BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-13-2009, 12:53 PM   #67
stylinexpat
Captain
stylinexpat's Avatar
37
Rep
814
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Aug 2008

iTrader: (0)

Nice run Those E55's are beasts
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2009, 08:45 PM   #68
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
DLSJ5's Avatar
United_States
91
Rep
3,498
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by noxredna View Post
Some people say the shorter ratio might slow the car down... to be honest, I don't know.. considering that our DCT shifts soo fast. Then again, I use launch control for my best run.. from what I'm hearing, you have your traction control off and you just throttle in; is that correct? I might try to get a set of radials for spring time then.

Awesome job man - really nice stuff. I still remember last spring, everyone doubted that our M3s will break 11s. Your run clearly shows that a well tuned M3 will shatter the 12 second mark! Keep pushing it!
The 3.62's should make the car faster. I just heated the DR's and mashed the throttle. Radials are really the key to getting a good ET. Thanks again!
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.44s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2009, 08:46 PM   #69
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
DLSJ5's Avatar
United_States
91
Rep
3,498
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinexpat View Post
Nice run Those E55's are beasts
Thanks, that particular E55 was very quick!
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.44s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2009, 12:14 AM   #70
BadBoostedBMWM3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
5
Rep
221
Posts

 
Drives: e36 TURBO M3
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Louisville, KY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
Thanks Bro! GIAC tuned as well.
LOL...

I understand where you are coming from. I mean IMO GIAC tunes are awesome and obviously the cars would have to have tune with the SC, that BS was non sense! I mean I do not like resistors, but whatever works.

BTW, how do you burn out with the DCT? And, that SC'd e9X m3 was a beast trapping 130mph.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2009, 12:16 PM   #71
stylinexpat
Captain
stylinexpat's Avatar
37
Rep
814
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Aug 2008

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
The 3.62's should make the car faster. I just heated the DR's and mashed the throttle. Radials are really the key to getting a good ET. Thanks again!
I was thinking about swapping my differential and adding a LSD but decided against it after seeing that there weren't much performance gains since I had a DCT tranny.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2009, 11:30 PM   #72
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
DLSJ5's Avatar
United_States
91
Rep
3,498
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBoostedBMWM3 View Post
LOL...

I understand where you are coming from. I mean IMO GIAC tunes are awesome and obviously the cars would have to have tune with the SC, that BS was non sense! I mean I do not like resistors, but whatever works.

BTW, how do you burn out with the DCT? And, that SC'd e9X m3 was a beast trapping 130mph.
Back the car up into the water box, pull forward a bit, mash the pedal, and then apply the brake. Agreed on the Gintani SC'd car!
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.44s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2009, 11:31 PM   #73
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
DLSJ5's Avatar
United_States
91
Rep
3,498
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinexpat View Post
I was thinking about swapping my differential and adding a LSD but decided against it after seeing that there weren't much performance gains since I had a DCT tranny.
Since I most likely will be going FI, I'm gonna skip the diff, at least for now.
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.44s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2009, 01:20 AM   #74
noxredna
Captain
noxredna's Avatar
17
Rep
670
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Coupe, 2012 BMW M5
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Philadelphia & Singapore

iTrader: (0)

I have a DCT tranny with the 3.62 diff and you can definitely feel the difference.. considering that we don't have to worry about shifting more often as it is as simple as pulling the lever and paddle.

Definitely rev the car a lot faster to its power band - as evidenced by the 12.2 1/4 mile time on street tires..

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinexpat View Post
I was thinking about swapping my differential and adding a LSD but decided against it after seeing that there weren't much performance gains since I had a DCT tranny.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2009, 01:43 AM   #75
niterider
Proove It!
14
Rep
633
Posts

 
Drives: Gintani Supercharged
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: City of Angels

iTrader: (0)

Like always, Drew putting it down for the M cars on the drag strip. Congrats bro!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2009, 03:21 PM   #76
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
DLSJ5's Avatar
United_States
91
Rep
3,498
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by noxredna View Post
I have a DCT tranny with the 3.62 diff and you can definitely feel the difference.. considering that we don't have to worry about shifting more often as it is as simple as pulling the lever and paddle.

Definitely rev the car a lot faster to its power band - as evidenced by the 12.2 1/4 mile time on street tires..
Good point, technically it should help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niterider View Post
Like always, Drew putting it down for the M cars on the drag strip. Congrats bro!
Thanks Brotha!
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.44s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2009, 04:46 PM   #77
Mote
Colonel
Mote's Avatar
Colombia
51
Rep
2,162
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 - 1991 E30
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Beverly Hills, CA

iTrader: (0)

Amazing run Drew! I knew you'd break into the 11's. Congrats brotha!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2009, 12:44 PM   #78
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
DLSJ5's Avatar
United_States
91
Rep
3,498
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mote View Post
Amazing run Drew! I knew you'd break into the 11's. Congrats brotha!
Thanks Brotha, you need to come out to the track next time, no doubt you have an 11 second car as well.
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.44s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2009, 12:15 AM   #79
icemang17
Captain
icemang17's Avatar
15
Rep
644
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Stockton CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
Thanks Brotha, you need to come out to the track next time, no doubt you have an 11 second car as well.
WOW
great times and your local to me too...I also have an 98 Melbourne red DCT coupe...too funny.... I really need to get to the track to give it a try...

What did you run stock on stock street tires? Was it any faster using launch mode?
__________________
Brian
2008 E92 M3, MR, DCT, extended BB leather, loaded!
1988 Porsche 928S4, Guards red/Champagne leather
1989 Porsche 928S4 track beast!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2009, 12:38 PM   #80
stylinexpat
Captain
stylinexpat's Avatar
37
Rep
814
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Aug 2008

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
Good point, technically it should help.



Thanks Brotha!
Last I remember the track times were not any better for the 1/4 mile with the modified differential.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2009, 05:16 PM   #81
chd2
Driver
chd2's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
119
Posts

 
Drives: 09 E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seabrook, TX

iTrader: (0)

Man I can't wait to take mine to the 1/4 mile track!!! I never thought one of us with simple bolt-ons would break into the 11's...I traded in a Z06 that ran 11.6 and didn't think I would see anything close to that in this car.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2009, 07:33 PM   #82
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
DLSJ5's Avatar
United_States
91
Rep
3,498
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by chd2 View Post
Man I can't wait to take mine to the 1/4 mile track!!! I never thought one of us with simple bolt-ons would break into the 11's...I traded in a Z06 that ran 11.6 and didn't think I would see anything close to that in this car.
For the HP/TQ the car makes, it is an over achiever IMHO, but no doubt a Z06 is faster. With boost it's going to be a lot of fun. Best of luck, and I hope you get into the 11's, just make sure you get a good launch, the rest is easy.
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.44s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2009, 05:35 PM   #83
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
31
Rep
1,211
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 330 CI ZHP
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
Stroker+DCT = Yes. Stroker + 6MT = I'm more pessimistic. From this, Famoso, and various 60-130 results, it looks like the DCT has a near insurmountable advantage over the 6MT.
Not sure. Granted, JonMartin's 6 speed manual M3 was almost neck and neck with DLSJ5's M-DCT in a drag race with similar mods with DLSJ5 being a nose ahead, I would think it is entirely possible to get the 6 speed manual to break into the 11s with just bolt-ons.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
For the HP/TQ the car makes, it is an over achiever IMHO, but no doubt a Z06 is faster. With boost it's going to be a lot of fun. Best of luck, and I hope you get into the 11's, just make sure you get a good launch, the rest is easy.
Great work DLSJ5!!! You truly are proving M3 is not only a great race track car, but the engine is truly astonishing even for drag racing.

I remember how the E46 M3s needed supercharger + nitrous + stripped out interior + full bolt-ons to break the 12s. A good example was JMWeb's E46 M3 that ran a 11.99 secs with all those mods and 500+ wheel HP.

The S65 is truly an astonishing motor that can get into the 11s completely on bolt-ons. I think it is all in how it delivers torque across the rev range that E46 M3 could never dream of. Great job!
__________________
""A great sounding, responsive, high-revving, naturally aspirated engine is part of the DNA of a thoroughbred sports car. No two ways about it."

- Lamborghini on turbocharging
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2009, 02:45 PM   #84
deanmc
Captain
deanmc's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
877
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 325i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (15)

Garage List
2006 325i  [5.00]
Just saw this thread...holy crap your car is quick!

BTW, I spotted for you guys a couple of times for those runs down in Mex. I'm Jhuang25's buddy.

Congrats again brotha!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2009, 01:03 PM   #85
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
DLSJ5's Avatar
United_States
91
Rep
3,498
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CIZHP View Post
Not sure. Granted, JonMartin's 6 speed manual M3 was almost neck and neck with DLSJ5's M-DCT in a drag race with similar mods with DLSJ5 being a nose ahead, I would think it is entirely possible to get the 6 speed manual to break into the 11s with just bolt-ons.




Great work DLSJ5!!! You truly are proving M3 is not only a great race track car, but the engine is truly astonishing even for drag racing.

I remember how the E46 M3s needed supercharger + nitrous + stripped out interior + full bolt-ons to break the 12s. A good example was JMWeb's E46 M3 that ran a 11.99 secs with all those mods and 500+ wheel HP.

The S65 is truly an astonishing motor that can get into the 11s completely on bolt-ons. I think it is all in how it delivers torque across the rev range that E46 M3 could never dream of. Great job!
Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanmc View Post
Just saw this thread...holy crap your car is quick!

BTW, I spotted for you guys a couple of times for those runs down in Mex. I'm Jhuang25's buddy.

Congrats again brotha!
Thanks Bro! I remember, haha, J's a great guy, so sorry to hear about his Proto 996tt. I was looking forward to seeing it in action.
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.44s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2010, 04:48 PM   #86
rAdzM
Smashed!
United_States
21
Rep
1,182
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Socal

iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [5.00]
2006 BMW M5  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
Since I most likely will be going FI, I'm gonna skip the diff, at least for now.
Which FI are you going with?
__________________
est. 2008

BBS / Brembo / KW / Recaro / VARIS / Vorsteiner / BMW Performance / Oneighty / Dinan
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2010, 08:22 PM   #87
Mike@MHP
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

 
Drives: FX4 Ranger, daily driver
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Phoenix AZ area

iTrader: (0)

Great run DLSJ5! I have not been to sactown raceway in years. I will have to stop by and see the racing next time I am in town. Until then keep running it hard!

Do you run Thunderhill as well?

Last edited by Mike@MHP; 01-10-2010 at 12:54 AM.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2010, 08:37 PM   #88
bobbyd1961
Banned
26
Rep
2,411
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 M3 sedan LeMans Blue
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: new jersey

iTrader: (0)

did you beat the mercedes? he looked like he had the lead most of the way
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST