BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

12-19-2009, 02:15 PM   #1
elp_jc
Brigadier General

Drives: .

Please post available tires (other than OEM) in stock 19" sizes.

All tire threads I've read deal with wider tires on the rear, front, or both. I want to keep BOTH OEM tire sizes, and prefer ultra-high-performance or high-performance all-seasons rather than the useless (for me) max summers. It just doesn't make any sense to put up with extra noise, decreased tread life, possible harsher ride, and decreased cold-weather performance when I'll never use them even remotely close to their capabilities. They're total overkill for me, and are noisy as hell on the rough pavement typical of this area. By the way, the grip on those tires is still amazing, and more than enough for even aggressive (but not stupid) driving on the streets. I don't do race car driver impersonations anymore .

And if you post, please compare your current tires to OEMs on the issues mentioned above. And tire sellers are welcome to comment based on customer's input.

And yes, tried Tire Rack and Discount Tire's sites but they only search by car (only max summers pop-up for the M3) or tire brand, and you don't know what the hell they are. They should add a 'category' field, to look under 'ultra-high-performance' and 'high-performance'. And even better, to be able to put BOTH tire sizes to avoid looking for 2 sizes on each tire. Hopefully somebody can shed some light on this issue . At least suitable tires and I can look up for stock sizes. Thanks.

Last edited by elp_jc; 12-19-2009 at 02:35 PM.
elp_jc is offline   United_States
      12-19-2009, 02:57 PM   #2
Leozap
Captain

Drives: AW E90 M3

Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position
Leozap is offline   United_States
      12-20-2009, 01:00 AM   #3
TRZ06
Captain

Drives: 08' IB E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
All tire threads I've read deal with wider tires on the rear, front, or both. I want to keep BOTH OEM tire sizes, and prefer ultra-high-performance or high-performance all-seasons rather than the useless (for me) max summers. It just doesn't make any sense to put up with extra noise, decreased tread life, possible harsher ride, and decreased cold-weather performance when I'll never use them even remotely close to their capabilities. They're total overkill for me, and are noisy as hell on the rough pavement typical of this area. By the way, the grip on those tires is still amazing, and more than enough for even aggressive (but not stupid) driving on the streets. I don't do race car driver impersonations anymore .

And if you post, please compare your current tires to OEMs on the issues mentioned above. And tire sellers are welcome to comment based on customer's input.

And yes, tried Tire Rack and Discount Tire's sites but they only search by car (only max summers pop-up for the M3) or tire brand, and you don't know what the hell they are. They should add a 'category' field, to look under 'ultra-high-performance' and 'high-performance'. And even better, to be able to put BOTH tire sizes to avoid looking for 2 sizes on each tire. Hopefully somebody can shed some light on this issue . At least suitable tires and I can look up for stock sizes. Thanks.

Look a little harder on the Tire Rack website, you absolutely can sort by OEM size AND category.
07' 335i E90: KWV2, H&R Sways, SSTT
01' & 04' Corvette Z06
TRZ06 is offline   United_States
      12-21-2009, 04:34 PM   #4
elp_jc
Brigadier General

Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
Look a little harder on the Tire Rack website, you absolutely can sort by OEM size AND category.
There's no category search feature dude; just a description of the categories (big help). And I can check independently each size, but not both. No biggie there, but it doesn't say what category each tire is, so can't know. I don't feel like 'googling' each freaking tire (out of hundreds) to try to find out. I emailed Tire Rack for help.
elp_jc is offline   United_States