BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

11-14-2009, 12:26 PM   #45
Levi
Brigadier General

Drives: Alfa Romeo

Why this question? Audi had nothing to compete against the M5 E60. The S6 was nothing compared to it. And many years later, Audi comes out with an RS6, V10 that revs till only 7K whereas the M5 goes over 8K. But the RS6 has more torque on low rev? Just wait till the next M5 F10 that is soon to come. Even if it gets exactly the same engine as the X5/X6 M it will weigh lighter than the actual M5 E60, it will beat every car (RS6, E63 AMG, CTS-V, Panamera Turbo) an even the M3 E92 weater on straight line or around the track (driving pleasure is another thing).
0-100 km/h: <4.1 sec (8 speed sport-automatic or 7 speed dual-clutch)
V-Max: >320 km/h
N-Ring: <7:55 min

What type of BMW would beat the RS6??????
By far the M5 F10!!!!!!
Levi is offline   Germany
      11-14-2009, 02:31 PM   #46
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness

Drives: Slowly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblaze View Post
the autobahn is partly limited, and the rest unlimited, this has been the case for decades, the places its limited in are around the cities and place that go along with the noise restriction. there is still a very large amount of unlimited parts and roads in germany. you just got to go the right place, but they are slowly trying to make more sections limited.

been to the famous autobahn and did 200+ km with other car enthusiast i did this in 06 and earlt 07. maxed my subaru out at 240km with not much to spare

id like to get some factual info if this has changed! i had a blast

i went to a few major cities in germany and to euro park or somthing, kinda like disney land
Check my location, I'm IN Germany. Yes, there are large portions of the Autobahn that are unregulated. My point was, as you pointed out as well, there ARE speed limits here. The common misconception is that one can hop on the Autobahn and drive all over the country unregulated which simply isn't true.
quality_sound is offline   United_States
      11-14-2009, 02:34 PM   #47
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness

Drives: Slowly

Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
i personally don't like wagon. it is like half car, half SUV. I would buy a car with a trunk or an SUV if you like hatch.
Except that wagons were around much longer so an SUV is really a half wagon half truck. I think your opinion shows a huge underlying problem with car buyers. They think if they need any kind of space the first jump is to an SUV. 99% of SUV buyers would be better served by a wagon or hell, even a minivan. There are VERY few cases I can think of where another more fuel efficient vehicle wouldn't serve the purpose better.
quality_sound is offline   United_States