BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

Lux Angel Eyes

11-09-2009, 07:37 PM   #1
elp_jc
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: .

Replaced the battery on your C.A. (comfort access) key? Please step in.

Just trying to establish a relationship between mileage and age to guess the average battery life we can expect based on our usage (mine is a lot more time than mileage). With no 'low battery' warning, I don't want to lose all my key settings on a trip, plus not having the tools to do the job with no damage.

If you don't mind, please state the following info at the time of replacement:
- Mileage
- Time from build date.
- Did you lose all your key settings or not?
- What were the symptoms of your battery dying? And how long did that take?

And if only one guy can answer the following, it'd be great:

- If you changed your battery quickly while still functional, were your key settings retained? If so, about how many seconds did you take to change it? Remember a salesman saying about 5, but want some facts . Many thanks folks.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2009, 09:42 AM   #2
E90M3CDFR
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: E91 Sportwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
If you don't mind, please state the following info at the time of replacement:
- Mileage
- Time from build date.
- Did you lose all your key settings or not?
- What were the symptoms of your battery dying? And how long did that take?
- If you changed your battery quickly while still functional, were your key settings retained? If so, about how many seconds did you take to change it? Remember a salesman saying about 5, but want some facts . Many thanks folks.
I changed out the batteries at about 15,000 miles (25,000kms) and one year plus one month from build date on the car. It seemed to me that the remote did not have the range when I used it as a remote vice comfort access opening. I did not lose the key settings and although I did it quickly it took me more than five seconds because (of course) I dropped a battery on the floor...
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2009, 06:48 PM   #3
elp_jc
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M3CDFR View Post
I changed out the batteries at about 15,000 miles (25,000kms) and one year plus one month from build date on the car. It seemed to me that the remote did not have the range when I used it as a remote vice comfort access opening. I did not lose the key settings and although I did it quickly it took me more than five seconds because (of course) I dropped a battery on the floor...
Thanks buddy; those are great news. And also means we have at least 10 seconds to replace it . Based on just your input, I'm going to go with 2-yr/15K-miles, whichever occurs first .
Appreciate 0