BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada
 
PYSPEED
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-19-2009, 10:39 AM   #1
navigator
Enlisted Member
8

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Toronto


Posts: 35
iTrader: (1)

what's the best price to get winter tires installed?

Just wondering where the best place is to get my 19" winter tires installed in the GTA. I'm just using the stock rims; taking the PS2s off and mounting/balancing winter tires. Any ideas on cost? I called a couple dealers and got different answers! You would think this would be a straightforward, standardized thing, but each dealer has given me a different price, ranging from $200 to $350!
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2009, 11:10 AM   #2
bobbyd1961
Banned
34

 
Drives: 2009 M3 sedan LeMans Blue
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: new jersey


Posts: 2,411
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator View Post
Just wondering where the best place is to get my 19" winter tires installed in the GTA. I'm just using the stock rims; taking the PS2s off and mounting/balancing winter tires. Any ideas on cost? I called a couple dealers and got different answers! You would think this would be a straightforward, standardized thing, but each dealer has given me a different price, ranging from $200 to $350!
100 bucks and not at a dealer
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2009, 11:11 AM   #3
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
85

 
Jaypod's Avatar
 
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto


Posts: 4,951
iTrader: (7)

Not sure where you are located, but I recently paid about $80 to have tires mounted and balanced - included taking off the existing tires at Jensen Tire in Oakville.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2009, 11:26 AM   #4
navigator
Enlisted Member
8

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Toronto


Posts: 35
iTrader: (1)

I'm in oakville. Any concerns about an independent shop damaging the rims during the mounting/balancing process? That's why I thought I would just take it to the dealer. I'll try that Jenson Tire place, assuming you didn't have any problems? Also open to any other suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2009, 11:53 AM   #5
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
85

 
Jaypod's Avatar
 
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto


Posts: 4,951
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator View Post
I'm in oakville. Any concerns about an independent shop damaging the rims during the mounting/balancing process? That's why I thought I would just take it to the dealer. I'll try that Jenson Tire place, assuming you didn't have any problems? Also open to any other suggestions?
Zero problems at Jensen - Have been there a number of times - they will fill with nitrogen too.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2009, 01:13 PM   #6
STALKER
Brigadier General
82

 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, ON


Posts: 3,652
iTrader: (5)

I use Tirecraft/Megawheelz on the Queensway near Sherway mall for many years.
Never had any issues.
__________________

2008 AW/FR E90 M3-SOLD
2013 991 C4S-SOLD
2010 GT3
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2009, 10:41 AM   #7
ALM3
Private First Class
Canada
5

 
Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Toronto


Posts: 170
iTrader: (0)

Pickering Tire N Mag in Pickering if you are in the east end. Bayly and Brock Roads.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2009, 10:56 AM   #8
bobbyz
Second Lieutenant
8

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada


Posts: 299
iTrader: (0)

Go to Allan at simplytire on chesswood. He has never scratched my wheels and he will be cheaper then the prices you have been quoted.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2009, 11:00 AM   #9
Gearhead999s
Major General
221

 
Gearhead999s's Avatar
 
Drives: F25 2.8d(wifes)F82 M4
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto


Posts: 6,801
iTrader: (0)

Jeff or Mike @ Toronto Tirecraft in Concord 905 760 1130
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2009, 02:29 PM   #10
markymarc1979
Colonel
Canada
97

 
markymarc1979's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 P TURBO + 12 750 + 09 E93
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Oakville, Ontario


Posts: 2,095
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2009 BMW E93  [0.00]
2012 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
I use Tirecraft/Megawheelz on the Queensway near Sherway mall for many years.
Never had any issues.
+1 for tirecraft. Great place to take your car.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:29 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST