BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
 
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-05-2007, 03:03 AM   #23
ski360
Second Lieutenant
 
ski360's Avatar
 
Drives: 325i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Germany (US)

Posts: 251
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i
Where I come from is not an issue here.
Where I have been may be an issue because I have seen what people from other countries (Japan, Korea, China, Singapore, Taiwan, India, Malaysia, WHOLE Europe, Canada, Mexico...) think about this great country and the great people of this country. That makes me sad as I know a lot of people here and I know their views.
You, on the other hand have been heavily brainwashed and you take my comments as the hatred toward this country, and you don't see that it is purely toward the bad leadership that we had.

WHat I contribute to this society is probably much greater than you sitting somewhere in Germany and driving the Bimmer, but that is again not the point here...

So, the reality for me and 65% of Americans and 90% of the rest of the World may be different from your reality... I'll stick with the majority...
Gee maybe I'll fall back on something my parents taught me at a young age....I DON'T CARE WHAT PEOPLE THINK OF ME...or my country. Its hard to stand up and do the right thing and not the popular thing.

As for me being heavily branwashed I guess you could say so....One day about 8 year's ago I woke up and said "Hey ya know what I'd like to serve my country." I guess I could ask you who or what do you serve...but I don't care. Reality....never talk about reality until you've seen it first hand. As a soldier I do more before you get out of bed in the morning, then you do all day. That was my choice and I'm proud of what I do.

So you and your other buddies down there in Dallas...why don't you all get together crack another beer tonight sit down watch some more CNN or what ever. Then you can come back here and tell me more about reality. Like I said before Love it or Leave it.
ski360 is offline  
0
      01-05-2007, 08:56 AM   #24
dr335is
Brigadier General
 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ski360
Gee maybe I'll fall back on something my parents taught me at a young age....I DON'T CARE WHAT PEOPLE THINK OF ME...or my country. Its hard to stand up and do the right thing and not the popular thing.

As for me being heavily branwashed I guess you could say so....One day about 8 year's ago I woke up and said "Hey ya know what I'd like to serve my country." I guess I could ask you who or what do you serve...but I don't care. Reality....never talk about reality until you've seen it first hand. As a soldier I do more before you get out of bed in the morning, then you do all day. That was my choice and I'm proud of what I do.

So you and your other buddies down there in Dallas...why don't you all get together crack another beer tonight sit down watch some more CNN or what ever. Then you can come back here and tell me more about reality. Like I said before Love it or Leave it.
Again...ignorance..."I don't care what other think..." Unfortunately you do not realize that we could not exist on our own.

CNN...I don't watch the (censored) news at all...I hear it first hand during my frequent travels.

If you think you experienced it all because you carried full combat gear at 145 degrees...then you live in some cloud and it is time for you to come down.

And for Matt -- that thing they hate us because they are jealous is so funny and stupid to say. Bush came with that in 2001 and never repeated it again snce he realized that MANY, many, many countries live many times better than we do. We live 8-7PM at work, and 7-8 PM (ONE HOUR per day before kids go to bed) with our families. The rest live with the families. I don't care if I have the BMW of a fat bank acct, I'd trade all that for my fam time that does not exist in this society.

As for the medical...that someone asked above...no one has it worse than we do, so lets not get there.

Finally, many other countries have similar standards to us (Switz., Sweden, France, Germany...) but they did not harm them because of the jealousy... Makes me think maybe it is our "world police" attitude that pisses the world off? Look at our alies nations even -- Korea (South), Japan, Greece, rest of Europe, blah, blah -- daily protests against Bush (not other leaders)...why?
dr335is is offline  
0
      01-05-2007, 09:04 AM   #25
dr335is
Brigadier General
 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Matt
I don't FUCKING CARE what other countries' people think of me or my country.

It's a non-issue for me. They hate us, and our country, and our leadership, because we have, and they have not. It is their jealousy, religion, and spite, all rolled into one neatly wrapped package. They "beleive" we are evil, because of the things we say/do/wear/etc. They point the finger at us because we take action in this world where others will not (damn french. jk!). We are the most powerful single nation in the world. Did you ever have an older role-model type, who was better than you at almost everything, and who did whatever he wanted and got away with it? At first you think, "Oh my GOD! he's SO COOL!"... Then you get bitter, angry, and jealous, that YOU are not that guy... I think you see my meaning.


Welcome to the land of opportunity.

Now take this opportunity to take your head out of your ass. Live life for yourself, as you think life should be lived. NOT how the damn "(Japan, Korea, China, Singapore, Taiwan, India, Malaysia, WHOLE Europe, Canada, Mexico...)" say you should live.
Matt,

You may know some about the cars...actually how to dress them up...but what you just said below (your analogy) is very wrong -- other nations do not envy us, they have all we have plus much more. They do NOT want to be like us -- no one wants the robotic life we have here. We think money is everything, but others have more important things in their lives... I lived in a communist regime for 20 years, I have traveled all over from Japan to Europe and have seen very developed societies, and very undeveloped ones. I have seen China before and after the boom. None of them wanted to be "like us".
dr335is is offline  
0
      01-05-2007, 09:15 AM   #26
smokin
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW 335 Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, England

Posts: 230
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 335d coupe  [0.00]
Matt, to think that every other country wants to be like usa well far from the truth mate.

You will find a whole bunch of europeans disgust america for starters. Most of my friends from holland, germany, belgium, denmark etc, They despise you guys.

Me personally, i love coming over there, and love the americans in general, but hey were in the supposed 51st state here. But i am far from jealous of the US or the lifestyle. I wouldnt swap it for many alternative ways of life. Including my own here in sunny London

and all this while blair is firmly giving g bush one in the ass! Or is it the other way round

Oh and as for the soldiers, they are fucking heroes and should get nothing but the upmost respect, not the way i have seen some of them spoken to on here.
smokin is offline   England
0
      01-05-2007, 10:04 AM   #27
dr335is
Brigadier General
 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin
Matt, to think that every other country wants to be like usa well far from the truth mate.

You will find a whole bunch of europeans disgust america for starters. Most of my friends from holland, germany, belgium, denmark etc, They despise you guys.

Me personally, i love coming over there, and love the americans in general, but hey were in the supposed 51st state here. But i am far from jealous of the US or the lifestyle. I wouldnt swap it for many alternative ways of life. Including my own here in sunny London

and all this while blair is firmly giving g bush one in the ass! Or is it the other way round

Oh and as for the soldiers, they are fucking heroes and should get nothing but the upmost respect, not the way i have seen some of them spoken to on here.
I agree with you 100%
I did not want to come on here sounding that I do not respect the soldiers and the job they do. They have one of the toughest tasks out there with the poor planners leading them. I respect thsoldiers all the way, I want their leaders to answer to their parents and to the World.

However, I do not like the attitude of some f them: "When you carry the combat gear on 145 degrees, then you can talk to me..." You're doing your job (very well) and I am doing mine...
dr335is is offline  
0
      01-05-2007, 10:25 AM   #28
ski360
Second Lieutenant
 
ski360's Avatar
 
Drives: 325i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Germany (US)

Posts: 251
iTrader: (0)

Dr325i
How bout you just move to one of those locations that you so frequently visit. I'm sure you would fit right in.

As for the soldier's on the ground I would say most of them (there is always going to be a few pissed off) believe in what they're doing. I know guy's that have asked to go just so they can help out, I have friends that will never be the same because of injury's. They all believed in what they were doing, and they believe in there leadership. That's how the military works. So when it comes to your bullshit anti-war this and everyone hate's america that. Keep it to your self.

In my mind and alot of people I work with all agree. Ya can't support the troops if you don't believe in what they're doing. B/C they believe in what they're doing. I can't speak for them all, but everyone I've served with feels this way.
ski360 is offline  
0
      01-05-2007, 10:57 AM   #29
dr335is
Brigadier General
 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ski360
Dr325i
How bout you just move to one of those locations that you so frequently visit. I'm sure you would fit right in.

As for the soldier's on the ground I would say most of them (there is always going to be a few pissed off) believe in what they're doing. I know guy's that have asked to go just so they can help out, I have friends that will never be the same because of injury's. They all believed in what they were doing, and they believe in there leadership. That's how the military works. So when it comes to your bullshit anti-war this and everyone hate's america that. Keep it to your self.

In my mind and alot of people I work with all agree. Ya can't support the troops if you don't believe in what they're doing. B/C they believe in what they're doing. I can't speak for them all, but everyone I've served with feels this way.

I am sure I would, but that is not the solution.
And as for your comment that the majority of the soldiers support and believe in their leaders -- I am not sure about that or the meadia is openly lying to us???

And then, why 65% of Americans disapprove Bush work and the leaders??? SHould we all move to other countries? Or is it what the democracy (that you're supposedly protecting) is all about -- free to agree and disagree without being prosecuted (i.e. expelled to the other country...).

Man, get your facts and ideas straight. If you fight to promote beer drinking, American football and Chevy trucks and our way of living over there, then you're wrong. If you really fight to promote the democracy and freedom over there, then you have the right cause.

Stay safe.
dr335is is offline  
0
      01-05-2007, 12:38 PM   #30
///Matt
United States Marine
 
///Matt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 2,749
iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to ///Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i
I am sure I would, but that is not the solution.
And as for your comment that the majority of the soldiers support and believe in their leaders -- I am not sure about that or the meadia is openly lying to us???

And then, why 65% of Americans disapprove Bush work and the leaders??? SHould we all move to other countries? Or is it what the democracy (that you're supposedly protecting) is all about -- free to agree and disagree without being prosecuted (i.e. expelled to the other country...).

So do you beleive EVERY statistic the liberal media spews on you?

YES. You are correct. The media openly lies to us. Not all of it, not all the time, but YES. They do.

Also, I imagine you must be very tired from travelling around every home in the US, polling some 250,000,000+ people about their opinion of W. Oh wait... You didn't do that. You watched the TV, or read in the Newspaper, that that's what's true.

What you MEANT to say, is that SUPPOSEDLY, 65% "of American registered voters POLLED by the liberal media, with a decided agenda against George Bush, dissapprove of Bush and his policies." That's not 65% of Americans, nor is it 65% of American voters. It's, in truth, probably more like 20% of American voters that were polled, IF THAT, that may be WAY too high of a number, and OF that 20% of voters, 65% didn't like Bush.

Mind you, I'm not supporting Bush. I'm not republican, nor conservative, nor any other party or creed. I'm ME.

But I'm also not going to sit around and bitch about bad policy. If you don't like it, vote for someone else next time. (not that it matters THIS time, since he's done.)

I beleive in positive reinforcement. This means. So how about, instead of sitting around bitching about Bush, or even going out and protesting Bush, you support a "better" candidate of your choosing? go have a rally for "vote for whoever".

Oh and by the way...

Yes, I may know a little about cars... or dressing them up. And I also just "may" be a candidate for MENSA. I may be an MIT graduate. You DON'T KNOW. So, again, take your head out of your ass, and take a look at the real world. The fact that I'm a simple grease monkey to you (how's your BMW running? be a real shame if I was an idiot, and left your brake bolts loose, right?) doesn't mean I don't have a valid opinion, or am uninformed.

If you make another comment to someone about what they "do" or "may" know, while you STILL refuse to tell anyone what you "do" or "may" know, you deserve a swift kick in the nuts. You're avoiding it because you want some phantom respect you don't deserve. I have a friend who's an airline stewardess. She's been to just about every country in the world. Does this make her knowledgeable about the world and it's politics? no, not at all. The same goes for you. Respect is earned, not deserved, and so far you've done NOTHING to earn ANYONE's respect around here.
///Matt is offline   United_States
0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST