BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-14-2007, 03:40 AM   #23
SoYank
Major General
SoYank's Avatar
United_States
88
Rep
7,504
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Brighton, Colorado

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Send a message via Yahoo to SoYank Send a message via Skype™ to SoYank
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki
Yes all of the corals and plants are real, well everything in the tank is real besides the equipment of course lol.
Yeah, the equipment is a figment of everyone's imagination.
__________________
2009 E90 335i Montego Blue Black Leather Burl Walnut 6MT US Spec
SatNav ZPP ZCW 6FL TPMS iDrive PDC HWS Xenons BMW Assist Power Rear Sunshade Logic 7
European Taillights Rear Foglamp OEM Alarm PicoTray DataToys XM-DVR Multi-view Processor
Quaife ATB LSD Short Shift Knob Hartge Anti-Roll Bars AP Racing Front Brakes 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2007, 05:04 PM   #24
2009BMW335
Captain
8
Rep
674
Posts

 
Drives: .
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: davie, fl

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
lookin good. i really like those zoas. don't want to hijack your thread, but here is a pic of my 12g cube. my girlfriend has been taking care of it for the past month and surprisingly only my gonipora and cleaner shrimp died. oh and i see you're in south florida, did you get your corals locally?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2007, 05:05 PM   #25
Nikki
Major General
Nikki's Avatar
United_States
214
Rep
6,373
Posts

 
Drives: del Sol VTEC & Sepang Z4MC
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: OC

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesome
lookin good. i really like those zoas. don't want to hijack your thread, but here is a pic of my 12g cube. my girlfriend has been taking care of it for the past month and surprisingly only my gonipora and cleaner shrimp died. oh and i see you're in south florida, did you get your corals locally?

Looks nice!

Yeah all of the corals are either from Barrier Reef in Boca Raton or from people online that live in the area.
__________________
Nikki

Appreciate 0
      01-14-2007, 05:13 PM   #26
2009BMW335
Captain
8
Rep
674
Posts

 
Drives: .
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: davie, fl

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
sweet i've been to just about every fish shop in my area and it's hard to find corals that are worth the money.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2007, 05:15 PM   #27
Nikki
Major General
Nikki's Avatar
United_States
214
Rep
6,373
Posts

 
Drives: del Sol VTEC & Sepang Z4MC
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: OC

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesome
sweet i've been to just about every fish shop in my area and it's hard to find corals that are worth the money.
Yeah I go to my LFS regularly and they hardly ever have anything worth it. I usually wait and maybe once a month they have some nice frags for like $15.
__________________
Nikki

Appreciate 0
      01-14-2007, 06:52 PM   #28
TommyBahama
Second Lieutenant
United_States
3
Rep
260
Posts

 
Drives: e90 330i
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Umass

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesome
sweet i've been to just about every fish shop in my area and it's hard to find corals that are worth the money.
learn to dive buy a pick and rent a boat?

pics from my tank.




Appreciate 0
      01-15-2007, 01:53 PM   #29
2009BMW335
Captain
8
Rep
674
Posts

 
Drives: .
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: davie, fl

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBahama
learn to dive buy a pick and rent a boat?

eh i've been out with a slurp gun a few times and i realized i'm as blind as a bat. sweet pics though. what camera is that?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2007, 02:34 PM   #30
TommyBahama
Second Lieutenant
United_States
3
Rep
260
Posts

 
Drives: e90 330i
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Umass

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesome
eh i've been out with a slurp gun a few times and i realized i'm as blind as a bat. sweet pics though. what camera is that?
nothing special just some random sony 4meg.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2007, 03:03 PM   #31
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
134
Rep
11,038
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 BS 330i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: S. Bay Area, CA + Newark, NJ + ChiCity + True Blue

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki
Yes all of the corals and plants are real, well everything in the tank is real besides the equipment of course lol.
u dont have any of those tank cleaning fish do u? are those salt water fishes?
__________________
looking for a PreLCI Black Sapphire e90 front bumper without license plate holes

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2007, 03:05 PM   #32
Nikki
Major General
Nikki's Avatar
United_States
214
Rep
6,373
Posts

 
Drives: del Sol VTEC & Sepang Z4MC
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: OC

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz
u dont have any of those tank cleaning fish do u? are those salt water fishes?
I have a cleaner shrimp, hermit crabs, snails, and a sand sifting starfish that clean my tank.
__________________
Nikki

Appreciate 0
      01-15-2007, 03:14 PM   #33
TommyBahama
Second Lieutenant
United_States
3
Rep
260
Posts

 
Drives: e90 330i
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Umass

iTrader: (0)

last year i made a totally self contained fish tank. cost me 18 bucks and it lived for 6 1/2 months w/o any help from me other than opening the blinds so it can get some light.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2007, 04:12 PM   #34
2009BMW335
Captain
8
Rep
674
Posts

 
Drives: .
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: davie, fl

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBahama
last year i made a totally self contained fish tank. cost me 18 bucks and it lived for 6 1/2 months w/o any help from me other than opening the blinds so it can get some light.

what do you mean? what about filtration? how big was it? and were you holding corals??? i'd like to see pictures too, i'm pretty obsessed with aquariums
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2007, 05:08 PM   #35
findtom
Colonel
findtom's Avatar
Canada
83
Rep
2,656
Posts

 
Drives: E60 545i
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2005 545i  [0.00]
I love the little Nemo fish.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2007, 05:08 PM   #36
findtom
Colonel
findtom's Avatar
Canada
83
Rep
2,656
Posts

 
Drives: E60 545i
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2005 545i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBahama
learn to dive buy a pick and rent a boat?

pics from my tank.

That is an ugly mofo right there.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2007, 05:23 PM   #37
TommyBahama
Second Lieutenant
United_States
3
Rep
260
Posts

 
Drives: e90 330i
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Umass

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesome
what do you mean? what about filtration? how big was it? and were you holding corals??? i'd like to see pictures too, i'm pretty obsessed with aquariums
it was a fresh water tank, nothing real special. the light fed the plant, the plant fed the fish, the snail cleaned up after said fish.

it was completely sealed off it was for a self contained ecosystem project.

like i said it was only 18 bucks.

5 bucks for rocks 5 for jar i used as tank, 8 for plant and snail. fish was free.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2007, 07:28 PM   #38
Alpine
Major
Alpine's Avatar
17
Rep
1,425
Posts

 
Drives: e90 330i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Memphis, TN

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki
Yeah I go to my LFS regularly and they hardly ever have anything worth it. I usually wait and maybe once a month they have some nice frags for like $15.
Ok, I gotta ask, How do you know if a coral is 'worth it'?? I didn't know there was a science to corals in aquariums.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2007, 08:00 PM   #39
teknochild
Your resident 4um troll
teknochild's Avatar
37
Rep
2,021
Posts

 
Drives: 335 coupe
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: fl

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBahama
it was a fresh water tank, nothing real special. the light fed the plant, the plant fed the fish, the snail cleaned up after said fish.

it was completely sealed off it was for a self contained ecosystem project.

like i said it was only 18 bucks.

5 bucks for rocks 5 for jar i used as tank, 8 for plant and snail. fish was free.
we did that in highschool biology with those jam jars, naturally many kids ended up with some green goopy smelly mess
__________________
RAWRrrrr
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2007, 08:09 PM   #40
2009BMW335
Captain
8
Rep
674
Posts

 
Drives: .
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: davie, fl

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine
Ok, I gotta ask, How do you know if a coral is 'worth it'?? I didn't know there was a science to corals in aquariums.
to me a coral isn't worth it if it is
a)bleached or partially bleached
b)unhealthy looking or in a really dirty tank
c)way overpriced

a lot of the lfs i've been to down here have nice corals, but they are overpriced compared to deals i can find online including shipping. granted there is a huge opportunity cost and lfs like any local businesses need to make money. on the other hand, a lot of shops have extremely dirty tanks and corals that look nearly dead. i can't believe it when i see completely dead corals still for sale, but i see it regularly

edit: lfs=local fish shop
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST