BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Engine | Drivetrain | Exhaust
 
GT Haus
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-25-2009, 02:29 AM   #23
SECRET M
Engineer
 
SECRET M's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Northern California

Posts: 276
iTrader: (1)

does the slip on exhaust require any modification to the OEM x-pipe. also can i pair with the AA x-pipe?
__________________
2012 Range Rover Sport Autobiography :: Sumatra Black|Tan.Ebony
2008 BMW ///M3 :: Space Gray|Black
SECRET M is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2009, 06:58 AM   #24
Lemans_Blue_M
Automotive Industry Insider
 
Lemans_Blue_M's Avatar
 
Drives: Lemans Blue M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas

Posts: 1,948
iTrader: (0)

Nate,

Just a crazy idea, but is Akrapovic a company that seems to be a little 'flexible' in their manufacturing philosophy?

What I mean is...if you were to approach them about building a slightly modified "Exclusive IND Version" of the Evolution exhaust system...would they be open minded to actually building it?

I have a couple of ideas that I'm sure would sell, and your company could be the sole vendor that could offer it to the M3 community. (through a proprietary agreement with Akrapovic)

PM if you are interested in hearing more...
__________________
The best is yet to come...
Lemans_Blue_M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2009, 10:05 AM   #25
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Nate@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

Posts: 10,164
iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECRET M View Post
does the slip on exhaust require any modification to the OEM x-pipe. also can i pair with the AA x-pipe?
There is no modification need to fit the slip on system to the OEM or AA X-pipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemans_Blue_M View Post
Nate,

Just a crazy idea, but is Akrapovic a company that seems to be a little 'flexible' in their manufacturing philosophy?

What I mean is...if you were to approach them about building a slightly modified "Exclusive IND Version" of the Evolution exhaust system...would they be open minded to actually building it?

I have a couple of ideas that I'm sure would sell, and your company could be the sole vendor that could offer it to the M3 community. (through a proprietary agreement with Akrapovic)

PM if you are interested in hearing more...
Very interesting idea. I will send over a pm later today.
__________________
Nate@IND is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2009, 11:58 AM   #26
KWY91
Major
 
KWY91's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 (on order), 458
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Exeter, Devon

Posts: 1,299
iTrader: (3)

Nate you got PM about the akra deal
__________________
Wanna know my mods for my 335i? It's here! http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ght=blue+water

Lamborghini's Mica Orange E93 M3
Akrapovic Exhaust //Challenge Rear CF diffuser//ESS VT-575 Supercharger
KWY91 is offline   Singapore
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2009, 05:33 PM   #27
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Nate@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

Posts: 10,164
iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_Kidracer View Post
Nate you got PM about the akra deal
Just sent you a pm
__________________
Nate@IND is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2009, 07:55 PM   #28
RGuard250
Titanium TCP
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Honolulu

Posts: 168
iTrader: (0)

IND special edition burnt tips would make me pull out my wallet
RGuard250 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2009, 01:17 PM   #29
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Nate@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

Posts: 10,164
iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGuard250 View Post
IND special edition burnt tips would make me pull out my wallet
I would be willing to do a set for you
__________________
Nate@IND is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2009, 04:40 PM   #30
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Nate@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

Posts: 10,164
iTrader: (19)

Custom Polished Akrapovic tips

Custom polished Akrapovic tips now available from IND. The tips are special order only. Pm me for more info.

__________________
Nate@IND is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2009, 07:40 PM   #31
RGuard250
Titanium TCP
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Honolulu

Posts: 168
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
I would be willing to do a set for you
Would this be covered under Akra warranty? Please post pics, i'm excited!
RGuard250 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2009, 07:49 PM   #32
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Nate@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

Posts: 10,164
iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGuard250 View Post
Would this be covered under Akra warranty? Please post pics, i'm excited!
That's the downside to doing the burnt tips. There will be no warranty on the tips after we perform the work. Since the tips are removable there is no effect on the exhaust parts.
__________________
Nate@IND is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2009, 08:01 PM   #33
RGuard250
Titanium TCP
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Honolulu

Posts: 168
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
That's the downside to doing the burnt tips. There will be no warranty on the tips after we perform the work. Since the tips are removable there is no effect on the exhaust parts.
Nate,

Would you use the original Akrapovic titanium tip and torch it or would you use the polished?
RGuard250 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2009, 08:06 PM   #34
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Nate@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

Posts: 10,164
iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGuard250 View Post
Nate,

Would you use the original Akrapovic titanium tip and torch it or would you use the polished?
I would not want to torch the polished tips at all. We will only torch or powder coat the original Akrapovic tips.
__________________
Nate@IND is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-29-2009, 04:03 AM   #35
tooshay
First Lieutenant
 
tooshay's Avatar
 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: So Cal

Posts: 333
iTrader: (5)

Send a message via AIM to tooshay
just received the Akrapovic exhaust today. it is a thing of beauty. great craftsmanship. took half the day off to install it myself and then took her for a spin. all i can say is "wow!". the sound is intoxicating. thanks Nate for all your help.
i'll post some pix when i have time.
__________________
e92 with some ///M3 stuff
tooshay is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-29-2009, 12:11 PM   #36
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Nate@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

Posts: 10,164
iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooshay View Post
just received the Akrapovic exhaust today. it is a thing of beauty. great craftsmanship. took half the day off to install it myself and then took her for a spin. all i can say is "wow!". the sound is intoxicating. thanks Nate for all your help.
i'll post some pix when i have time.
Very cool

That is great news. I have something for you also in the paint booth
__________________
Nate@IND is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-30-2009, 06:49 AM   #37
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Nate@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

Posts: 10,164
iTrader: (19)

Full system and slip on will be ready to ship on Monday
__________________
Nate@IND is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-30-2009, 10:22 PM   #38
doba_s
Major General
 
doba_s's Avatar
 
Drives: M3, 1M
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 6,101
iTrader: (26)

Send a message via Skype™ to doba_s
do you guys have slip on's for e90 ?

also do you have more pictures of the polished tips?
doba_s is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2009, 04:18 AM   #39
RGuard250
Titanium TCP
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Honolulu

Posts: 168
iTrader: (0)

Picture of torched tips Nate!
RGuard250 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2009, 07:05 AM   #40
Jlnike
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 08 e90 m3 07 e90 328xi
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York

Posts: 261
iTrader: (1)

yeah they show it on there website for the e90 its pure SEX! wish i had the cake for it/ didn't lease my car!
Jlnike is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2009, 07:06 AM   #41
Jlnike
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 08 e90 m3 07 e90 328xi
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York

Posts: 261
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doba_s View Post
do you guys have slip on's for e90 ?

also do you have more pictures of the polished tips?
they have it on there website...wish i had the cake for it/ didn't lease my car!

its pure sex!
Jlnike is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2009, 09:53 AM   #42
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Nate@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

Posts: 10,164
iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doba_s View Post
do you guys have slip on's for e90 ?

also do you have more pictures of the polished tips?
We offer a full or slip on for the E90 M3.

More polished photos thanks to Andrew-
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316293
__________________
Nate@IND is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2009, 10:49 AM   #43
doba_s
Major General
 
doba_s's Avatar
 
Drives: M3, 1M
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 6,101
iTrader: (26)

Send a message via Skype™ to doba_s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
We offer a full or slip on for the E90 M3.

More polished photos thanks to Andrew-
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316293
Thanks,

do you guys have any videos of Akra and ES side by side ? I can't decide which one ... I wish akra tips were as nice as on eisenmann systems
doba_s is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2009, 08:13 PM   #44
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Nate@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

Posts: 10,164
iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doba_s View Post
Thanks,

do you guys have any videos of Akra and ES side by side ? I can't decide which one ... I wish akra tips were as nice as on eisenmann systems
808 and IND will get a revving video done this week.

I hear you on the tips. Eisenmann's LeMans style is hard to beat.
__________________
Nate@IND is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:34 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST