BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-17-2009, 08:14 PM   #1
yalag
Private First Class
21

 
Drives: M3 E92
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Toronto


Posts: 107
iTrader: (0)

About to put down deposit, got some questions please!

I just test drove a white M3 coupe and so tempted to put down a deposite, however got a couple of questions. First, I always hear that the M has a special M button where you can pre set all your settings and turn it on with that button. Is this true? I didn't see it on the M3 I tested, the sales person didn't know what I was talking about I called another dealership and they said that it comes with the damper control package. Can I get a confirmation from people here?

Secondly, I was really surprised with the power of the M3. Did I not turn on the right settings? But basically when I stepped on the gas, it look a 1-2 second lag before the car would push forward. Really wasn't what I expected, maybe something with turbo but not the V8. Is there a sports mode that I need to turn on? Maybe some gas saving mode? And of course again, the sales person didn't know a thing....

The dealer is giving me a 4000 for cash incentive. Plus probably a 4-5k discount. Is this considered reasonable for a 09 M3?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2009, 08:25 PM   #2
ebohon
Second Lieutenant
United_States
8

 
ebohon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 M3 Coupe, 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Anaheim Hills, CA


Posts: 252
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yalag View Post
I just test drove a white M3 coupe and so tempted to put down a deposite, however got a couple of questions. First, I always hear that the M has a special M button where you can pre set all your settings and turn it on with that button. Is this true? I didn't see it on the M3 I tested, the sales person didn't know what I was talking about I called another dealership and they said that it comes with the damper control package. Can I get a confirmation from people here?

Secondly, the dealer is giving me a 4000 for cash incentive. Plus probably a 4-5k discount. Is this considered reasonable for a 09 M3?

Thanks!
Sales person did not know what the M button was? Up to 9k discount off MSRP? The M button is on the steering wheel and it controls the damping, power and steering settings. If you don't get the EDC, I guess you don't get the M button and would control Power and Steering via other buttons or iDrive. Maybe they are giving you this discount because they can't move the car without the EDC option or any other 'missing' option. I could live without the EDC. I would not be a deal breaker for me. But I do like all the other options. Good luck!
__________________
2009 M3 : 6MT : Carbon : Silverstone : Fox Red Novilo : Aluminum Trim : Tech Package : iPod :
MODS: Performance Spoiler: Clear Reflectors : H&Rs : Escort 9500ix hardwired : Tint : Macht Schnell Filter : RPI Scoops : Rogue Pulley : Fabspeed resonated x-pipe with Remus Race : ESS Tune: TVinMotion
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2009, 08:27 PM   #3
yalag
Private First Class
21

 
Drives: M3 E92
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Toronto


Posts: 107
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebohon View Post
Sales person did not know what the M button was? Up to 9k discount off MSRP? The M button is on the steering wheel and it controls the damping, power and steering settings. If you don't get the EDC, I guess you don't get the M button and would control Power and Steering via other buttons or iDrive. Maybe they are giving you this discount because they can't move the car without the EDC option or any other 'missing' option. I could live without the EDC. I would not be a deal breaker for me. But I do like all the other options. Good luck!
Thanks for the help! The sales person is new, 2 weeks with BMW.....does anyone know if Power and Steering can be controlled through iDrive without EDC option? Maybe brakes too? Where can I get info on this?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2009, 08:28 PM   #4
Bluesummer
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
232

 
Bluesummer's Avatar
 
Drives: slower than Ayrton Senna
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nürburgring, be there once, your heart, your soul will stay there.


Posts: 15,410
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2015 M4  [0.00]
2011 E82 135  [0.00]
2011 M3  [0.00]
2007 335  [0.00]
does the car have an iDrive?
__________________

R.I.P. Steve Noh
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2009, 08:28 PM   #5
yalag
Private First Class
21

 
Drives: M3 E92
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Toronto


Posts: 107
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesummer View Post
does the car have an iDrive?
Yep, has the M-Drive and executive package just no EDC.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2009, 08:50 PM   #6
ebohon
Second Lieutenant
United_States
8

 
ebohon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 M3 Coupe, 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Anaheim Hills, CA


Posts: 252
iTrader: (2)

I would suggest you go to the BMW website and 'build' your car so you can see what options are available with the various packages. There is no 'brake' option by the way. My suggestion is that you go back to the dealership and request a sales or service person familiar with Ms and ask them to show you how you would set the Power and Steering options either via iDrive or buttons. The huge advantage of the M button is that you control all 3 settings with one 'convenient' on/off button on the steering wheel.
__________________
2009 M3 : 6MT : Carbon : Silverstone : Fox Red Novilo : Aluminum Trim : Tech Package : iPod :
MODS: Performance Spoiler: Clear Reflectors : H&Rs : Escort 9500ix hardwired : Tint : Macht Schnell Filter : RPI Scoops : Rogue Pulley : Fabspeed resonated x-pipe with Remus Race : ESS Tune: TVinMotion
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2009, 08:57 PM   #7
yalag
Private First Class
21

 
Drives: M3 E92
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Toronto


Posts: 107
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebohon View Post
I would suggest you go to the BMW website and 'build' your car so you can see what options are available with the various packages. There is no 'brake' option by the way. My suggestion is that you go back to the dealership and request a sales or service person familiar with Ms and ask them to show you how you would set the Power and Steering options either via iDrive or buttons. The huge advantage of the M button is that you control all 3 settings with one 'convenient' on/off button on the steering wheel.
I went to the online configurator and built an M3 with the MDrive package which comes with the MDrive button and the description says "Just one touch of the M Drive button on the steering wheel and all preselected settings are reactivated...". But without the EDC options, what exactly are those settings? There's no way to find out
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2009, 09:22 PM   #8
ebohon
Second Lieutenant
United_States
8

 
ebohon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 M3 Coupe, 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Anaheim Hills, CA


Posts: 252
iTrader: (2)

Here is a bunch of pics that speak a 1000 words LOL... the blurry one shows what the M button controls...i obviously dont have a steady hand with my stupid cell phone cam... but...anyway...it says EDC, DSC (Dynamic Stability Control), Power, Servotronic (steering). The other pics show the options within each area. You also have some buttons to control these individualy if you don't want to use (or have) the M button.
Attached Images
      
__________________
2009 M3 : 6MT : Carbon : Silverstone : Fox Red Novilo : Aluminum Trim : Tech Package : iPod :
MODS: Performance Spoiler: Clear Reflectors : H&Rs : Escort 9500ix hardwired : Tint : Macht Schnell Filter : RPI Scoops : Rogue Pulley : Fabspeed resonated x-pipe with Remus Race : ESS Tune: TVinMotion
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2009, 10:47 PM   #9
yalag
Private First Class
21

 
Drives: M3 E92
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Toronto


Posts: 107
iTrader: (0)

so basically, without the EDC option, my MDrive package is still good for Power, Steering and DSC? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2009, 12:43 PM   #10
Pete The Greek
the greek guy
United_States
7

 
Pete The Greek's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 M3 AW/FR
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chicago, IL


Posts: 197
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2010 E92 M3  [0.00]
OP: Hit the power button, it makes the throttle more responsive. With the power off the M3 drives as more laid back car.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:01 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST