BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Engine | Drivetrain | Exhaust
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-01-2009, 12:31 PM   #45
disruptv
Major
 
Drives: 3M
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: ny

Posts: 1,145
iTrader: (10)

Garage List
09 3m  [0.00]
pm me slip on w/polished tips shipped 2 11746
disruptv is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2009, 04:11 PM   #46
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Nate@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

Posts: 10,283
iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by disruptv View Post
pm me slip on w/polished tips shipped 2 11746
PM sent
__________________
Nate@IND is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-03-2009, 12:36 AM   #47
doba_s
Major General
 
doba_s's Avatar
 
Drives: M3, 1M
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 6,101
iTrader: (26)

Send a message via Skype™ to doba_s
Nate,

where you guys able to produce some video clips ES vs Akra ?

Thanks.
doba_s is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-04-2009, 09:30 AM   #48
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Nate@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

Posts: 10,283
iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doba_s View Post
Nate,

where you guys able to produce some video clips ES vs Akra ?

Thanks.
Will be doing the video today
__________________
Nate@IND is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2009, 10:21 AM   #49
05SCM3
First Lieutenant
 
05SCM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Arizona

Posts: 377
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
Will be doing the video today
Looking forward to it!
05SCM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2009, 10:29 AM   #50
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Nate@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

Posts: 10,283
iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05SCM3 View Post
Looking forward to it!
It's a little hard to tell from this video. It was a windy day yesterday.

__________________
Nate@IND is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2009, 10:39 AM   #51
05SCM3
First Lieutenant
 
05SCM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Arizona

Posts: 377
iTrader: (4)

I take it that the one with the slightly deeper tone is the ES and the one with a little more rasp is the Akra?
05SCM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2009, 10:54 AM   #52
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Nate@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

Posts: 10,283
iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05SCM3 View Post
I take it that the one with the slightly deeper tone is the ES and the one with a little more rasp is the Akra?
Yep the Eisenmann Sport has a deeper tone than the full Akrapovic. It's really hard to tell from the video. There is not much rasp with the Akra at all.
__________________
Nate@IND is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2009, 11:43 AM   #53
RGuard250
Titanium TCP
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Honolulu

Posts: 168
iTrader: (0)

Nate,

Was that the full Akra evolution or only slip-on?
RGuard250 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2009, 03:09 PM   #54
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Nate@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

Posts: 10,283
iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGuard250 View Post
Nate,

Was that the full Akra evolution or only slip-on?
Full Akrapovic
__________________
Nate@IND is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2009, 12:44 PM   #55
doba_s
Major General
 
doba_s's Avatar
 
Drives: M3, 1M
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 6,101
iTrader: (26)

Send a message via Skype™ to doba_s
Nate what is the weight difference between Akra slip on and ES+pipes ?

Also, can Akra slip on be converted to Akra Evo down the road ?
doba_s is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-08-2009, 08:04 AM   #56
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
 
BMRLVR's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 2,326
iTrader: (3)

Props to Ilia and Nate..... they are gonna be furnishing my dealer with an Akrapovic Evolution system for my incomming M3 Individual. Very good to deal with, prompt responses to emails and they are just great guys all around.

I was going to get an Eisenmann sport from IND last year but things were looking unsure work wise due to my employer, Suncor Energy, going through a Merger with Petro Canada. The new Suncor cut it's workforce by over 1000 people and no one knew where they stood. Long story short, they told me they understood my circumstances and told me to call them when things were good with me and that is what I am doing now.

I literally can't wait to see and hear this exhaust. The ultimate M3 exhaust and the ultimate shop, IND. Great combination!

Thanks Guys!
__________________
2011 E90 M3 ZCP - Individual Moonstone/Individual Amarone Extended/Individual Piano Black With Inlay:LINK!!!
1994 Euro E36 M3 Sedan - Daytona Violet/Mulberry:LINK!!!
BMRLVR is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-08-2009, 09:13 AM   #57
Big Windy
Major General
 
Big Windy's Avatar
 
Drives: audi s4
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: seatac, wa

Posts: 5,118
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by doba_s View Post
Nate what is the weight difference between Akra slip on and ES+pipes ?

Also, can Akra slip on be converted to Akra Evo down the road ?
+1...good question doba. I want to know too about converting to Evo later

Nate, I saw in the other thread that polished tips are 990 euro/set. please tell me that is not the IND price.
__________________
Big Windy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-08-2009, 01:17 PM   #58
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Nate@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

Posts: 10,283
iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
Props to Ilia and Nate..... they are gonna be furnishing my dealer with an Akrapovic Evolution system for my incomming M3 Individual. Very good to deal with, prompt responses to emails and they are just great guys all around.

I was going to get an Eisenmann sport from IND last year but things were looking unsure work wise due to my employer, Suncor Energy, going through a Merger with Petro Canada. The new Suncor cut it's workforce by over 1000 people and no one knew where they stood. Long story short, they told me they understood my circumstances and told me to call them when things were good with me and that is what I am doing now.

I literally can't wait to see and hear this exhaust. The ultimate M3 exhaust and the ultimate shop, IND. Great combination!

Thanks Guys!
Thank you very much for the kind words Jamie. Ilia and I have a passion for BMW Individual M cars and are very excited to work with you and your dealership on this project. Talk to you soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Windy View Post
+1...good question doba. I want to know too about converting to Evo later

Nate, I saw in the other thread that polished tips are 990 euro/set. please tell me that is not the IND price.
The polished tips are special order only and cost around 400 euros extra. Pm me and will take care of you.
__________________
Nate@IND is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-08-2009, 02:51 PM   #59
RGuard250
Titanium TCP
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Honolulu

Posts: 168
iTrader: (0)

Nate,

How is it that the Akra EVO can be quieter than most other slip-on exhausts? Does it have more resonators? Also, when will the non-cel version be out? Thanks!
RGuard250 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-08-2009, 04:29 PM   #60
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Nate@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

Posts: 10,283
iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGuard250 View Post
Nate,

How is it that the Akra EVO can be quieter than most other slip-on exhausts? Does it have more resonators? Also, when will the non-cel version be out? Thanks!
That's what we love about the full Akrapovic EVO system. Most full systems on the market are very aggressive and maybe too loud for some. Akra's full system was designed to meet TUV standards and still make power. The DB level is street approved. There is one set of resonators and one set of 100 cpsi cats.
__________________
Nate@IND is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-08-2009, 07:47 PM   #61
doba_s
Major General
 
doba_s's Avatar
 
Drives: M3, 1M
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 6,101
iTrader: (26)

Send a message via Skype™ to doba_s
Quote:
Originally Posted by doba_s View Post
Nate what is the weight difference between Akra slip on and ES+pipes ?

Also, can Akra slip on be converted to Akra Evo down the road ?
so what is the weight difference ?
doba_s is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-09-2009, 09:59 AM   #62
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Nate@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

Posts: 10,283
iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doba_s View Post
so what is the weight difference ?
The Akrapovic slip-on system is 15lbs lighter than the Eisenmann Sport level.
__________________
Nate@IND is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-09-2009, 02:29 PM   #63
M3V8Power
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: M3E93
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 34
iTrader: (0)

Is this weight difference valid for the Eisenmann including link pipes, or is it only the muffler?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
The Akrapovic slip-on system is 15lbs lighter than the Eisenmann Sport level.
M3V8Power is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-09-2009, 05:10 PM   #64
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Nate@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

Posts: 10,283
iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3V8Power View Post
Is this weight difference valid for the Eisenmann including link pipes, or is it only the muffler?
Just the muffler only.
__________________
Nate@IND is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-10-2009, 01:08 AM   #65
M3V8Power
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: M3E93
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 34
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
Just the muffler only.
The Akrapovic comes with connecting pipes. So the difference should be even more when the Eisenmann also has pipes connected
M3V8Power is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-10-2009, 11:03 AM   #66
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Nate@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

Posts: 10,283
iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3V8Power View Post
The Akrapovic comes with connecting pipes. So the difference should be even more when the Eisenmann also has pipes connected
True the Eisenmann connecting pipes are about 5lbs. They are an option so I didn't add them to the total weight.
__________________
Nate@IND is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST