BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Site Related Announcements - Suggestions - Feedback - Questions
 
ESS Tuning
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-16-2009, 11:53 AM   #23
footie
Major General
 
footie's Avatar
 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

Posts: 7,507
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
...kids from SoCal with a car bought with daddy's money...
LOL to the guy with 33 posts who said the moderators aren't active on this forum. Between babysitting the SoCal kids, spam, porno, idiotic threads posted in the wrong forum, inscrupulous vendors trying to scam people, and vendors posting in the non-vendor section -- I'd say we have our hands completely full. Besides, I'm of the mindset that we shouldn't really be deleting threads in the first place. Move them to the correct sections, but not deleting them. This forum is here for the public, it is not a moderated forum in the traditional sense (meaning every post and thread needs moderator approval). Therefore if somebody wants to start a thread about any topic (within reason), it's allowed.
I don't think he meant it the way it's been take PG but it is true this forum has become infested with ill-manner brats who for their amusement has gotten rid of one of the most informative members here and I am talking about Bruce.

When I think back to the past I remember the banter that use to go on between all of us but as of late it's personal digs at every opportunity and character assassination of the first degree simply because they don't agree with the other person's opinion.

There is a serious weeding out needed on here before this place gets back to the way it was.
footie is offline   No_Country
0
      12-16-2009, 11:54 AM   #24
Radiation Joe
Veni Vidi Vici
 
Radiation Joe's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 JB/BBe-6sp-e90
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Macungie PA

Posts: 2,749
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 e90 M3-Sold  [4.25]
2003 RS6 - Sold  [0.00]
2009 e90 M3 - Gone  [0.00]
2003 M3 SOLD  [0.00]
old 2002  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoOrtega View Post
I've been here for a while now, posts like swamp, lucids, epacy, savage, then came PG, Le Mans Blue, even Mantis sense of humor, where really interesting to read, it was all about cars, lately the forum has gone down in the quality department, first the "is X faster than the M3", then the "Weird noise threads", then "what do M owners...", the VS section turned into a battle of fanboys and repetitive posts, now it seems like a physics or math lecture on some posts, some of the best posters became mods, they really knew what they were talking about, hope the trolls, fanboys, kids just stay away, there's always a forum for them, to me this was THE source of information and interesting threads, now that's no longer like that
We need Mantis back. I think he's been around a few times under an alias. His humor really worked for me.

I bashed LB a few times after he got banned due to his odd communication methods, but I'm looking forward to his return.
Radiation Joe is offline   United_States
0
      12-16-2009, 12:07 PM   #25
e46e92love
Brigadier General
 
e46e92love's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The East Side of Things

Posts: 3,039
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to e46e92love
Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
...kids from SoCal with a car bought with daddy's money...

LOL to the guy with 33 posts who said the moderators aren't active on this forum. Between babysitting the SoCal kids, spam, porno, idiotic threads posted in the wrong forum, inscrupulous vendors trying to scam people, and vendors posting in the non-vendor section -- I'd say we have our hands completely full. Besides, I'm of the mindset that we shouldn't really be deleting threads in the first place. Move them to the correct sections, but not deleting them. This forum is here for the public, it is not a moderated forum in the traditional sense (meaning every post and thread needs moderator approval). Therefore if somebody wants to start a thread about any topic (within reason), it's allowed.

Seriously, what it is in the water down in SoCal where the parents are nuts enough to buy a 70k sports car for a kid, and a kid to have half the maturity of most 17 year old kids around here on the east coast. Complete lack of respect if you ask me........but no one did so I'm going to STFU now

Cheers,
e46e92
__________________

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.

Last edited by e46e92love; 12-16-2009 at 12:42 PM.
e46e92love is offline   United_States
0
      12-16-2009, 12:12 PM   #26
Mr.Metak2you
Brigadier General
 
Mr.Metak2you's Avatar
 
Drives: LEXUS LS(DailyDriver)
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwr'

Posts: 4,750
iTrader: (15)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiation Joe View Post
We need Mantis back. I think he's been around a few times under an alias. His humor really worked for me.

I bashed LB a few times after he got banned due to his odd communication methods, but I'm looking forward to his return.
Mantis is !Xoible and he still makes me chuckle. Especially when someone flys off the handle not realizing he is just joking around...
__________________
Mr.Metak2you is offline  
0
      12-16-2009, 12:28 PM   #27
ChinoOrtega
Captain
 
ChinoOrtega's Avatar
 
Drives: 991 C2S
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Guatemala

Posts: 604
iTrader: (0)

calling out epacy, swamp, lucid, GregW, south, le mans, mantis, PG, savage, footie, Bruce the ones who really made the most interesting posts to this forum, I guess some moved on, but me being from Guatemala, when I found this forum it was so fun, the people from so many different countries sharing one passion, I was bashed so many times on other forums because I got my car before the US, Euro spec, on early Sep 07, calling me spick, guys from SoCal who didn't bare the thought of a third world country guy getting the M first, so I stopped posting and erased my posts, when I came here and posted pics of my car, which I think was one of the firsts all I got was positive comments, felt right at home, sharing experiences from people all around the globe, it saddens me to see such valuable and interesting ideas gone and so many controversial but at the same time valuable members to this forum, even Mantis made dull and boring posts fun to read, ah, the memories
__________________
ChinoOrtega is offline   Guatemala
0
      12-16-2009, 12:41 PM   #28
Finnegan
Major General
 
Finnegan's Avatar
 
Drives: Sapphire Black/Black Z4Mc
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: At the track..or wishing I were at the track

Posts: 6,439
iTrader: (17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
...kids from SoCal with a car bought with daddy's money...

LOL to the guy with 33 posts who said the moderators aren't active on this forum. Between babysitting the SoCal kids, spam, porno, idiotic threads posted in the wrong forum, inscrupulous vendors trying to scam people, and vendors posting in the non-vendor section -- I'd say we have our hands completely full. Besides, I'm of the mindset that we shouldn't really be deleting threads in the first place. Move them to the correct sections, but not deleting them. This forum is here for the public, it is not a moderated forum in the traditional sense (meaning every post and thread needs moderator approval). Therefore if somebody wants to start a thread about any topic (within reason), it's allowed.
I concur with this assessment and am a proponent of active post moderation.

I also share the OPs frustration as that has been my experience here as well. IMO things have deteriorated in a almost linear fashion since early June. The tone around here has changed; seems some of the intelligent posters have been driven off by the behavior of a few leaving a greater proportion of _____ posters in the remaining mix.

I find myself being put off by suggestions of violence against people/property; trolls who don't technically break forum rules but who goad and then play the victim; the "wolf pack" attack mode of a cluster of troublemaker "kids"; and again the general tone.

I still find a lot that's rewarding here but weeding through the ____ becomes tedious and not fun . As some have said this may be part of the development path of any forum and this may just be a bad phase; I just hope we don't lose a lot of good folks going through it

Oh, and kudos to the mods; it's a tough and largely thankless job. I shudder to think of what it would be like without them!

Last edited by Finnegan; 12-16-2009 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Cleaned up language a bit
Finnegan is offline   United_States
0
      12-16-2009, 12:44 PM   #29
e46e92love
Brigadier General
 
e46e92love's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The East Side of Things

Posts: 3,039
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to e46e92love
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoOrtega View Post
calling out epacy, swamp, lucid, GregW, south, le mans, mantis, PG, savage, footie, Bruce the ones who really made the most interesting posts to this forum, I guess some moved on, but me being from Guatemala, when I found this forum it was so fun, the people from so many different countries sharing one passion, I was bashed so many times on other forums because I got my car before the US, Euro spec, on early Sep 07, calling me spick, guys from SoCal who didn't bare the thought of a third world country guy getting the M first, so I stopped posting and erased my posts, when I came here and posted pics of my car, which I think was one of the firsts all I got was positive comments, felt right at home, sharing experiences from people all around the globe, it saddens me to see such valuable and interesting ideas gone and so many controversial but at the same time valuable members to this forum, even Mantis made dull and boring posts fun to read, ah, the memories
Wait, you are some foreigner, not some great American and you were allowed to buy an //M3? Guess they will let anyone buy one now-a-days

Cheers,
e46e92
__________________

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
e46e92love is offline   United_States
0
      12-16-2009, 01:27 PM   #30
Radiation Joe
Veni Vidi Vici
 
Radiation Joe's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 JB/BBe-6sp-e90
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Macungie PA

Posts: 2,749
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 e90 M3-Sold  [4.25]
2003 RS6 - Sold  [0.00]
2009 e90 M3 - Gone  [0.00]
2003 M3 SOLD  [0.00]
old 2002  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
...
PS. I realize I painted a broad brush about SoCal posters. I've met many of those guys and there are some really fantastic guys down there too. Some of them are prolific posters on this forum, but they're not the trouble makers. I hope everybody notices not all of the SoCal guys are spoiled troublemakers.
I can't believe I'm saying this, but when did it become ok to bash SoCal folks? There have been a huge number of moronic posts from folks with SoCal addresses, but there are many good posters from the wrong end of the state. Swampy has tried to point out that the dumb ones are not out of proportion to the total number of SoCal posters, but I question his math.

All kidding aside, I was born in Orange county. However, my parents quickly realized the potential harm in raising their children there and wisely moved us to the Monterey peninsula. We all turned out fine, other than the amount of time we spend in jail.
Radiation Joe is offline   United_States
0
      12-16-2009, 01:41 PM   #31
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
 
MMMorish's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 2,836
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vise View Post
On that note, is it time to reinstate Le Mans Blue yet?
+1
__________________
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
MMMorish is offline   Canada
0
      12-16-2009, 01:54 PM   #32
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
 
southlight's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Germany

Posts: 6,748
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brava09 View Post
IMO, the mods are not very active on this forum.
I don't know how you think you're able to judge this. Maybe it was a mistake to let some of your posts in the Z4 thread stand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
If you are referring to the "what xxxx do ///M owners yyy" threads, those were started to poke a little fun at the watch thread. Myself, I don't think there is anything wrong with owning and takling about watches. That's great if that is your thing. However I do think it is ironic and mysterious that that thread is allowed to sit in this forum, while all the other off topic thread get sent to the Off Topic forum. If the mods would simply be consistent and move all off topic threads to the off topic forum, I'm sure that none of the copy-cat or parody threads would have been created here - my own beer thread included.
I was under the impression that it might be better to leave some threads being redundant to existing ones in the OT section alone instead of moving them there. But, you guys seem to prefer sending all of these topics to the OT section. Not a big deal, consider them moved.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Vise View Post
On that note, is it time to reinstate Le Mans Blue yet?
Some more patience.


Best regards,
south
__________________
Those forums...WHY NOT?


JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
southlight is offline  
0
      12-16-2009, 02:03 PM   #33
Finnegan
Major General
 
Finnegan's Avatar
 
Drives: Sapphire Black/Black Z4Mc
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: At the track..or wishing I were at the track

Posts: 6,439
iTrader: (17)

I didn't mean, not do I think PG means, it's all of Socal. It's not ALL Socal folks, but there is a pack of guys that are a distinct problem. "Socal" in this context is a euphemism for some specific individuals and is being used rather than calling out specific names. I suppose it might have been been better to say "troublemakers" and leave off the regional reference. Objection is reasonable IMO and noted; won't happen again in my posts.

Last edited by Finnegan; 12-16-2009 at 03:05 PM.
Finnegan is offline   United_States
0
      12-16-2009, 04:38 PM   #34
BRDHNTR
Ground Pilot
 
BRDHNTR's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 BMW M3
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Waverly, PA

Posts: 549
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2002 M3  [0.00]
2008 e92 M3  [0.00]
It's so interesting that you say that, because I was just making that very same comment to someone in my office yesterday.
__________________
"The laws of physics cannot be repealed, even with DSC." - BMW Owner's Manual

BRDHNTR is offline   United_States
0
      12-16-2009, 05:17 PM   #35
kmarei
Major General
 
kmarei's Avatar
 
Drives: 1988 E30 M3 Evo II
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Reston, VA

Posts: 6,480
iTrader: (33)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiation Joe View Post
We all turned out fine, other than the amount of time we spend in jail.
kmarei is offline   Egypt
0
      12-17-2009, 04:46 AM   #36
Splinter4784
414 little horsies
 
Splinter4784's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Beverly Hills

Posts: 407
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
Yes they are troublemakers, but it's also regional in nature. In fact, it's so much so regional, that some world-wide vendors simply don't care to sell product into the SoCal market. They consider them pack hounds -- always following some local regional leader. Whatever the local leader puts on his car, the rest follow suit or wish they had it on their car as well. There's no logic to it, no research to their buying patterns, and not even well thought out purchases. Certain vendors have admitted, they can't crack the SoCal market and don't even like to talk to these guys on the phone.

So yes, I understand "SoCal" has been used as a euphamism for "troublemakers" but there really is a regional aspect to it as well. In some posts, I've intentionally used the "SoCal" euphamism because I want them to feel singled out. The smart ones won't be offended anyways because they're already indepenant thinkers and know they're not the ones being singled out.

A lot of people in So Cal are Jerks

When i joined this Forum last year it was more about education and learning than it was about Arguing and Trolling.

This place has become a high school with the amount of Drama and Bullshit i see

I hope the Educated and Contributing members of this forum stay and continue their work

A lot of members and vendors on this Forum need a
__________________
Race Precision Inc
Splinter4784 is offline   Armenia
0
      12-17-2009, 05:12 AM   #37
footie
Major General
 
footie's Avatar
 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

Posts: 7,507
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
Yes they are troublemakers, but it's also regional in nature. In fact, it's so much so regional, that some world-wide vendors simply don't care to sell product into the SoCal market. They consider them pack hounds -- always following some local regional leader. Whatever the local leader puts on his car, the rest follow suit or wish they had it on their car as well. There's no logic to it, no research to their buying patterns, and not even well thought out purchases. Certain vendors have admitted, they can't crack the SoCal market and don't even like to talk to these guys on the phone.

So yes, I understand "SoCal" has been used as a euphamism for "troublemakers" but there really is a regional aspect to it as well. In some posts, I've intentionally used the "SoCal" euphamism because I want them to feel singled out. The smart ones won't be offended anyways because they're already indepenant thinkers and know they're not the ones being singled out.
I do feel truly sorry for the decent member from this region because there is far more good members than bad, it's just that the bad ones are most vocal, opinionated and downright rude. Yet you know who you are.

But the real problem is that banning them isn't that productive as they change there handle and start up again only next time they are usually vindictive right from the off.

It's not even fanboy vs troll here, in fact anyone who constantly disrupts threads with personal attacks and childish behaviour are the real trolls because it's them who turn decent educational debates/discussion into brand wars and ultimately get these threads closed for good. Who wins there then.
footie is offline   No_Country
0
      12-17-2009, 10:41 AM   #38
John@BMW
I can't belive this car is a 4 door family sedan.
 
John@BMW's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3 sedan, '96 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Atlanta

Posts: 385
iTrader: (1)

we are all apparently still in high school..... you didnt get that memo?
__________________
John@BMW is offline  
0
      12-17-2009, 11:59 PM   #39
jopa489
BMW/Detailing Addict
 
jopa489's Avatar
 
Drives: Estoril F30 335i 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New England

Posts: 6,561
iTrader: (8)

I agree with much of what has been said here. The immaturity of this forum (mainly referring to E90Post here, not sure how things are on the M3Post side) has increased over the past several months. Some threads are just plain obnoxious, and they escalate into battles and arguments that have nothing to do with the original topic, and often not even BMW.

Still, I can name several users who have done nothing to contribute to BimmerPost in a productive way. Whether they are simply here to troll or are just so inept at common curiosity and communicating with other people is irrelevant - they are causing trouble. While smacking down the proverbial ban hammer on these users would probably make us all happy, perhaps we need to establish some ground rules for posting in the general sections of the forum to keep people on topic. Most of the issues I have seen come from threads that have little/nothing to do with BMW at all.

Lastly, I do believe the Mods are fantastic. It's not an easy job (believe me, I know) but you guys handle the task very well. Too many sites today are either run by kids or by over-aggressive administrators. BimmerPost strikes a great balance and the result is a top notch forum, even despite some little annoyances from Socal.

As for the reasoning behind all this? Simple. The huge percentage of leased BMWs in SoCal are starting to fall into the hands of kids. Laugh if you want, but it's true.
__________________

jopa489 is offline   United_States
0
      12-19-2009, 09:36 AM   #40
footie
Major General
 
footie's Avatar
 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

Posts: 7,507
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jopa489 View Post
As for the reasoning behind all this? Simple. The huge percentage of leased BMWs in SoCal are starting to fall into the hands of kids. Laugh if you want, but it's true.
Are you then under the impression that BMW through their ultra competitive leasing deals are lowering the class image of the brand in America at least.

Like how much more competitive are they in comparison to Mercedes, Lexus or Audi?
footie is offline   No_Country
0
      12-19-2009, 11:52 AM   #41
gonzo
Brigadier General
 
gonzo's Avatar
 
Drives: as many as possible
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TeXXXas

Posts: 4,980
iTrader: (0)

Crown?

I can't believe you've done this. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)

62,735 looks to see ^.
__________________
Crazy Diamond
gonzo is offline   United_States
0
      12-19-2009, 12:12 PM   #42
jopa489
BMW/Detailing Addict
 
jopa489's Avatar
 
Drives: Estoril F30 335i 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New England

Posts: 6,561
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Are you then under the impression that BMW through their ultra competitive leasing deals are lowering the class image of the brand in America at least.

Like how much more competitive are they in comparison to Mercedes, Lexus or Audi?
It was a joke, don't read so much into it.
__________________

jopa489 is offline   United_States
0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:50 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST