BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....
 
OneEighty
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-17-2009, 11:00 AM   #67
graider
Colonel
graider's Avatar
26
Rep
2,408
Posts

 
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: toronto

iTrader: (0)

i don't know about you guys, but i think the m3 is better looking than the s5 inside out. the s5 is pretty bland IMO. the only thing I think it has over the m3 is the recaro seat, hehe.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2009, 12:08 PM   #68
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
555
Rep
46,037
Posts

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondrian View Post
Hey everyone! I search these forums often marveling at the pictures of all the M3s on the images/gallery section, but just recently made an account. I was wondering what your thoughts were on a BMW M3 vs. an Audi S5? Now these aren't the best two cars to have for comparison, but they're close enough. I love the aesthetics of the Audi way more over the BMW. To me the BMW is just far too dull and reserved, which in my opinion it shouldn't be considering the price and power. The M3, however, dominates in speed which makes it a tough choice. Your thoughts?
so the S5 is like the hot chick that sucks in bed. the M3 is the conservatives chick that rocks your world in bed i agree with your assessment but if performance, handling, "soul", has to do with the equation then the M3 is a far superior car. If you're in love with the audi, hell it's gorgeous, why not wait for the RS5
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2009, 03:49 AM   #69
brava09
Captain
brava09's Avatar
12
Rep
724
Posts

 
Drives: '11 Audi RS5
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
i don't know about you guys, but i think the m3 is better looking than the s5 inside out. the s5 is pretty bland IMO. the only thing I think it has over the m3 is the recaro seat, hehe.
+1

The S5 has a disproportionate large front end

IDK about the interior, S5 seems a bit better.
__________________
11 Audi RS5 Misano Red
08 E92 M3 Jerez Black 6MT--sold
08 E92 335i 6MT traded in for M3
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2009, 03:52 AM   #70
brava09
Captain
brava09's Avatar
12
Rep
724
Posts

 
Drives: '11 Audi RS5
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Xoible View Post
so the S5 is like the hot chick that sucks in bed. the M3 is the conservatives chick that rocks your world in bed i agree with your assessment but if performance, handling, "soul", has to do with the equation then the M3 is a far superior car. If you're in love with the audi, hell it's gorgeous, why not wait for the RS5

good analogy


The S5 sportback is no longer a V8, it's turbo V6

Who knows, maybe the RS5 is turbo V6 as well?
__________________
11 Audi RS5 Misano Red
08 E92 M3 Jerez Black 6MT--sold
08 E92 335i 6MT traded in for M3
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2009, 05:17 AM   #71
footie
Major General
footie's Avatar
No_Country
155
Rep
7,507
Posts

 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by brava09 View Post
good analogy


The S5 sportback is no longer a V8, it's turbo V6

Who knows, maybe the RS5 is turbo V6 as well?
No the RS5 is a ultra high revving 4.2FSI, with a redline at 8500rpm and a cut-off at 8750rpm.

Personally not my engine of choice but then I am not the one in charge of quattroGmbH.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:34 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST