BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-10-2009, 11:47 PM   #1
leeor
Banned
 
Drives: 2010 Blue Prius III
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 2,393
iTrader: (4)

OEM wheel lock

So, my car came with wheel locks. I got new wheels, and the lock wont fit so I had to purchase new ones...

what im wondering is, how do i get the key smaller or what kind of locks are these?

I was told they're mcgards and I know mcgards can get their locks reordered if u lose them

so does anyone know if i can get a modified lock for the ones i got with the car? thanks!
leeor is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-11-2009, 11:02 AM   #2
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
 
Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe, 2012 ML350
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lake Oswego, OR

Posts: 7,372
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Wheel locks

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeor View Post
So, my car came with wheel locks. I got new wheels, and the lock wont fit so I had to purchase new ones...

what im wondering is, how do i get the key smaller or what kind of locks are these?

I was told they're mcgards and I know mcgards can get their locks reordered if u lose them

so does anyone know if i can get a modified lock for the ones i got with the car? thanks!
I don't understand your question. You now have two sets of wheels and two sets of locks that fit them, with keys, correct?

All lock bolts should have a code stamped on them. I believe on the stock ones they are in the concave center. The dealer can reorder keys based on that code, I believe.
__________________

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/Sakhir/CF
2012 ML350
GregW / Oregon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-11-2009, 05:59 PM   #3
leeor
Banned
 
Drives: 2010 Blue Prius III
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 2,393
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
I don't understand your question. You now have two sets of wheels and two sets of locks that fit them, with keys, correct?

All lock bolts should have a code stamped on them. I believe on the stock ones they are in the concave center. The dealer can reorder keys based on that code, I believe.
i was saying my OEM locks key wont fit in the rim hole to screw in the bolt... but i believe you answered my question!

thank u!
leeor is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-11-2009, 11:33 PM   #4
elp_jc
Brigadier General
 
Drives: .
Join Date: May 2008
Location: .

Posts: 4,910
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeor View Post
i was saying my OEM locks key wont fit in the rim hole to screw in the bolt.
I understood you couldn't fit the key into the rim, not the lock itself. If I'm not mistaken, there're 7 different keys, from 'ABC30' to 'ABC36'. Hope you need some sort of proof of wheel-lock purchase to buy them. And McGard keys are completely different. Keep us posted.
elp_jc is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-16-2009, 05:38 AM   #5
leeor
Banned
 
Drives: 2010 Blue Prius III
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 2,393
iTrader: (4)

I wasnt able to find any code, help?! thanks!
leeor is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-16-2009, 09:35 AM   #6
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
 
Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe, 2012 ML350
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lake Oswego, OR

Posts: 7,372
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
OEM locking wheel bolt code

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeor View Post
I wasnt able to find any code, help?! thanks!
What in the hell are you doing posting at 2:30 in the morning?!! I was not remembering correctly. The code on the key is on the concave head. The code on the lock is on the threaded end. I believe it is not on the cap end because a thief could then read the code and buy the key necessary. Here is mine:
Attached Images
 
__________________

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/Sakhir/CF
2012 ML350

Last edited by GregW / Oregon; 12-16-2009 at 11:15 PM.
GregW / Oregon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:03 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST