is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-16-2007, 11:32 PM   #6
sblument
Lieutenant
 
sblument's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Champaign, IL

Posts: 427
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via ICQ to sblument Send a message via AIM to sblument Send a message via Yahoo to sblument
man that's scary stuff. never seen anything like it in RL
__________________
2006 330i, SP, PP, fold down rear seats, sparkling graphite, black leather, metallic trim.
sblument is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-17-2007, 09:18 AM   #7
txusa03
Major General
 
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Planet Earth

Posts: 6,567
iTrader: (2)

i dont think any of us want to see that in RL.
__________________
under construction!
txusa03 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-17-2007, 04:16 PM   #8
cm3rc
Colonel
 
cm3rc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 E90
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ferndale MI

Posts: 2,221
iTrader: (8)

Garage List
06 325i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to cm3rc
Hahahhahahahahah!!
__________________
cm3rc is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-17-2007, 04:46 PM   #9
teknochild
Your resident 4um troll
 
teknochild's Avatar
 
Drives: 335 coupe
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: fl

Posts: 2,021
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by txusa03
i dont think any of us want to see that in RL.
i kind of do, that way i can go smack her
__________________
RAWRrrrr
teknochild is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-19-2007, 01:18 AM   #10
E91 Dude
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Location

Posts: 318
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by txusa03
honestly, I would freak out and probably run away and looking back and probably run back to see if the fire spread. But I just dont understand what is built into these pump and the car gas tank that prevent wide spread explosion. I think the fire on the nozzle is from the residue of gas.

Just so danerous.
I think I would react in a similar manner as you. I would probably freak out and run away. And after a few long strides, I would dive with my arms fully outstretched and yell "ARGHHHH!" as I descended towards the ground, anticipating a humungous slow motion explosion to take place behind me (just like you see in the movies).

Unfortunately, the reality is that there would probably not be an explosion at all and people on the street will look at me funny while shuffling their children away from the "crazy man".
E91 Dude is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-19-2007, 04:36 AM   #11
ski360
Second Lieutenant
 
ski360's Avatar
 
Drives: 325i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Germany (US)

Posts: 251
iTrader: (0)

You can see what happens here. She is messing with the sweater creating the static. Then she gets back in to the car and on the way out she dosn't touch anthing to ground her self again. if she had touched the door before she touched the pump then she would have been ok. If you ever get back into your car when pumping gas make sure you touch the door or something metal when you get back out. There was a show on tv about this a while ago I watched.
ski360 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-19-2007, 06:43 AM   #12
NFS
Major General
 
NFS's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i m-sport LCI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK

Posts: 9,216
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ski360 View Post
You can see what happens here. She is messing with the sweater creating the static. Then she gets back in to the car and on the way out she dosn't touch anthing to ground her self again. if she had touched the door before she touched the pump then she would have been ok. If you ever get back into your car when pumping gas make sure you touch the door or something metal when you get back out. There was a show on tv about this a while ago I watched.
So can someone explain why adjusting her sweater makes her a dumb blonde bitch?

Touching the door would not help because the car is NOT grounded.
__________________
NFS is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-19-2007, 08:10 AM   #13
txusa03
Major General
 
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Planet Earth

Posts: 6,567
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E91 Dude View Post
I think I would react in a similar manner as you. I would probably freak out and run away. And after a few long strides, I would dive with my arms fully outstretched and yell "ARGHHHH!" as I descended towards the ground, anticipating a humungous slow motion explosion to take place behind me (just like you see in the movies).

Unfortunately, the reality is that there would probably not be an explosion at all and people on the street will look at me funny while shuffling their children away from the "crazy man".
Who knows how we would act if something like this happen to us. On the other hand, if I saw this happen while I was pumping gas, I probly stop what I am doing and get in my car and sped away as fast as I can
__________________
under construction!
txusa03 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-19-2007, 11:28 AM   #14
ski360
Second Lieutenant
 
ski360's Avatar
 
Drives: 325i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Germany (US)

Posts: 251
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed View Post
So can someone explain why adjusting her sweater makes her a dumb blonde bitch?

Touching the door would not help because the car is NOT grounded.
If you think that because there are rubber tires on a car and that keeps it insulated you would be wrong. If she would have touched the car door or anything metal the static charge would have been released and nothing would have happened....I used to shock the hell out of my self when I used to slide out of my truck and then close the door.
ski360 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST