BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

10-06-2009, 03:35 PM   #1
albert1028
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2009 E90 Space Gray M3

1200 MI Service at New Century BMW - Alhambra, CA

Hey All,

Just wanted to say that I had my 1200 service for my DCT E90 M3 and things went well and quickly. I dropped it off at little past 9:00AM and got a call to pick it up at noon. My SA was Dan Taylor who knows a lot about aftermarket and he had nice comments on my vanguard exhaust. I had brought it in for a rattle, but he said due to my aftermarket tint, they would not warrantee or look into the door rattle since I had window tint installed. But overall, I would trust them in doing service if you go through Dan Taylor. He also mentioned that most of the cars he services are M cars, so he knows his stuff.

Overall, I am a satisfied customer.
albert1028 is offline   Taiwan
      10-07-2009, 05:32 AM   #2
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert1028 View Post
Hey All,

Just wanted to say that I had my 1200 service for my DCT E90 M3 and things went well and quickly. I dropped it off at little past 9:00AM and got a call to pick it up at noon. My SA was Dan Taylor who knows a lot about aftermarket and he had nice comments on my vanguard exhaust. I had brought it in for a rattle, but he said due to my aftermarket tint, they would not warrantee or look into the door rattle since I had window tint installed. But overall, I would trust them in doing service if you go through Dan Taylor. He also mentioned that most of the cars he services are M cars, so he knows his stuff.

Time out - They won't look into & fix the door rattle because you have tint installed? What a crock - How does tint make the door rattle? Did you ask if you voided any other parts of your warranty with the exhaust mod? A dealership that looks for lame excuses to void your warranty is the freking last place I would go for service.
Moxie is offline   Germany
      10-07-2009, 10:17 AM   #3
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.

Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 12 AW X5d

Quote:
Hey All,

Did your shop remove the door to install the tint (not common)? If they didn't, then what he told you makes zero sense to me.
Singletrack is offline   United_States
      10-07-2009, 10:40 AM   #4
albert1028
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack View Post
Did your shop remove the door to install the tint (not common)? If they didn't, then what he told you makes zero sense to me.
The tinting company didn't remove the door fully, but they opened up the top part of the door to remove the gasket and then installed tint and put the gasket back in place.

The dealer did however try to look for the rattle during a test drive but didn't find a rattle. I also reported that it was coming from the door, since when i'm driving freeway speeds, when i put my hand on the top part of the door, the rattle stops. So i think they did try but couldn't locate anything.
      10-07-2009, 01:12 PM   #5
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d

Quote:
The tinting company didn't remove the door fully, but they opened up the top part of the door to remove the gasket and then installed tint and put the gasket back in place.

The dealer did however try to look for the rattle during a test drive but didn't find a rattle. I also reported that it was coming from the door, since when i'm driving freeway speeds, when i put my hand on the top part of the door, the rattle stops. So i think they did try but couldn't locate anything.
Now I understand - I couldn'rt figure out why they would not fix a door rattle because of tint, other then looking for an excuse not to do. I'm set up to get my tint Monday. Wonder if they will also mess with the door I don't expect they will.
Moxie is offline   Germany
      10-08-2009, 07:04 PM   #6
Mpressed
Private

Drives: E90 M3

Im taking my 09 e90 DCT in next week to new century. Were you able to get a rental?

09 E90 DCT -> Squeaks and Rattle package

03 Boosted IS300
      10-10-2009, 11:07 AM   #7
albert1028
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpressed View Post
Im taking my 09 e90 DCT in next week to new century. Were you able to get a rental?
Who is your SA? I did get a rental, a SG E90 335i Sport Package, but I did call 1 week ahead of time.