BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest
 
Strasse Wheels
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-29-2009, 06:57 PM   #1
calintexas
Major
calintexas's Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
1,416
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Texas

iTrader: (1)

Protective Plastic Wrap in the DFW Area?

I've been thinking about a clear bra for my new car as the front bumper/airdam on my E46 got really trashed over the years. At Cars and Coffee on Saturday, I saw an Audi that a complete front wrap had been done on. It was beautiful. I couldn't see any seams or tell that it had been done. The installer is Norm Schilling, who does business as Invisibra. Does anyone have experience with Norm or have other recommendations as far as installers go?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2009, 07:10 PM   #2
QTRM3
Second Lieutenant
QTRM3's Avatar
Qatar
3
Rep
209
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 2008 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dallas, Texas

iTrader: (1)

I got mine from Stuart's(http://www.stuartspnb.com/) they did a good installation job.

I don't know what brand clear bra they used but its start turning yellow after 4 months. I guess the best thing to do is to buy good one by your self and then get them to install it for you.
__________________

Remus Race Exhaust, AA X-Pipe Castles, AA SSK, AA ECU Tune, Evo Sport Pulleys, AFE Filter & Air Scope, HRE P40 20, H&R Springs ...
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2009, 07:20 PM   #3
DevJ
Colonel
DevJ's Avatar
35
Rep
2,712
Posts

 
Drives: '14 Cayman S/IS350/RRS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tulsa, OK

iTrader: (1)

^^ He's right. Stuart is very good. Also check out Norm..his site is http://www.invisibra.net/

A know a few people that have used him and have been very happy with his work
__________________
E92 M3. SOLD
New: '14 Cayman S PDK
Incoming: GT-R Black Edition
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2009, 08:15 PM   #4
calintexas
Major
calintexas's Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
1,416
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Texas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevJ View Post
^^ He's right. Stuart is very good. Also check out Norm..his site is http://www.invisibra.net/

A know a few people that have used him and have been very happy with his work
Thanks DevJ and QTRM3. I've looked at Norm's site. He talks about all the things I'm on the lookout for after reading other threads over the last several days.

QTRM3 - i just looked at Stuarts site. He says they use 3M material. Given their rep for high quality work, you should go show Stuart what's happening with your wrap. I see now that your car is white. Any issues with the wrap material are going to show up quickly. I'd still talk to Stuart though.
__________________

Last edited by calintexas; 11-29-2009 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Updated Info
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2009, 09:07 PM   #5
QTRM3
Second Lieutenant
QTRM3's Avatar
Qatar
3
Rep
209
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 2008 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dallas, Texas

iTrader: (1)

The guys at Stuarts are really good and I'm sure if I talked to them they will replace it.

It is have been on my to do list but I couldn't find the time to do it yet
__________________

Remus Race Exhaust, AA X-Pipe Castles, AA SSK, AA ECU Tune, Evo Sport Pulleys, AFE Filter & Air Scope, HRE P40 20, H&R Springs ...
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2009, 08:41 AM   #6
M3NNIS
Colonel
M3NNIS's Avatar
44
Rep
2,191
Posts

 
Drives: a truck for now
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: DFW

iTrader: (6)

Send a message via AIM to M3NNIS Send a message via MSN to M3NNIS
call Trey at http://www.speedshieldusa.com/

he did several of my cars and does a super job and price is very reasonable.
Attached Images
     
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2009, 08:43 AM   #7
M3NNIS
Colonel
M3NNIS's Avatar
44
Rep
2,191
Posts

 
Drives: a truck for now
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: DFW

iTrader: (6)

Send a message via AIM to M3NNIS Send a message via MSN to M3NNIS
one of the best things about Trey is that he designs all his installs so they are usually bigger and cover more area then ... well anyone probably. also he does full wraps
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2009, 08:59 AM   #8
Total Building
New Member
0
Rep
11
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Dallas

iTrader: (0)

BUMP FOR TREY.. Has done about 10 of our cars. Hands down the best... 817-999-5925

He is located in North Dallas
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2009, 06:39 PM   #9
Z06_7.0l
New Member
0
Rep
24
Posts

 
Drives: slow truck
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: aggie town

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTRM3 View Post
I got mine from Stuart's(http://www.stuartspnb.com/) they did a good installation job.

I don't know what brand clear bra they used but its start turning yellow after 4 months. I guess the best thing to do is to buy good one by your self and then get them to install it for you.
I've said it once but ill say it again, You must use Clearshield if you have a white vehicle. I dont care what the clear bra dealer tries to tell you, this is the only film Ive seen that holds up on white cars long term. (this is coming from a former clear bra installer that has tried all the films).
Hope this helps

Oh one last thing. Normally a installer wont install film that you buy yourself and bring to them. Or if they do, they wont warranty the clear bra. So its best to consult your installer before purchasing any kits on your own.

Last edited by Z06_7.0l; 12-06-2009 at 06:54 PM.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2009, 07:15 PM   #10
htp autoworks
Private
0
Rep
58
Posts

 
Drives: A fast one...
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Fort Worth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06_7.0l View Post
I've said it once but ill say it again, You must use Clearshield if you have a white vehicle. I dont care what the clear bra dealer tries to tell you, this is the only film Ive seen that holds up on white cars long term. (this is coming from a former clear bra installer that has tried all the films).
Hope this helps

Oh one last thing. Normally a installer wont install film that you buy yourself and bring to them. Or if they do, they wont warranty the clear bra. So its best to consult your installer before purchasing any kits on your own.
Interesting post. ClearShield is Bekaert... one of the worst films out there (IMHO). There is a reason why they only have about 5% of the paint protection film market. I have installed it before and thought it was horrible. I would put it up against VentureShield Ultra any day of the week. But thats just my .02
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2009, 08:14 PM   #11
Z06_7.0l
New Member
0
Rep
24
Posts

 
Drives: slow truck
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: aggie town

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by htp autoworks View Post
Interesting post. ClearShield is Bekaert... one of the worst films out there (IMHO). There is a reason why they only have about 5% of the paint protection film market. I have installed it before and thought it was horrible. I would put it up against VentureShield Ultra any day of the week. But thats just my .02
Im not going to get into a debate over this topic because it would go on forever.

VentureShield is widely used and excepted by installers because its easy as heck to install, and that means less practice and knowhow for installers.

You obviously push VentureShileld film so you will obviously say its better.

My non biased opinion(non biased because i dont clear bra anymore) is that Clearshiled holds up its transparency better on white vehicles than other films out their. And it sure is hell holds up better than Ventureshield ultra on White BMW M3's!! And if you dont believe me there are a few of my old customers on this forum that will contest to the film.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2009, 08:38 PM   #12
FusionM
Private First Class
United_States
2
Rep
180
Posts

 
Drives: .
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

+1 for Clearshield

1.5 YEARS and looks as great as the day it was installed!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06_7.0l View Post
Im not going to get into a debate over this topic because it would go on forever.

VentureShield is widely used and excepted by installers because its easy as heck to install, and that means less practice and knowhow for installers.

You obviously push VentureShileld film so you will obviously say its better.

My non biased opinion(non biased because i dont clear bra anymore) is that Clearshiled holds up its transparency better on white vehicles than other films out their. And it sure is hell holds up better than Ventureshield ultra on White BMW M3's!! And if you dont believe me there are a few of my old customers on this forum that will contest to the film.

Last edited by FusionM; 12-07-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2009, 09:57 PM   #13
htp autoworks
Private
0
Rep
58
Posts

 
Drives: A fast one...
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Fort Worth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06_7.0l View Post
Im not going to get into a debate over this topic because it would go on forever.

VentureShield is widely used and excepted by installers because its easy as heck to install, and that means less practice and knowhow for installers.

You obviously push VentureShileld film so you will obviously say its better.

My non biased opinion(non biased because i dont clear bra anymore) is that Clearshiled holds up its transparency better on white vehicles than other films out their. And it sure is hell holds up better than Ventureshield ultra on White BMW M3's!! And if you dont believe me there are a few of my old customers on this forum that will contest to the film.
And you arent pushing Bekaert??? LOL. I have installed it before (yes it is a pain in the ass to install) and I have also seen it on a car after 6 months. It didnt hold up well and has way too much orange peel in it. Could be why they only have a 5 year warranty against VentureShield's lifetime. And if you havent been installing for a while then I guess you havent used VentureShield Ultra (top coat) since it is a fairly new film. With all of that said, there is still a reason why Bekaert has a very small portion of the PPF industry. If it was a good film then I assume everyone would want it, install it, and have good results with it.

By the way "Robert", your post back as early as 26 october 09 is stated as you are still installing film. At least thats what you claim. So how long ago did you quit installing film? Was it before or after you put your 42" Roland plotter up for sale? Maybe 15 November of this year? Just curious... I mean it helps me understand how unbiased your opinion is.

Last edited by htp autoworks; 12-06-2009 at 10:14 PM.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2009, 10:45 PM   #14
Z06_7.0l
New Member
0
Rep
24
Posts

 
Drives: slow truck
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: aggie town

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by htp autoworks View Post
And you arent pushing Bekaert??? LOL. I have installed it before (yes it is a pain in the ass to install) and I have also seen it on a car after 6 months. It didnt hold up well and has way too much orange peel in it. Could be why they only have a 5 year warranty against VentureShield's lifetime. And if you havent been installing for a while then I guess you havent used VentureShield Ultra (top coat) since it is a fairly new film. With all of that said, there is still a reason why Bekaert has a very small portion of the PPF industry. If it was a good film then I assume everyone would want it, install it, and have good results with it.

By the way "Robert", your post back as early as 26 october 09 is stated as you are still installing film. At least thats what you claim. So how long ago did you quit installing film? Was it before or after you put your 42" Roland plotter up for sale? Maybe 15 November of this year? Just curious... I mean it helps me understand how unbiased your opinion is.

Man your post is a mess. Let me see where to begin.


If is say i stopped clear braing that means i dont clear bra any more. Why the heck would i say i dont clear bra any more yet still do it. Obviously that would be bad for business and confuse the heck out of people. Check my website you will see i dont have my clear braing page up anymore.

Oh also show me where in my post i say "i havenít been clear braing for a while" ? I stopped recently. I never said I stopped years ago. And yes i have used VentureShield Ultra extensively, and used it as one of my go to films. I never said it was crap film(you need to read peoples posts). What i said was when clear braing white cars you should use Clearshield as in my opinion it will hold up the best on white vehicles.

A good clear bra-er doesn't just use one type of film and tell everyone its the best hands down, what he does is tests as many films as he can, figure out which ones are the best and keep them in his tool box, so he can custom tailor the install to the customers needs.

As for selling my plotter, whats your point? I've gone back to school to get my degree, so i stopped clear braing. I have all this equipment at home so as of recently i decided to try to liquidate my equipment.

PS. As a disclaimer I have not used Proforms brand new film so i can not say how it personally fairs on white vehicles that i have done.

Last edited by Z06_7.0l; 12-06-2009 at 11:43 PM.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST